Status: Complete!

Blank Sheet

Muggers and Christmas Hair

Image

Something was fishy here and it wasn’t just because we were right beside the ocean either. Jimmy was up to something and that something had me on edge. For all I knew he could be a serial killer that just goes around picking up girls like me and rape them and kill them then have sex with them after he kills them! How the hell do I even know that his name is Jimmy? He could have had plastic surgery to look like that guy from that band! I saw it on CSI: New York! It can be done!

“Um, not really,” I said as I continued to follow, seeing the empty darkening beach getting closer. “How did you know I didn’t live here?” I asked finally finding the courage to ask.

“Because since when did A.R. Hawkins live in Huntington Beach?” He snorted. CRAZY FAN! CRAZY FAN! The bells and ringers and sirens all went off in my head at once and just for kickers Mot ran around a bit with a horn with a cackle. Douche bag. This whole situation had ‘Misery’ written all over it.

“How do you know I’m A.R. Hawkins?” I grunted, trying to stop but Jimmy just kept on going.

“I saw what you were writing back at the restaurant,” he said finally stopping to turn an look at me with a grin still plastered to his face.

“How? You couldn’t have unless-OH!” I cried in frustration. “You were spying on me!” I huffed smacking him on the arm.

“Yes, yes I was. It’s not every day that you meet one of your favorite authors,” he cackled, not even flinching at my miserable attempts at maiming him.

“Oh really?” I mocked him.

“Yes really,” he grinned.

“God you are just like-” I caught myself before I actually said Mot’s name. Though the little rotten bastard was cackling in my head.

“I’m just like who?” Jimmy asked egging me on.

“You’re just like blah!” I spat out, making a face. I had just pulled that out of my ass.

“I get that a lot,” he nodded as he hooked our arms again.

“Fine you know who I am, then who are you, hmm? Mister drummer boy?” I said fixing him with a look.

“Oh so you figured it out huh?” He chuckled.

“I saw you on TV and started screaming at it like an insane person.. My neighbor was quite perplexed,” I sighed.

“Aw, I feel so. . . Appreciated. Screaming at the TV for lowly ol’ me,” he cooed.

“Yeah yeah,” I sighed as we continued walking.

“So you never did answer my question as to why you were out here instead of back in the middle of a giant ice storm,” Jimmy said as we slowed our pace down to a mere walk.

“Stop stalking me!” I cried smacking him again, getting aggravated. Some might find it flattering, others endearing, me. . . I find it just plain creepy.

“I’m not stalking you!” He cackled again. What is it with him and that laugh? It’s like it’s mandatory. Defiantly adds to the creepy factor. “I’m merely observant. The back of your books say in the little snippet about the author that you like in Missouri and I happened to scan the weather channel and low and behold you have yourself a bonafied ice storm that would rival Stephen King’s Storm of the Century.”

“Yeah that’s been happening very frequently over the past few years. Thought maybe sunny California would better to write a book than shivering in my apartment back home,” I explained.

“Aw, no one to cuddle with?” He cooed as he started to add a sway to our step. He’s on crack, all rock stars are, that’s the only explanation for it. . . At least I hoped it was.

“No not really, unless you count my stuffed penguins,” I said as I stumbled a bit, his height not helping with the swaying and this was getting ridiculous. “So are you just-”

“Shh!” He said slapping a hand over my mouth. “You hear that?“ I was about the bite down on his hand when I actually heard something. Rustling in the bushes. Was there something really worse than Jimmy in those shrubbery?

“Well hello there little pieces of deliciousness,” a smooth voice seeped from the bushes as ‘Ollie’, the man with the monster tattoos from yesterday, came out of the bushes. What unnerved me even more was that Jimmy stiffened. What the hell was going? I thought they knew each other!

“We’re just walking by dude, we don’t want any trouble,” Jimmy said stepping around to get between me and the other man. That fish smell I was talking about earlier? Yeah it’s back and has an inkling of squid with it.

“Good, then hand over your money and wallets,” ‘Ollie’ said as he flicked out a knife. Terror or fear didn’t even register with my mind. The ‘knife’ looked like a plastic play thing your little brother plays with when he goes camping in the backyard.

“You’re friends are on crack, you all are,” I said giving them both strange looks.

“What? I’ve never met this chump before,” Jimmy said as the other shifted a bit.

“I saw you hanging out with him and Johnny yesterday!?” I cried. “Ok you know what, this is just a bit much for my little head, so I’m just gonna go. It was nice meeting you Jimmy and you whoever you are, but I’m gonna go back to my place and eat a frozen pizza.”

“Dude! I told you she would find out,” the mugger said tossing the plastic toy into the bushes.

“Well she wouldn’t have if you had used a real knife and not a butter knife, BRIAN,” Jimmy said, jabbing the other in the ribs before turning back to me.

“I’m leaving now,” I said shaking my head.

“Al,” Jimmy pouted as he pushed Brian, finally his real name, back into the bushes causing the other man to screech in protest.

“There’s thorns in here!”

“I’ve met some odd people, some real psychos over the years, I’ve even dated one or two of them, but YOU take the cake,” I laughed shaking my head.

“I’ll take that as a compliment,” he grinned as he started to follow me like a lost puppy when I went to walk away.

“Take it how you like, but this is the last time I’m talking to you,” I sighed. I could just see Connie and Mot shaking their heads at me.

Giving up so easily, tsk tsk,’ Mot would sigh.

“Are you sure about that?” He asked as he fell in step beside me. “How about some food? I mean some place that’s not frozen pizza? My treat to make up for the lame attempts at being a hero in front of you.” Now watch as if by magic, the disdain and annoyance turns into embarrassment at the compliment!

“Fine,” I sighed giving in. Maybe it won’t be so bad as I think it might bed. That or I’ll end up bits and pieces at the bottom of his basement. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

“Cool, I know just the perfect place!” Jimmy beamed as we went back to the lit street and moseyed on down the way. God, I feel bad for what I put Connie through now with Mot.

Payback’s a bitch ain’t it?\’ I could just hear her snicker.

Shut up.’ Damn voices.