A Greaser Love Story

And so it begins...

I was nine when we moved to the other side of town. My parents had just gotten divorced and I was glad to get away from those stupid rich people.

It hadn’t taken me long to see how different this side of town was. I used to be surrounded by big houses and fancy clothes. This place was small and looked a bit…run down. The houses were much smaller, and the people were dressed in shabby clothing. But I would not lie…I loved it.

My mom and I started bringing boxes into our new house, and as I was coming out to grab more, I saw a woman crossing the street with a smile on her face.

She walked up our driveway as my mother came out of the house. “Hello, my name is Julie Curtis. I live across the street with my husband and three boys.”

My mom smiled. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Mary Nichols and this is my daughter, Juliet.”

She smiled at me. “Hello Juliet. Hey how old are you?”

I smiled back. “Call my Grayson. It’s my middle name. I’m nine.”

She was about to speak again when a boy, probably her son, ran across the street. “Mom!”

He ran up and stopped when he saw us. His mom turned to him. “Sodapop Curtis! Can’t you see I am talking to our new neighbors?” She turned back. “I’m sorry this is my son, Sodapop.”

He smiled at me. “Yes that is really my name.”

I laughed. “Wow. Really? That’s so cool!”

“Hey do you want to come over for a while? My friend Steve is coming over. You can come hang out with us.” He asked.

“Steve’s coming over? Why am I just hearing about this?” Mrs. Curtis asked him.

He turned around to look at her. “Steve’s coming over.”

I laughed with him. Then I turned to my mom. “Can I go Mom? Please?”

She nodded and we ran across the street without looking. “Look where you’re going!” Both of our mothers yelled at the same time, but we weren’t listening.

It was right then that I knew my luck had just changed into something amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like this story. I got the idea on the way to the library with my friend Lily, while listening to "Love Story". I hope it is good! More soon!

Also, Johnny and Dally are still alive in this story.