Status: Complete!

Blank Sheet

Chapter 10

Image

Finally rolling out of bed and the wad of blankets that had looked better in the dark, it had a multitude of stains on it and I was the first to point it out, causing the pair of men to laugh, saying they’d dealt with worse while on tour. I wasn’t about to question them. Getting dressed and rounded up we went out for breakfast. There was a near by diner that was open 24 hours so it seemed a good place to stop. We actually sat correctly in the car this time, me in the back with the boys up front.

As soon as we got out in the diner’s parking lot, Jimmy’s arm snaked around my side and pulled me close. I just smiled softly and wrapped my arm around his waist. The height difference was slightly amusing as I was almost a foot shorter than he was. Getting a booth, Johnny and Jimmy sat across from me as we looked at the menus, trying to figure out what to order. Though food at this point was the last thing that was on my mind as I tried to figure out our next move, whether Jimmy had the money yet, how long Johnny would be around, what’s gonna happen with my book-

“Hey there, you keep your face like that’s it’s gonna get stuck,” Johnny poked at me, making me look over from the window to find the two of us alone. “Jimmy went to the piss pot,” he said at my questioning gaze.

“Oh ok,” I nodded as our food came. My four piece French toast with hash browns, two eggs, two sausage links, three strips of bacon, and two pieces of toast with a large glass of orange juice. Johnny stared from his meager plate of pancakes and sausage to my large platter to Jimmy’s fairly full plate of an omelet, toast, and bacon.

“Eat much?” He finally snorted as I dug in.

“I’m from Missouri, the girls actually eat out there,” I gave him a look back.

“Well at least Jimmy picked a girl who can hold her own,” he chuckled as he went on to his food.

“I do try.” I giggled easily eating half of my plate before Jimmy got back. must have had to really go.

“Ok, I just called Brian and he says my house is clear so we can go back there if we want,” he said as he tucked into his food.

“Will we be safe there?” I asked taking a bite of hash browns.

“Yeah, Brian gave the all clear,” Jimmy nodded smiling at me. “Don’t worry your pretty little head, Jimmy has everything covered.” Something was still bugging me though. This whole thing was like a big movie. It was all thought out and planned. That is, it seemed like it was to me. Of course I’m a writer and I have odd ways of going about things, but this. . . I don’t know. Something was up, that wasn’t lost on me, but what it was, I just wasn’t really sure.

“ok,” I merely nodded as I finished my food and Johnny excused himself to the toilet.

“What’cha thinking about bright eyes?” Jimmy asked moving to sit next to me after he finished his meal as well.

“Just stuff, life, books, lines. . . You know the usual,” I said, not even questioning the nick name. Hell he’d called me so many it wasn’t even weird anymore, just the norm for us.

Us.

My thoughts went even deeper and drifted more with that mere thought. Would there even be an us after this? I had to go back to work on my book and Jimmy had his band, hell if I knew what he was doing with them now though. I would have to go back to Missouri eventually and that left what her and Jimmy were.

You really shouldn’t think too much. I heard that causes brain cancer.’ Of course Mot would say that. ‘You should move to Cali, that way you two can be all lovey dovey and shit and like have hot sex and shit.

Well said Mot, well said,’ Connie sighed. ‘I say get yourself out of this pickle first before you go wondering about anything else. Besides remember that large ass ice storm is still raging on in Missouri so you might as well get comfortable and hope for the best.

Great, getting life advice from make believe characters. I’m a nutter butter.

“Yeah I do know that,” Jimmy nodded as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I couldn’t help but lean back against him. This guy was completely out of his mind and I was loving absolutely every minute that I spend with him. What was wrong with my sorry ass?

“You guys ready to go?” Johnny asked as he came back out. We nodded, paying the bill and leaving a tip before getting up and leaving. It was a fairly uneventful car ride to say the least. The boys joked around while I sat in the back still in thought. We pulled up to Jimmy’s house where Johnny said his good-bye and went on his way. That left me with Jimmy alone, again.

“I feel so grungy,” I finally said making a face as I set my bag down by the couch.

“I have a shower if you wanna use it,” he laughed.

“Yeah, but I don’t have any clothes to change into,” I said. Jimmy merely grinned and bounced up stairs. I was half expecting him to come back with clothes that were my size or even my own. It did surprise me when he came back with a pair of black jeans, dark green boxers, and a purple shirt that seemed to be his.

“Can’t say I have bras randomly lying around the could possibly fit you, but here’s what I do have,” he grinned as he handed them to me.

“Thanks,” I laughed shaking my head. “The shower?”

“Second floor, third door on your left,” he said pointing. I nodded and hopped up the stairs before going in the room as directed. Closing and locking the door behind me, I set the clean clothes on the toilet and turned the water on to a decent temperature before stripping and stepping in. That stream of water never felt so good as it did after several days without a shower. I loved taking showers to start my day, it was just part of my routine.

Now that I was out of it, I was trying to cope without this little necessity of mine. All there was in there, cleaning wise was boy smelling soaps and shampoos. So I would be a boy for the day, well almost. Washing my hair and my body, I actually found a razor that hadn’t been used and got down to business. I hate that stubble that comes up on your armpits after just a day and it’s all prickly and gross. That was quickly taken care of along with the cactus legs I had grown. Eck. . .

Hopefully Jimmy didn’t mind how long it took me, I mean, seriously, I haven’t had a shower in a while. Though he hadn’t either. . . He’s a boy though, he’s suppose to smell funny. Finishing up, I stepped out of the shower and quickly dried off and got dressed. The outfit he gave me was a bi ridiculous. I mean the shirt nearly went to my thighs and the jeans. . . I felt like I was a five year old dressing in my big brother’s clothes.

Rolling the boxers to where they were more like underwear instead of shorts on me, I pulled on the jeans and rolled up the cuffs of them, like four times till I could see my feet. The shirt I just left alone. The whole outfit sat strange on me. Probably because of my obvious curves compared to Jimmy’s obvious lack of curves. Grabbing a brush, I ran it through my hair and got the tangles and knots out before putting it up in it’s usual pony tail. I didn’t feel like fighting with the ‘kraken’ as my friends call it.

So I shed, A LOT. My hair gets all over the place to the point where my friend found a small little tumble weed like thing in her pool the day after I swam in it while she was cleaning it. It’s not that I don’t brush my hair, I just have A LOT of hair. “How do the clothes fit you princess?” I heard Jimmy ask through the door.

“A bit awkward, but they fit,” I called back. I hadn’t always been that skinny either. At my top weight, I was TWO HUNDRED POUNDS. Then I stopped drinking soda, eating out, started running my ass off and working out in my living room and I got back down to my high school weight and more ghetto booty! Of course this took me four years, but hey, I did it at least.

“Awesome possum!” He chirped as I opened the door to find him grinning down at me in a new set of clothes.

“Did you take a shower?” I asked quirking an eyebrow.

“Yep! Grabbed my soaps and went out to the pool! Good thing I know people to call in case that turns for the worse,” he chuckled as we walked back down the stairs.

“You actually took a bath in your pool?” I asked in disbelief.

“Well, you had the only shower going and I was too impatient to wait on you so I just picked up some soap and went outside. You smell a lot like me now,” Jimmy grinned as he leaned over and sniffed my hair and neck.

“Well gee I wonder why,” I giggled as I playfully nudged him.

“Mmm, boys,” he cackled as he flopped onto the couch, grabbing the remote from the table and flipping the TV on. Shaking my head, I picked up my lap top and got to work. My fingers flew over the keys as the words came easily to me. I pretty much handed Connie into the clutches of Murphy, Ollie, and Harley while Mot lay at the hotel passed out drunk. A smaller darker theme that had popped up at the beginning of the book for this time around would be Connie addressing the mass consumption of alcohol on Mot’s part for most of the time they’re awake. This little fiasco that Connie’s in would only further that cause and make quite the canyon between the two.

So involved in my writing that I never noticed that Jimmy was watching me intently. Everything outside my writing had become unimportant and getting caught up was my main and only focus for that time. I didn’t even notice my bladder was screaming at me to relieve it till I was nearly done with ten pages in just a few hours. That my friend’s is an accomplishment that not many can claim to and usually they’re lying when they do.

Taking a quick break, I set my laptop aside to stretch and take a quick bathroom break. That taken care of I just then noticed it was the late afternoon. Whoa, that was quick. Shaking my head I went back to work. Food and drink needed not, not because I wasn’t hungry or thirsty, but because I was on a mission to finish that damn chapter if it killed me. Just a few more pages and I could successfully say that I had completed the tenth chapter of my book and say I’m an nearly finished with the first draft before I sent it off to a friend to read who will send it back with corrections and questions and such. I address those then I send it off to the editor to see what he says, correct some more, send it back, possibly correct some more then off to printers! That ladies and gentlemen is how you write a book.

Thank God I had that down otherwise I’d never get anything done. Before I could start on the last few pages, I was halted by the fact that I suddenly found myself alone. Where’d Jimmy go? Great, now not only did I have to be on the look out for people trying to kill us or break our legs, but be looking for Jimmy who had a bad habit of jumping out and scaring the living shit out of me. Hopefully though it wouldn’t happen this time around. . . Hopefully. “Jimmy?” I called out, looking around the barren living room. Saving my document and shutting my laptop off then putting it up, I started to look around the suddenly dark house that was getting darker by the minute. Good thing about Day Lights Savings time is that you get to sleep longer, bad part is that the days are shorter and get darker faster. So at five o clock in the evening it was nearly pitch dark outside. Just perfect! “Jimmy where are you seriously?” I huffed as I started my search of the house.

Turning on nearly all the lights in the house, I searched from room to room still finding no Jimmy. What the hell? It wasn’t like he just disappeared or something. He couldn’t leave, his car’s not here. So where was that tall, gangly man that seemed to slowly be making me fall for him. Wait a minute, let’s just slow up there and back it up. Falling for him?

See, told you,’ Mot smirked as Connie rolled her eyes. ‘You’re about one step away from falling head over heels for Stretch and there’s no way you can deny that.

But I barely even know him. Yeah he’s cute, funny, a goofball, and a rock star, but-’ I tried to argue with him as I went back to the living room.

But nothing mon cher. You like him, you want him, you most defiantly need him.

Since when did I need him or want him or anything? I’m just fine by myself. He’s weird! He-he has bad decision making skills! He baths in his pool! There are so many reasons why I shouldn’t be with him that they out number the reasons why I should be with him. Wait, there aren’t even any! I barely know him! I shouldn’t have feelings for him one way or the other! Why are you doing this to me!?

Because sweetie, whether you disagree with us or not, you’re still arguing with yourself. Everything that I’m saying is what you’re thinking and feeling. Remember, I’m on the inside of your head and not real. You made me and gave me everything I need and know.’ I hate it when my mind’s right.

“Jimmy?” I tried calling again as I went to the bedroom. There he was. Laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling, I stopped in the door way and watching him for a moment.

“You can come in,” he chuckled, not taking his eyes off the ceiling. Wonder what he was thinking about? Walking in, I laid down on the bed next to him. Not close enough to insinuate anything, just try and see what he was looking for. “How’s the chapter coming?” He asked after a moment of silence. Jimmy was so unpredictable. One second he’d be bouncing off the walls, the next. . . Laying on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

“It’s coming. A few more pages and it’ll be done possibly. I could be done right now, now that I think about it,” I answered.

“Then you’re done with the chapter,” Jimmy said as if what he says would make it so.

“Why do you say that?” My automatic stubbornness showing up.

“Because if you weren’t, you’d be working on it and not up here with me,” he smiled, turning to look at me.

“Oh yeah?” I smiled back turning to look back at him.

“Yeah,” he said rolling over to brace himself above me. Ok, this was getting a bit. . . Well I’m not sure what was going on, but that smile and glint in his eyes made my heart just start pounding. Since when did Jimmy make my heart pound and it wasn’t when we were running for our lives. My hands wrapped around his wrists as I looked up at him as he slowly got lower and lower. I could smell his breath, hell I could practically taste it! His lips hovered above mine for a moment as if we were both waiting for the other to make a move. Those two pink lips finally parted a millimeter before pressing against mine. Jimmy tasted good.

A soft breath escaped my nose as we inched our way further with the kissing. My lips parted and took his in as we tasted each other, cautiously testing the waters. This is insane. I shouldn’t be making out with him, I should be back at my place taking a long hot shower then getting ready to draw some comics! Not making out with him in his house, in his clothes, on his bed.

Of course while I was thinking this, all hell broke loose and we were suddenly not just making out, but rolling around. His hips between my legs with them wrapped around Jimmy and my hands in his hair with his on my ass. A small groan even came from his now plump lips as I sucked on the bottom one. Too fast, WAY too fast. Pulling away from Jimmy, we both stared at each other panting slightly.

“Too fast,” I breathed, brushing his bangs out of his face and behind his ears.

“Ok,” he nodded as he kissed me softly on the lips several more times as we untangled ourselves.

“Ok,” I nodded back as I slid off to the side. We kept kissing though, just little pecks. Even though it was too fast for me, God I just couldn’t get enough of him. His smell, his taste, the feel of his body against mine. Thank God I’ve got some self control.

“You hungry?” He asked as we finally stopped so we could breath. Merely keeping our foreheads touching was enough for now.

“Yeah I could eat,” I said.

“Food’s in the kitchen.”

“Yeah. . . We better go down there.” Swallowing, I got up with him as we made our way down stairs. Slowly. We couldn’t stop touching each other. It was so delicious. Even when we were in the kitchen, looking for food, we couldn’t stop touching or kissing.

You’re acting like a couple a wild cats,’ Mot snickered in the back of my head.

Busy, talk later,’ I thought as I pushed him aside from my mind as me and Jimmy skipped the food and ended up on the couch, making out.

That a girl,’ Connie giggled as she left as well.

****

Well, aren’t I a shit head? I promised to update if I got more comments and I didn’t! -slaps self- Bad Demi! Welp, here you are though with more juiciness on the way! Tally ho!