‹ Prequel: Whiskey Lullaby

My Little Girl

18 years ago, my mom was raped and got pregnant. With me. Matt, my Step-father, was always there for her when my blood father wasn't. Meaning, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Though I could never really call Matt my dad, I knew he was the closest thing I'd ever get to a real one. I learned to accept him, and tell him mostly everything.

To everyone at school, I'm the famous rockstar's daughter. Who wants NOTHING but to be accepted for herself, not because of her father. I do all I can to be my own person. I am an artist, a singer, and an actress. I am in nearly every production at school, and most art contests. My plan has worked. I've become my mother was in high school. A reject. The girl NO ONE wants to be around, for fear of their reputation. But it doesn't really bother me. I go on with life, not expecting anything extraordinary. And I'm happy with just that. Or at least I thought I was...

Annette Jones Sanders, "Jonsie", is a regular high school student, aside from the fact that she lives and works a farm, and is a famous rockstar's daughter. Hard hearted, she has learned to never trust men. She's pulled away from all her old friends, starting a new life. And it completely works for her. Except for one thing...Noah Northman. Noah Northman is the most popular boy at school. People treat him like royallty. And for obvious reasons, Noah never notices Jonsie, or at least pretends not to. But Jonsie notices him. She hates his guts, and wishes she could burn her clothes every time he brushes against her. But could the matter of money change Noah's perspective on the strange, yet beautiful, outcast girl?