A Greaser Love Story

The Date and A Guest

Grayson rolled her eyes as the boy across from her shoveled food into his mouth. She had ordered a salad but wouldn’t have eaten it anyway-she wasn’t particularly hungry. Finally, Joey looked up at her and grinned.

“Why don’t we get out of here and take a walk? It is a really nice night.” He helped her up from the table.

As they left, she squirmed in her outfit. She hated how it felt to wear a skirt and a cotton top. She missed her leather jacket of Soda’s which was hidden deep in her bag at her dad’s house. She thought about what the guys would think if they could see her right now.

She looked up and saw Joey staring at her. They had walked a good distance now and he looked at her with concerned eyes.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

She nodded. “Just tired. I was helping my friends with something this morning and then came straight to my dad’s house.”

He nodded. “Sounds like a long day. I can’t wait for your party, you know. I hope that I am the lucky guy to be chosen by you.”

She sent a fake smile his way as they continued on their way home. Finally, they made their way up the driveway.

“Thank you for the meal.” Grayson said politely.

“Of course. Anything for a beautiful lady like yourself.” He kissed her hand.

If it had been Soda she would have blushed. But this connection almost made her gag. She went inside and went straight to her room. She changed her clothes immediately and climbed into her warm, comforting, yet frilly bed. No one bothered her, and she knew no one would.

A few hours later, really late into the night, Grayson woke up to a small thud on her balcony doors. It happened a few more times and she went out onto the balcony.

“Soda? What are you doing here? Do you know what time it is? Darry’s going to kill you!” She whispered loudly.

He climbed up the side of her wall and hoisted himself onto the balcony. “I knew you’d need someone to talk to. Darry will understand--he hates this situation anyway.”

They hugged and Soda noticed that she was slightly shivering from the breeze. He draped his jacket around her and she smiled.

“Thank you for this Soda. I did need to see you.” They kissed.

Suddenly, Grayson pulled away from him when she saw a shadow.

“Get away, from Juliet.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is for GreenDay.MajorFan who literally begged me to update. Thanks for the urge to write! ;)