Status: Complete!

Blank Sheet

Dancing with myself? More like WWE with myself.

Image

“Voila!” Jimmy grinned as he waved his hand as if making the restaurant magically appear. It was fairly nice, a bit of a dive, but nice. I instantly fell in love with it. Just the familiarity of it seemed to make me just want to take a booth, kick back with a beer, and listen to a live band.

“Wow,” I smiled softly as he led me in to a booth that had seen better days, but that was the price of ambiance, right?

“Thought you might like it,” he grinned as we were immediately waited on. Both of us getting a beer from the bottle. The whole place just made me want to sit back and just chill. It was like being at home or at Mot’s favorite bar in L.A. Shaking the feeling of familiarity off, I looked over at Jimmy who’d made himself at home. He had his long legs laid out on the booth with his back to the wall sipping his beer. This was the calmest I’d ever seen him. Wow.

“So Jimmy, you know so much about me, why don’t you tell me something about yourself?” I said mirroring his position as we looked through the menu.

“Oh where to begin, where to begin?” He mused as he scanned the menu. Burgers, tacos, wings. . . This place nearly had it all, weird.

“How about the beginning?” I suggested sipping my beer.

“Four score and seven years ago-”

“Not that far back,” I rolled my eyes at him, the alcohol slowly making me relax more as our appetizer showed up. Mmm chips and salsa!

“I grew up here, got famous playing the drums, and I’m living my dream,” he said popping a chip into his mouth.

“Shot and sweet,” I said as a smile started to form on my face. Holy crap we were getting along and there hadn’t been any strange occurrences or comments yet! This must be a record for him.

“The complete opposite of what I’m like in bed. Long and sloppy!” I stand corrected. “You know what you need Al?” He asked as he popped a chip into his mouth.

“I’m afraid to ask,” I snorted.

“You need to learn no fear,” he said as if it was the most brilliant idea since Guinness in a bottle.

“What makes you say that?”

“Because I saw the way you acted to everything my friends and I have said and done. You don’t go out very much. You keep to yourself and you’re a complete book worm. All the friends that know you the best are in your head or on paper,” Jimmy explained in a sage like voice. It bothered me that he could read so deep into only meeting me twice before and having maybe five minutes of conversation both times.

“What makes you say that?” I challenged, knowing it was all true.

“Nothing, just pulling shit out of my ass is all. See your reaction and go from there,” he cackled.

“You’re just a nuclear spazz attack waiting to happen aren’t you?” I snorted.

“Pretty much,” he nodded. “Do you like walks?”

“Yeah, I usually take one everyday,” I said as I felt the spidey sense tingling. “You’ve been watching me a lot longer than yesterday haven’t you?” This was getting ridiculous and slightly scary.

“Maybe?” He grinned sheepishly. “Well I saw you last week taking a walk down the beach and decided ‘Hey there’s a cute girl, why not talk to her?’ When I tried to you were already gone. Then I saw you at the restaurant and found out you had turned into a regular.”

“You’ve been stalking me for a week?” I gave him another look. Mot had done the same to Connie for a few days before they officially met. Which was an awkward meeting none the less. I mean someone who just out of the blue asks you to play the part of their girlfriend, who so happens to be in one of your favorite 80’s band. It could get sticky real easily. It was starting to get annoying how in such a short time that suddenly my world and my books were starting to slowly blur together.

“Not really stalking because I only saw you those two times before making an appearance yesterday,” Jimmy said as if I wasn’t mulling over the possibility of him being a sex fiend.

Maybe there’s someone out there for you yet,’ I could just hear Mot snicker.

I swear to God I’m going to give you herpes from a native hooker if you aren’t careful,’ I mentally threatened as my character just kept laughing his ass off.

You just can’t take a compliment can you? This guy’s practically bending over backwards trying to get to know you and be with you, but you’re all hung up on him being someone you thought couldn’t exist. Someone that you could actually fall-

“Oh shove it,” I grumbled under my breath.

“What did your lovely lips utter?” Jimmy grinned at me as he sipped his beer.

“Nothing,” I said looking back over at him as he stared at me with those blue eyes, a sparkle of amusement in them no doubt as he shifted around to sit facing me. “What?” I asked as he just propped his elbows on the table, resting his face in his hands and staring at me.

“Nothing, I just like looking at you is all,” he grinned.

“That’s not unsettling at all,” I said staring back at him.

Shooting down comments again? My my Ali, we’re gonna have to work on you,’ Connie would giggle. ‘You need to loosen up a bit more. He’s trying to tell you that you look pretty and you treat him like crap.

Look into his eyes and tell him that you love him!’ Mot would say with an Italian accent, because he watched Little Mermaid waaaaaay too much. ‘Hey! I love a good romance of the clutzes!

That and she’s naked!’ Connie would add. Those two, I swear.

You love us! Otherwise you wouldn’t have let us stay around for so long. Now would you please just hold his hand now?’ Mot would sigh, pointing to Jimmy’s hands that there now on the table picking at a napkin while I stare at him off arguing with my characters. ‘Do it!’ He would huff and if he physically could, push my hand into Jimmy’s.

Before I even knew what my limbs were doing, I was holding his hand. A faint blush came across my cheeks as his grin widened and I tried not to act like a crazy lady, screaming at the voices in my head.

Score one for the Mot-ster!’ Mot would laugh before downing a beer and getting on the bar and doing a victory dance. Connie would just sit there quietly sipping her beer before Mot would inevitably pull her up there. Maybe I am like Connie too much. . .

“So are we gonna talk or play the staring contest all night?” Jimmy asked as he rubbed his thumb over my hand. It was surprisingly smooth for a drummer’s hand. I’d met and had friends who were drummers and their hands were always callously to the point where it was really gross. He must use lotion.

“I guess we could talk, sorry,” I cleared my throat as he chuckled. He must think I’m a total ditz right now. Well I was talking to make believe characters while we were gazing into each other’s eyes, whoa there Nelly! He had gotten pretty close to my face when I came back down to earth.

Go on and kiss dey gir!’ Mot would sing.

A-woah woah!’ Connie would add.

“You have pretty eyes,” Jimmy smirked as I was brought back again. Those two were gonna get me into a lot of trouble.

“You too,” I replied nervously, swallowing a lump as I actually could see the small flecks of color in his eyes and smell the beer on his breath and see how- “Wow there’s our food!” I cried pulling back as our orders came. Saved by the waitress.

Damn you evil bitch eel thingy!’ Mot would yell, shaking his fist at her.

It’s ok Mot,’ Connie would say patting her hand on his thigh. ‘We’ll get her to kiss him later. We just have to strategize better.

Oh boy.

“Mmmm, fajitas!” Jimmy grinned as we got down to business of eating. My burger was pretty good, one of the best I’ve had in a restaurant actually. I could feel Mot and Connie pacing around my head as they continued to connive and scheme. “So any new plots for the infamous duo?” Jimmy’s words bringing me out of my daze as I held a fry half way to my mouth.

“Excuse me?” I blinked, getting tugged back to earth.

“What’s the story line for your new book or are you keeping it under wraps?” He grinned as he loaded up another tortilla.

“Oh,” I said popping the fry into my mouth finally. “It’s set in Brazil and it has thieves and natives in it.” I never did talk about my books usually with anyone. No one I met really wanted to know, they just wanted my autograph then moved out. Their fifteen minutes of fame. Of course there were a few interviews for newspapers at my home town, but that quickly faded.

“During carnival?” He grinned. I hadn’t thought of that.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Can we be there during carnival!?’ Mot would plead on his knees while Connie would sigh and roll her eyes at him.

Great, another drunken escapade that ends with him half naked and me in an awkward situation trying to get him out of jail,’ she would sigh.

I could always have Murphy come help you out. Let him be a good guy kind of, maybe your love interest,’ I would say to get her to go along.

Yeah, but why worry about my love life when your’s is currently playing footsy with you like a 15 year old?’ She would counter. Well shit, he is playing footsy with me. My natural reaction was to blush more, return the foot groping, and giggle like a little school girl. Now did that happen? NO!

I yelped at the sudden contact, then I flailed a bit as I jumped in my seat, knocking over his beer into his lap, then I went and did the embarrassing thing of trying to get a towel and dry him off. Of course this ended with me wiping his crotch and getting a mischievous grin out of him.

Wow. . . I couldn’t have planned it better myself,’ Mot chuckled in my head.

“Here, let’s just get this to go and we can go back to my place and wash your pants,” I suggested. It seemed innocent enough at the time, that is before I actually said it. Pushing past the deep crimson red that my cheeks had turned, I got to go boxes and Jimmy got the check. Go team!

“So this was a fun night,” Jimmy cackled as we got to my place and I let us in. Quickly putting the food in the sparsely filled fridge, I directed him to the little laundry room I had.

“Ok, take your pants off,” I said holding my breath, waiting for a retort on him end.

“Yes ma’am,” he grinned as he easily slipped out of his long jeans. Thank God he was wearing underwear. I would have had a mental break down there. Throwing them in the short cycle, I shrugged off my small jacket and led him back to the living room.

“Ok, so I don’t really have any clothes that’ll fit you so, you’re kind of gonna have to either stay here till your pants are dry or walk home half naked,” I said looking up at him. Yes, it was kind of awkward standing there with a strange man half naked in my living room.

“I think I’ll hang out a bit,” he said. Oh brother, what am I suppose to do now? “Wanna watch a movie while we wait?” I asked as I went over to a small stack of movies that were my favorites that I just couldn’t live without.

“Sure, what do you have?” Jimmy asked as he came over and stood over my shoulder looking at the movies as I sorted through them. It was kind of nerve wracking when a half naked man that has made no qualms about stripping the rest of the way is standing right behind you.

“I, um, I have a few actions movies, a few scary ones, mostly action movies actually,” I said looking through them. I wasn’t a big chick flick person. It always made me want to puke when the cliché pairing got together. The good girl and the bad boy or the good boy and the bad girl. There was nothing appealing about a fairy tail ending. I wanted blood, carnage, humor. Something that seems more real than freaking Cinderella.

“How about this one?” Jimmy asked bouncing on his bare feet. I looked at the movie, great. This was going to end in horror. I didn’t even realize I had brought that movie with me!

“Sure,” I said shrugging as him easily talk me into it.

“It’s ok, I’ll keep you safe,” he threw a wink at me. “Nothing gets past Super Jimmy.” Oh be still my beating heart. Suppressing an eye roll, I went over and put the movie in and pressing play as the starting credits of The Number 23 came onto the screen. Jimmy had made himself at home on the couch, one arm on the arm rest, the other across the back of the couch, his long legs propped up on the coffee table and crossed at the ankle. I was half surprised that he didn’t stick his hand down his boxers. Plus one for him then. Kicking off my shoes and taking my wallet out and putting it on the coffee table as well, I sat next to him.

Not nearly as close as he probably wanted, but there was a few inches between our hips and legs that it wasn’t a total cuddle session. I mean, I barely know that guy, but in today’s society I should be jumping his bones right now in the restroom of the restaurant we were at. We got a bit into the movie before I heard the washer go off after the last spin cycle. I excused myself and went to go throw his pants into the dryer before coming back and not finding him on the couch.

Oh shit. . . “Hey.”

“Ah!” I screamed when he walked up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. “Stop that!” I seethed.

“Stop what?” He blinked. This is worse than keeping a pet dog.

“Stop doing your sneaky ninja thingy, whatever the hell it is that you do,” I sighed.

“Ok,” he grinned. “Where’s you toilet?”

“First room on your right,” I said pointing the way. With a salute he was off. Shaking my head I reached over and paused the movie for him. I’d seen it enough times that I knew what was going to happen, but the dramatic parts still freaked the hell out of me.

Sitting back down in my seat before, I waited till he came back to original position and started the movie again. I glanced at the clock and saw that I was nearly ten. Still kind of early for the usual hours that I kept, but I had put a lot of physical effort into that night, so it was slowly taking it’s toll on me. My eyes started to droop a bit along with my head. I felt a warm weight on my shoulders as I was pulled to the side to more warmth. It felt nice as I slowly drifted off to an actual night of sleep.

About nine the next morning that I woke up in my own bed. Grunting and groaning softly, I looked around a bit confused on how I got there. I remembered that Jimmy had been over and we were watching a movie while his pants dried. . . Looking around I didn’t see any sign of him that told me he was here in my room. Rolling out of bed I realized that I was also still fully clothed. Which I took as a good sign before I stepped outside.

“Jimmy?” I called softly as I yawned and stretched. No answer. Maybe he had gone home? Going to the living room, I found everything in order, nothing missing. At least he didn’t rob me. I went to the laundry room and found his pants gone. He must have tucked me in after I fell asleep next to him and then left. A small smile played on my lips as I went to see if he left a note with his number or maybe something about a second date.

Searching high and low, I found nothing. The smile quickly faded when all signs of Jimmy pointed to he was never there.

Did I make up the whole night last night? I mean the waitress gave him an order and I saw his friends. . .

Oh sweet hear you did nothing of the sort,’ I heard the distinct chuckle of a certain rocker in his early fifties.

“Mot,” I hissed.

Hey there, rise and shine sleeping beauty, it is a glorious day in the house of Owen! The man chuckled as I could just see him reclined back in his underwear on my couch.

“Mot, why are you in your underwear?” I sighed as I went to the kitchen to get something to eat. Looking into the fridge, I found the left overs in the take out boxes.

Now what, my dear creator, does that look like?’ Mot would ask appearing behind me and peer over my shoulder.

“That would be a time for when I should be at the restaurant,” I said looking at the top of my box.

Meet me at our usual spot. Noon.

I’d hurry up if I were you, you’re gonna be late,’ a small chuckle and I was alone with my own thoughts. So I was only half mental with two imaginary people leading me around on a wild goose chase. Up side, Jimmy was real and I’d get to see him again.

“See you soon Super Jimmy.”

**********

Thank you so much for the comments! Oh! Mot and Connie will be making more and more appearences as well. >8D

Aightball
Nikki Sixx The author, not the acutall MC bassist, pfft! I wish!
WiccaKitty05