Tripled Manic State

Chapter 39

“Ouch – Steve-o. That looks like it hurts.” Rebel said, looking up from the book she was reading.

“It does. And so does my foot.” Steve-o replied, sitting down on Knoxville’s porch.

“Your foot?”

“Yeah – I kicked a shark in the head when it tried to bite my foot.” Steve-o explained.

“It was an accidental kicking.” Chris explained as he joined them on the porch. “Why are we all at Knoxville’s anyway?”

“Dunno – he just invited us all over.” Linde said as he and Ville walked out of the house and onto the porch. They took a seat on the decking opposite Steve-o, Chris and Rebel (who was sat on the only chair that Knoxville had on his porch).

“Maybe he just wants company.” Chris suggested, before thinking and starting to laugh. “Sorry – I forgot it was Knoxville we were talking about.”

“What are you saying about me?” Knoxville asked as he joined them.

“Is this it? Just the seven of us?” Steve-o asked.

“Steve-o, you idiot, there’s only six of us.” Knoxville said, whacking him round the back of the head.

“Well...damn.” Steve-o muttered when he couldn’t think of a good enough reply.

“So...why are we here?” Chris asked after a few minutes of silence.

“I was bored.” Knoxville answered, “And I couldn’t be bothered to invite everyone. So I just invited you lot.”

“Charming.” Rebel muttered, not even looking up from her book.

“Yeah – I love you too, princess.” Knoxville muttered, rolling his eyes and taking a seat on the porch. “Wait – why are you in my chair and I’m sat on the floor?”

“Because you love me.”

“No I don’t.”

“You just admitted it, Johnny.”

“Damn! I will get my revenge!” Knoxville laughed, toppling over onto his side.

“Freak.” Rebel muttered, finishing her book and throwing it at Steve-o.

“So...who do you love Linde?”

“Are you trying to play a screwed up game of truth or dare? ‘Cus if you are you need a bottle.” Ville said.

“It’s my version of the game – it doesn’t need a bottle.” Knoxville replied, turning to Linde again. “So, answer my question.”

“You know who I love.” Linde answered, staring at the decking on the patio.

“Well, then, why didn’t you say her name?” Steve-o asked. “It would have been so much easier.”

“And all you think about is what’s easy.” Chris laughed.

“Shut up.” Steve-o laughed.

“Are you saying that you don’t love me anymore, Linde?” Rebel asked, looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

Linde nodded, still staring intently at the patio decking.

“Can you take me home, Johnny?” Rebel asked, standing up.

“Sure.” He replied, standing up and leading the way towards his car.

“Reb! Let me explain!” Linde shouted after her.

“There’s nothing to explain.” Rebel said, not turning around.

“Sure there is! It’s not that I don’t love you – It’s just that I love someone else more!” Linde shouted after her.

“And who would that be?” Rebel asked, finally turning around and looking at him.

Linde looked at Ville but didn’t reply.

“Ville!? You love your best friend more?”

Linde nodded.

“Well then, maybe you two should give it a try.” Rebel replied, turning around and walking towards Knoxville’s car.

“Idiot.” Knoxville said to Linde before following her. He gave her a hug before holding the door open for her and then getting into the car and driving off.