Status: This story is currently active.

The Nightlurker

Prologue

That dark-haired boy squatted across me, hands reaching the books that just fell hitting his head as he was trying to put them back to the shelves. My gaze was directed towards him. Weird, I’d seen that kind of green-eyes before – a pair of green eyes that reminded me of a couple of twinkling emeralds and probably at Perthshire Highlands itself. I squatted there in silence, I didn’t remember how long. I could see he was pouting at me, and I guess I knew why he did that. It felt weird when someone stared at you as if you’d met him before.
It felt more like a déjàvu.

I was sure my eyes were blank as I stared into his deep green eyes. I could see his mouth was moving and it sounded as if he was muttering something at me. I had no idea what he was talking. My gaze was still locked with his as my mind wandered off.

It was already two years ago, but it still felt like yesterday for me. The vision of the library suddenly blurred, replaced by a beautiful landscape of English Countryside itself – The meadow, the woods, the lochs, every place that I’d been, the wonderful sceneries of Scotland.

Speaking of Scotland, the place was quite well-known with its old, ancient, medieval-themed places with abbeys yet well-known with the haunting and superstitions as well. Before residing there, I remembered myself starting out as a superstitions non-believer, perhaps just like most of you are. I didn’t believe in any ghost stories or haunting, which I thought they were absurd.

Of course, this story I was about to tell you is related to ghost stories and haunting. But it’s nothing like any other horror stories, where the protagonist usually ended up being killed for the ghost’s grudge. My story has its own horror-twist.

I didn’t know how long I gazed at his green eyes. However, it was hard to resist though and made me squatting frozen on the floor, with books scattering around me, eyes that brought me back to two years ago.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, thanks for dropping by to read my story! Please let me know what you think, any critics are open. Thank you!