Status: Active

Your Love is a Razorblade Kiss (A Ville Valo Romance)

6. It's Beautiful

You made your way up to your room and flopped down on your bed. That's when something that you hadn’t done in months caught your eye. You scrambled off of your circular bed and dug in your closet furiously for the clear plastic bin that was at the bottom. You pulled it off and ripped the lid away quickly. The scent of acrylics filled the air. You coughed lightly, but ignored it. You then dug out the easel that you used for painting supplies and drawings. The rest of your art supplies were scattered about the room. You collected them and put it all together. You'd been meaning to make yourself your own studio forever, but never got around to it. There was a vacant room next to yours that April used primarily to store linens in. It was connected to your room by a simple door like you'd find in a hotel. You moved your stuff in quickly and took the towels to the closet down the hall.
"Perfect," you sighed to yourself as you examined the work you'd done. Over the course of three hours, you'd set up all of your art supplies and even managed to save about half of the large room for musical things. You hung a curtain in the middle to separate the two areas, and you'd even managed to move in all of your musical supplies. The only thing left for you to do was paint. You had the idea of making the walls black with white splatters of paint all over it. Then the ceiling and trim would be opposite; white with black splatters. Since the floor was wood, you figured you could do the same to it. There was a light knock at the door while you were in the middle of painting. You set your brush down and revealed April standing behind the door with an arm full of towels.
"Sorry Ape, but I've taken this place over as a studio." She looked around the room.
"It looks nice Raquell. But I guess I'll be using the linen closet from now on... Unless Raab still uses it for his dirty underwear..." You both laughed. "Dinner should be ready in about an hour," she said, turning to leave.
"Thanks’ Ape," you yelled after her. You shut the door quickly and commenced on your work. You finished without any further interruptions. Except for the constant noise of people moving along the hallway. That's what to be expected when you lived in a house with 8 people and had 5 guests over. (Yeah, in this story Ape and Phil live with Bam all the time and so do the guys)
You put down your brush and surveyed your work. Over the course of about 5 hours, you'd made yourself a pretty nifty art studio. "I like it," you said to yourself.
"It's beautiful," a voice said behind you. You jumped and turned around. Ville was standing in the doorway, admiring your work.
"Thanks," you said, certain you were blushing.
"Did you do everything in here by yourself," he asked, running a finger over the wall.
"Yeah... I just wanted a place where I could paint and not get it all over my bed cloths. Do you know how many times I've had to wash my sheets at 3:30 in the morning because they've had paint on them?"
"I'm guessing many from the tone of your voice," he chuckled. You shook your head quickly. "Well, Ape said to come get you for dinner.... If you're eating that is." "Thanks," you said, putting the lid on your paint can. He held out his hand and you put yours in his.