From Beginning to End

Prologue

Minette stared into Jason's big blue eyes, as they sat in the living room of his house, playing with his set of wooden blocks. She was five years old, and she already knew who she wanted to marry someday. Jason, however saw her a bit differently.
She was pretty, but he was only 7 and had plenty of time to worry about love and marriage later. For now, he had a plan to build a bigger and better tower than her.
As soon as Minette saw that he was building something, she immediately asked if she could help. Of course, he wasn't about to let a girl help him.

"No! You're a girl. I don't need your help!" He said, turning his back on her. Minette sighed and got up from the floor. If he didn't want her help, she didn't want to give it! She strolled into the small kitchen, where Hailey, Jason's mother sat reading a cook book.

"Can I get you anything?" She asked sweetly, looking down at Minette as a smile spread across her lips.

"Can I have a pea-ut butter and jewwy, samwich?" She asked, looking up adoringly at Hailey.

"Of course you can baby girl." Said his Mom, as she turned around and began to pull the ingredients from her cabinets and fridge.

As soon as Jason heard 'peanut butter and jelly' he came running into the kitchen.
"Mommy, Mommy! Can I have one too?!" He shouted, jumping up and down obnoxiously. Within seconds, Minette screamed, and fell to the floor beginning to cry as she held her foot in her hands.

Jason stood perplexed, as his Mother rushed over to Minette.

"Sweetheart, what happened?" Asked his mother.

"He stepped on my foot!" She whaled. Jason looked horrified, as she pointed to him.

"I didn't mean to!" He said, running over to her. He placed a hand on her foot, and looked into her eyes as he spoke. "I'm really sorry Minette. Are you okay?" He asked quietly.

Minette's tears ceased, and she nodded, throwing her arms around his neck, as a smile darted across her mouth.

"It's okay, I forgive you." She whispered in his ear, the grin still plastered to her small, pink lips.

And from that moment on, they were never without each other. And from the moment she had forgiven him, he felt protective over her, and would let nothing bad, ever happen to her.

xxx

10 years later

xxx

"Jason look out!" Minette shouted, clasping her hands over her mouth, watching in horror as the football flew into the back of his head, knocking him to the ground. She ran over to him, kneeling on the wet grass as she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh my god, Jason, are you okay?" Minette's asked, a note of concern in her trembling voice. For a few seconds he said nothing, worrying Minette all the more, until he burst into a fit of laughter, which startled Minette, and caused her to fall backwards into the dew laden grass.

"Jason! That's not funny!" She said, standing up as she glared down at him, rubbing at her rear end, making sure she hadn't completely soaked her .

"Oh c'mon, it was a little bit funny!" He retorted, getting up to stand along side her, as he placed a hand around her waist.

Minette shook him off, and turned away, so that her back was now facing him.

"You know, you might want to go inside and change. Your ass is completely soaked." He pointed out, shifting his weight onto his left foot.

She whirled around, making sure to stop inches away from his face.

"Why, may I ask, were you even looking there?" She inquired playfully, tilting her head to the side.

"I wasn't, actually.. It's just.. I.. um.. Well..." He stuttered. "I like the pink hearts.."

Minette stared at him for a moment, and then giggled quietly.

"Thank you." She said softly, smiling at him.

Jason, now feeling quite awkward, as she continued to giggle, smiled back. It was then, that he noticed something about her. She was in fact, beautiful. Although he hadn't noticed when they were little, he did now, and it was undeniable. Her shoulder length blonde hair, and her big blue eyes. She was gorgeous, and he found himself on several occasions afterwards, wanting to be more than what they were. More than friends.

"Ah! My ass is completely soaked. I've gotta get changed. Hold on, let me run inside and change really quick." Said Minnie, interrupting his train of thought.

As Minnie ran inside, she replayed what he had said, and how adorable it had sounded to her. Ever since they were little, playing with wooden blocks together, she had been attracted to him, but had never said anything about it. But they were both too shy to even think of telling each other how they really felt. So eventually, she gave up on ever becoming more than friends, and grew up, went to college, and got a job away from home.

But 10 years later, while on Christmas break, that would all change.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it isn't the best, but it's what I've got.
If you liked it, please leave me comments, and love.
I'll give a cookie to the first commenter.