Welcome Home.

one.

“How was your day?” It was such a cliché, the inevitable question coming subconsciously from Die’s mouth before he really even thought about it. But, he was genuinely interested, had been from the moment he felt a pair of strong arms around his waist and the warmth of his lover’s breath on his neck as he buried his face in the crook of his shoulder.

“It was… interesting,” came the reply, slightly muffled due to the bassist’s lips still being pressed firmly against the guitarist’s skin. He straightened, a tired but content smile playing on his lips as he scratched the shaved skin of his head thoughtfully, watching the older man grabbing a handful of little potatoes from the bag and placing them on the chopping tray. “A mix of good and annoying.”

“Oh,” Die’s eyebrows furrowed, an expression caused by both the taller man’s comment and the fact the potatoes were rebelling against him, unwilling to be peeled. He turned his head to look over his shoulder at Toshiya, smiling gently. “Tell me about it?”

“Erm…” The younger man chuckled, releasing Die in order to get a beer from the fridge. There was nothing much to tell. It had simply been one of those days where everything just annoyed him, where the world seemed intent on pissing him off and was relentlessly striving to reach its goal. But, even though he felt relieved to be back home, there was still an underlying feeling of frustration coursing though him that needed to be released. “Well, first of all, it’s been raining all day. So, the second I went outside, my hair went all wavy and disgusting.”

“Oh, I thought you’d experimented with curlers or something.” Die grinned at him, triumphant at finally managing to peel a couple of the vegetables. He reached out to push the soft black strands off of his lover’s face, his thumb brushing over his lips delicately. “There’s nothing wrong with it, babe. What else?”

“Just people,” Despite the frustrated way the words came out, Toshiya found himself smiling, Die’s warm touch somehow making him feel at ease. He sighed and closed his eyes, resting the bottle on the counter. “They’re so ignorant and stupid. Always rushing around without a care for anyone else.” He opened his eyes again, staring into Die’s warm, chocolate brown ones, the smile a little sad as he wrapped his arm back around his partner. “I just hate the selfishness.”

Die nodded slowly, his slender fingers still caressing the bassist’s cheek as he leaned in to brush his lips gently across Toshiya’s. “And what about the good things?”

A small chuckle came from the taller man’s throat, as the day had started off well and the remembrance of the morning made him smile widely. “Well, when I woke up this morning, you were snoring your head off, curled up round me like a cat with your face all nuzzled into the duvet. Which you stole from me, like you always do.” He grinned crookedly, squeezing the older man’s slender frame closer to him. “When I left the bed, you made this adorable squeaky noise and tried to find me with your eyes still closed. You were still snoring as well.”

“I don’t snore.” Die interrupted, shaking his head with a stubborn grin on his face. A blush had started to rise on his cheeks at Toshiya’s words, painting the light skin a pretty pink, his dark eyes sparkling happily.

“Yes, you do,” Toshiya rolled his eyes. They’d had this argument countless times, but the older man was simply unwilling to admit he snored. He ruffled his partner’s brown hair with his free hand, before using it to tilt his head up in order to initiate a slow, soft kiss, which left them both smiling. “You know, I think knowing you were here waiting for me stopped me from committing any murders today.”

“Aha, well, I’m glad.” And his eyes spoke of just how glad he was. “You wouldn’t be much good to me in prison now, would you?”