Sequel: A Trail to the Heart

Puppy Love

Chapter Eight

Dinner at the Jonas house; I frankly didn't know what to expect. And to be honest, I wasn't all that calm about it. Why? Because my nerves were eating me alive. Not literally, but it sure felt like it.

Which is why when I was turning the corner after my hour walk with Elvis, and before you ask, yes, an hour, I honestly considered running away from this. But then I realized I couldn't for 1) because I had to take Elvis back and 2) I already agreed to it. And I do not back out on anything I agree upon.

I walked up their driveway, Elvis ahead, and saw Nick sitting at the doorstep. Curious, I walked up to him.

"Aw, did you wait for me?" I asked him sweetly, and somewhat amused, while smiling. He smiled back.

"Yeah, I wanted to be able to introduce you to the rest of the family," he explained, as he got up and took Elvis' leash, leading me inside.

He led me through the house. Going through some of the rooms I was in before when I first started walking Elvis, we ended up in a nice-sized kitchen.

"Hey mom," Nick said, to a woman a little away from us; looking into a pot that was on the stove. When she looked up, I politely smiled at her.

"Oh, hello sweetie," she said to Nick, and then acknowledged me. "Is this Kendall?"

"Yeah," Nick answered, then started introducing us, "Mom, this is Kendall. Kendall, this is my mom, Denise."

"Hi," I said, shyly, waving a little.

"It's nice to meet you dear," she said, while walking over to shake my hand, "Nicholas has been talking about you non-stop lately."

"Oh really?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him. He looked down and I could see a slight blush in his cheeks.

"Uh..... mom, where's everyone else?" He asked, desperately wanting to change the subject. I could tell because he had a pleading look in his eyes. Either that or pleading her not to tell me what he's said about me.

"In the den, watching the game," she answered, and right after she did Nick's eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh, I forgot, the game's on today!" He exclaimed, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the kitchen; to the room I presumed was the den.

"Don't so go slow," I said sarcastically. He simply smiled as I looked and noticed the four people that were already in here; crowded on a huge couch.

He sat down on an arm chair that was beside the couch, and when he saw me standing there awkwardly, he pulled me down onto his lap. I blushed like mad because this was the closest contact we've had since we'd met.

He didn't seem to notice though, because his eyes were immediately focused on the t.v. screen. I decided to mess with him a little bit, to see how much he was actually focused on the game.

I ran my fingers gently up and down his arm, which caused him to shiver, but still kept his eyes glued to the screen. I then caressed his cheek gently, which almost got him to look, but not quite. I gave him a questioning look. What did I have to do to get his attention?

Then I thought of something. I sweetly placed a kiss on his jaw. Finally, that got him to look at me, a huge smile on his face.

"Aren't you going to introduce me?" I asked him, laughing a little and smiling too. His smiles were contagious.

"Oh, right," he said. Right then the game went to commercial, so Nick lifted me off his lap; both of us soon standing.

"Guys, this is Kendall," Nick said, once everyone focused their attentionon us, "Kendall, this is my dad Kevin, Frankie, you already know Joe, and Kevin." As he introduced each person, he pointed to each of them.

"Hi," I said, shyly like I did with Denise.

"Nice to meet you," Kevin Sr. said, as Frankie and Kevin agreed. Joe just smiled since we already met.

"Kendall!" Joe exclaimed, making me jump, because he said it rather loudly. I heard everyone else sigh and I saw Kevin Sr. shoot him a warning look for saying it so loud.

"Hey Joe," I said, laughing a little. It was cute how he was smiling now.

Maybe this wouldn't be as nerve-wracking as I thought it would be.

And judging by the smooth-flowing introductions, besides Joe's outburst, I was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one I love too. :) I'll even say it's cuter than the last chapter, and I'm sure on that because... well, once you read it, you'll know what I mean. :) Anyway, you've run out of time to tell me, so it is officially Chasing Stars vs. jesstierney! Score is Chasing Stars: 4; jesstierney: 2! But don't worry, you two still have plenty of time! So, dedications go to jesstierney, sarah3044, crazytee, in.love.with.j, and Chasing Stars for commenting after the last chapter! I appreciate you guys, thanks! You want a dedication in the next chapter, you comment. That's what I'm going by. Hope you all enjoy this chapter! :)