A Greaser Love Story

The Loophole

Everyone was confused. Gary turned to his daughter. “You cannot chose that greaser. You have to chose someone here.”

She smiled. “But he is here Dad.”

Soda suddenly appeared on stage next to her. Her father was outraged. “I told you not to let a greaser in here!” He yelled at the man watching the door.

“I didn’t know. He isn’t dressed like one.” The man retorted.

“I told you to stay away from my daughter.” He growled at Soda, who pushed Grayson behind him.

“I don’t listen to a Soc. I love your daughter and I am not asking your permission to marry her. I am telling you that I am marrying her. Sorry.” He grabbed Grayson’s hand and they fled the place.

Gary went after them, but he was stopped by Mary. “Leave them alone, Gary! You can’t do this to her anymore!”

When Soda and Grayson got outside they ran for what looked like Dally driving Brittany’s car. “We cannot steal my sister’s car.”

“Yes you can.” Brittany said as she ran up behind them.

They all got into the car and Grayson turned to her sister. “What is going on?”

Brittany smiled. “Let’s just say that you’re not the only one who is dating a greaser around here.”

Grayson’s mouth fell. “Dally! You could have mentioned that earlier.”

He laughed. “Well you know now.”

When they got back to their hood, they realized how much trouble they were really in. The pulled up to Soda’s house and all of the lights were on. “Shit…Darry has to know by now that I snuck out.”

They all went inside and the room fell silent. By this time, Grayson’s hair was out of its bun and it curled down to her shoulders and beyond.

“Why does that happen every time I walk through the door?” Brit asked, referring to the silence.

Darry stared at Soda, whose hand was locked with Grayson’s. “Tell me you didn’t kidnap her.”

“I didn’t kidnap her. She ran with me. I had a plan.” Soda replied to his big brother.

“Oh yeah? How did you manage to get around her father? How did you convince her to leave and how did she get out of choosing someone?” He spat.

“I asked her to marry me.”

Darry stared at them. “You really did, didn’t you?”

They nodded. Grayson smiled. “I said yes.”

After a moment of silence, everyone cheered. Hugs were sent around and when Grayson got to Darry he hugged her tight. “I knew one day you’d be my little sister. I’m glad I was right.”