Bittersweet Endings

Cuddle Time

I woke up the next morning. A pair of arms tightly wrapped around my waist. I smiled as I remembered whose arms they were. Jacoby. He had admitted to liking me, something I had been scared to do for a while. I smiled.

I rolled over to face him. He was still out, soft snores coming from him. His black hair in his face. I attempted to brush to back, away from his eyes but it just fell back.

I glanced over at the clock.

"Wow." I whispered, it was almost eleven in the morning. I had never slept that late before. Time to get up.

I went to sit up and Jacoby's arms tightened around me. I tried again, same result. If I wanted up, he would have to wake up as well.

I couldn't help but smile as I pressed my lips to his. It was a soft short sweet kiss but it had the biggest effect on me. It was amazing, like nothing I had ever felt before. I couldn't get enough of it. I was becoming addicted to Jacoby kisses, and fast.

Jacoby stirred, a smile appearing on his face. He didn't open his eyes, pretending to still be asleep. I pushed against his chest, trying to push him away. He groaned and whimpered before pulling me even closer.

"Jacoby it's time to get up." I whispered.

"No. No it's not." He mumbled into my shoulder.

"We have things to do." I stated quietly.

"Yes we do. We have to cuddle." He mumbled again. "It's an order."

I rolled my eyes but stopped fighting Jacoby. I thought it was adorable how he wanted to cuddle. Normally guys wanted nothing to do with the sweet side of love, all they wanted was sex. I decided to stop fighting Jacoby before I made him not ever want to cuddle again.

"That's better." He said as I cuddled into his chest.

We stayed like that for an hour. Just lying in each others arms, stealing the occasional kiss. I would never get tired of this. I don't think Jacoby would either.

As I pressed my lips against Jacoby's again a knock sounded on the door. I groaned into the kiss and pulled away. Jacoby laughed at me before rolling out of bed. He ran out of the bedroom towards the door. I slowly got up and followed him.

Bettina was standing at the door. Her hair pulled back tightly against her head. She was standing with a hand on her hip and a smug grin.

"What is it?" Jacoby demanded.

"Dimitri thought a wake up call was in order." She stated before turning and leaving.

"Ten bucks Dimitri didn't give a damn." Jacoby said slamming the door closed.

"I'd take the bet. But since we are up, finally, I'm getting dressed." I said. Dimitri gained a sad look and pouted slightly. "We can cuddle again tonight."

"Alright." Jacoby said happily.

I hurried into the bathroom, before Jacoby could. Luckily I had enough sense to grab clothes first. I started the shower, waiting a few minutes for it to warm up, before finally stepping in. It felt nice, warming me quickly. I would have stayed under longer if Jacoby hadn't pounded on the door to hurry me along.

The clothes, not the best nor were they designer. I slipped on the light blue flair jeans and purple halter top. It looked, alright. I blow dried my hair and then straightened it. For the first time in a long time my hair was perfectly straight, it seemed weird.

I just hope Jacoby likes it. I thought applying my makeup.

When I opened the door Jacoby was back under the covers. He peeked out from under them as the door opened. He looked adorable with only his eyes and dark hair visible. Like a little kid in a mass of blankets.

"Your turn." I said walking into the kitchen.

His shower didn't last as long as mine. Merely a few minutes, although he spent a good twenty in the bathroom. I knew he was straightening his hair. If he didn't it would be wavy, and look weird. It didn't look bad, he just look a hell of a lot better with his hair straight.

He came out wearing dark skinny jeans and a Drop Dead t-shirt. He slipped on his high-tops and waited for me. I debated on going barefoot, they only gave me sneakers.

"Just put them on." Jacoby mumbled.

"I'd rather go barefoot." I whined.

"Then go barefoot. You can complain to Dimitri when we get downstairs." Jacoby said grabbing my hand.

"Nicolette. Care to inform why you are traveling the base barefoot?" Dimitri asked as we passed him. His eyes rested on our entwined hands for a second.

"They gave me sneakers." I stated, like it was obvious. "I don't like sneakers."

Dimitri laughed. "I'll have that taken care of. Take care you too." with that we began to walk away, "Try to get practice in between the make out sessions." he called after us. I turned to stare at him but he was already gone.

"It's freaky how much he knows." I stated turning back to Jacoby.

"He's Dimitri." was Jacoby's only response.

We arrived in one of the combat rooms minutes later. A few other guys were there. Including Victor. Jacoby let go of my hand as his eyes met Victors. They had this battle competition going on. I believe at the moment they were tied in number of wins.

"Hopefully he wins. I don't want to hear him complain." I mumbled sitting down on one of the couches in the room. This one was the closest to Jacoby and Victors fight, yet a reasonable distance away so no one not participating got hurt.

"Hello Nicolette."

I turned to look behind me. Ivan was standing, looking very confident with himself. I turned back to ignore him, but he didn't leave. Instead, he walked around the couch and sat down next to me.

The next thing I knew he was trying to kiss me, and Jacoby saw.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tells us what you think!
Comment & subscribe.
-Jessica