Bittersweet Endings

Calm Down

I kept silent as we drove back to the hotel room. Jacoby was pissed and I didn't want to make it any worse.

I kept thinking back to the forest. It was clean, meaning they knew about Vipor. Never in my career had I found a scene that was clean. Blood was always splattered around leaving a trail of scents. Plus the throwing star. Someone was still there, waiting for us. I hadn't seen them, but Jacoby must have. If he hadn't it would have hit me.

I jerked forward as Jacoby slammed on the brakes. We were back at the hotel. The valet opened my door for me once again. By the time I was out Jacoby was already walking into the hotel.

"Thank you." I said giving the valet a tip.

I quickly walked into the hotel and to the elevator. It took a while, having already gone to the top floor with Jacoby.

"I hope he hasn't destroyed anything yet." I whispered to myself as the elevator doors opened again.

Our room door was wide open and I heard swear words coming from inside the room. I carefully entered the room shutting the door behind me, careful not to get hit in the head with one of the vases Jacoby was throwing.

"Jacoby please clam down." I said appearing next to him.

"No! I will not calm down! They knew or someone knew! How did they know?!" Jacoby shouted picking up the replacement remote that had arrived while we were gone.

"Jacoby I've seen you angry before but this is ridiculous." I whispered. He was actually starting to scare me.

He flipped over the coffee table sending it flying. The glass top shattered going everywhere. I whimpered quietly as he appeared on the other side of the room, trying to find something else to throw.

I was sure he heard me cause he stopped mid-step.

"I'll be in the bedroom when you finally calm down enough to see clearly." I said quietly walking out of the room.

I was barely in the bedroom when Jacoby brushed past me. He went straight into the bathroom. I knew he was going to take a shower or bath, they both helped him calm down a little. But I knew it wouldn't be enough to help.

While he was in the bathroom I changed into a comfortable pair of flare jeans and a red blouse. I sat on the bed, rubbing my feet. They didn't hurt or anything like that, it was just giving me something to do while waiting for Jacoby.

When he finally did step out he only had a towel wrapped around his waist and loosely. I couldn't help but stare at his abs. They had little water droplets rolling down towards the towel.

"Nicolette. I'm sorry." He muttered walking over.

"Put some pants on." I said with a small smile.

"You know you like it." He said grabbing a pair of his skinny jeans from his bag, plus boxers.

"Totally." I joked, even though it didn't sound like I was joking.

Jacoby came out seconds later wearing his jeans. I could slightly see his boxers peaking out from the top.

"Nic?"

"Yes Jacoby." I looked up at his face. I thought he was going to say something about me staring.

"Will you give me another backrub? Like last night." Jacoby was rubbing the back of his neck. I thought he looked cute, he was nervous.

I patted the spot on the bed next to me. Jacoby smiled before lying down on his stomach. I got up and walked over to my bag, earning a confused look from Jacoby.

I smiled and pulled out a bottle of lotion. Jacoby smiled slightly before burying his face in his pillow. I climbed back onto the bed with a smile. I straddled his hips again and went to work. Jacoby moaned out in pleasure as I began rubbing his back.

An hour later and half a bottle of lotion later I finished. Jacoby was half asleep and lazily looked up at me when I crawled off the bed.

"Done already?" He asked, words slurred slightly from how relaxed he was.

"Yep. We need to contact Dimitri and plus, my hands were going raw." I said walking into the bathroom for a towel. I wiped the excess lotion off my hands before getting my cell phone.

Jacoby hadn't moved. I wasn't sure if he was able too. I crawled up beside him and quickly found Dimitri's number. I made sure the phone was no speaker and waiting for him to pick up.

"Progress report?" Came Dimitri's voice a few seconds later.

"We found nothing. Just blood, not a lot of it either. The site was clean. Someone knows about us." I stated.

"That's not good. Definitely not good." Dimitri mumbled. "Are you sure there wasn't anything big there?"

"Positive. The amount of blood we found could have been easily mistaken for a hiker getting cut. But it was vampire, no doubt about it."

"Should we check again?" Jacoby asked, still sounding slightly drunk if that were possible.

Dimitri laughed. "Backrub?"

"Yep." Jacoby said proudly.

"Alright. Keep checking the area. Reports are still being filled. The French Police department have put out a warrant for this guy. Be careful, we don't want them mistaking you as the killer." With that Dimitri hung up.

"Why didn't you tell him about my break down?" Jacoby asked supporting himself on his elbows.

"He doesn't need to know. He'll just yell at you, and possibly call you back to base. I need you on this mission." I said.

My mind instantly went back to the forest. The throwing star. If not for Jacoby, I would be either in the hands of this mad man, or dead. I didn't like either option.

"Feeling better?" I asked seeing Jacoby's smile.

He nodded and smiled more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe
-Jessica