A Greaser Love Story

The Realization and a Plan

Later that night, after Brittany had finally gone home with a good excuse to why she was so late, Grayson stayed with the gang.

“She is not as bad as you told us she was, Gray.” Darry said sitting in his chair.

She shrugged. “It came out of nowhere. Guys I think she feels trapped in her life. When I left with my mom I got out, but she is stuck there. She said she was willing to help us if we ever come up with a plan.”

They thought about it and finally Johnny spoke up. “We only have three days, guys.”

Grayson sighed. “I’m going to have to go through with it.” It was not a question.

Soda’s grip around Grayson’s tightened. “After the party we will think of a way to get you out of the engagement. I promise that nothing is going to break us apart.”

She nodded, however her mind was not on them or the guys…it was on her decision. She still had no idea what she was going to do but she could not let Soda get hurt in the process.

“You guys can’t come.” She whispered and they looked at her.

“What?”

“He won’t let you in and if you get caught there you are going to jail. I can’t let that happen.” She said staring at her hands.

“How are you going to do this?” Steve asked.

“I will have Brittany and my mom. But I will because I’ll know that you guys are safe. Stay on this side of town. Promise me.” She looked at all of them.

They nodded. “Okay.”

Then she looked at Darry. “You make them stay here. I know it’s hard…but you have to.”

He nodded and came to hug her. “I will. But you’ve got a promise to make too. You have to make sure you are okay. If anything happens that you don’t like, you high tail it out of there and have Brit or your mom bring you here.”

She nodded. “Promise. Thanks guys. This sucks but it has to happen like this.”

When she went home a little while later, her mom was sitting up waiting for her. “Hey baby.”

She smiled weakly. “Hey Mom.”

The woman opened her arms and Grayson curled up next to her on the couch. “Oh honey I know this is hard. It sucks, I know. We just have to get through the night and then I will personally figure something out to get you out of this. I won’t let anything or anybody hurt you.”

Grayson nodded and cried into her mom’s chest. They stayed like that for a while before falling asleep.

Over at the Curtis household, everyone had left or gone to sleep but two. Soda and Dally sat in the living room.

“Dal I need you’re help.” Soda pleaded.

He smiled. “You’re going to that party, aren’t you?”

Soda nodded. “But I need you to help me. I need some nice clothes to wear. I've finally thought of a plan, Dally."

Dally smiled. “I got it all covered, dude.”