Sequel: My Safe Haven
Status: Complete. Sequal soon.

Where Is My Happy Ending

four years

I looked down, as they shared their ‘I do’s’, and couldn’t help but start to cry. When I looked up again, he was staring back at me. He had the look of either dread, or sorrow, in his eyes. If it was dread, it was because he dreaded inviting me. If it was sorrow, it was because he knew he was hurting me. I sniffled, and the lady next to me looked at me.

“I just love happy endings?” I asked, more that stated. She nodded, and handed me a tissue. I thanked her silently, and wiped my tears away. I stood up. I had had enough of watching my best friend marry some one else. He knew that I loved him, but he chose her, and latterly begged me to come. I jogged up the isle, and turned back to look,, once I reached the doors. He didn’t even bother to come after me.

FOUR YEARS LATER

I walked though the isles of the grocery store. It was kind of hard, considering I was seven months pregnant. I reached for the Marshmallows and Stars cereal, but couldn’t reach it. I looked over and there was a tall man a few feet away from me, so I decided to ask him.

“Umm, excuse me. Do you think you could help me?” I asked, looking down.

“Sure.” he said, and I looked up. I gasped and stepped back.

“Jack…?” I whispered, and held on to my cart for some support.”

“Kasey? Is that you?” he asked, then looked down at my stomach. I nodded, and out of instinct, put my hands around my belly.

“Looks like you’re expecting.” he said in a tight voice. I nodded again, and he chuckled.

“So, who’s the lucky guy?” he asked me, finally handing me my cereal. I shuddered. He wouldn’t like who the dad was. At all.

“David.” I said in a hoarse voice. I heard a sharp intake of breath, and I looked up. He had looks of hate in his eyes.

“Are you serious Kay, all the people in the world, you chose him?” he said rudely.

“All the people in the world and you chose Olivia?” I snapped back. I heard him gasp.

“Yeah, that game can be played both ways.” I snapped again, and walked to the register. I heard him walk after me, but once he saw David he stopped in his tracks.

“How are my girls doing?” he asked me, kissing my forehead. I smiled, and mumbled a good. Jack cleared his throat, and David snapped his head towards him.

“Can I help you?” David asked politely as he could, because he knew who Jack was. He put his arms, around my stomach, and glared at Jack.

“Yeah you can actually. I was wondering why you decided to knock up my best friend.” he said.

“Ex-best friend.” I said, and Jack winced. David cleared his throat, prepared to answer.

“Considering she’s my fiancé, I think it’s alright.” he said, and I blushed.

“You’re marrying this.. This thing?” Jack hissed at me. I simply nodded.

“Well then. I hope you two have a happy marriage, rotting in hell.” Jack said and walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
ya i know its short, but i would really like it if you guys gave me feed back on what you think of it, or even suggestions???? please??!?!?!!?!?!