Bittersweet Endings

Mass ***ers

Nicolette and I ate our dinner in silence. Nic devoured her stake while I just poked at mine. I wasn’t a big fan of meat really, it was disgusting to me. “Hey Nic you want my stake?” I asked poking it again.

“What? You don’t like stake?” she asked stunned but didn’t refuse.

I gave her my stake and nodded. “Yeah, it is disgusting to me. Why do you think you never see me eat any meat? Are you that oblivious Nic?” I asked shaking my head.

Nicolette looked down at her new stake. “No, I just didn’t think about it.” I turned looking at her, she looked at me. I winked and went back to eating. She giggled.

“Well I didn’t know this was going to be a slumber party. If I would of known you were changing into your pajamas, fuck I would of too. Now I feel over dressed.” I said looking down at my day clothes. Nicolette laughed.

I smiled looking down at my plate of food. Not really hungry anymore, my hand brushed the cut over my right eyebrow. It was still there, I seriously thought it would have been gone by now. It is starting to irritate me, because it was still there and that I get a little sharp pain here and there.

The TV suddenly flicked on and I still looked down. I heard Nicolette gasp then kick me with her foot. “Warn me when you are going to turn the TV on with your mind.” she said.

I chuckled. “Yes ma’am.” I looked at the TV and began flipping through channels without the remote.

I sat back in the couch and propped my feet up on the coffee table. Resting my hands on top of my head, but then bringing one hand down and playing with my snake bites. I glanced over at Nicolette, she was laying down. The Afghan blanket pulled over her, her eyes on the TV. I looked at her still changing the channels, then I turned my attention back to the TV screen.

We will never sleep! ‘Cause sleep is for the weak! We will never rest, until we’re all fucking dead-

I dug my phone out of my pocket and looked who was calling. Nicolette sat up and leaned forward looking too. “Dimitir,” I said turning it on speaker. “Dimitir my man, what is going on?”

I heard a deep chuckle on the other end, which made Nic and I smile. “Nice to talk to you too Jacoby, and hello to you as well Nicolette. Have a nice flight? Dimitir asked.

“Hello sir, and yes we did.” Nicolette elbowed me and I rolled my eyes at her.

“Good good, Jacoby you didn’t smoke on the plane again did you?” Dimitir asked.

I paused. “… No…” I tried to not laugh.

I heard Dimitir let out a sigh and he probably shook his head. “Well anyways. I have called to tell you further more on your mission.” Dimitir said.

“Jacoby turn the TV down.” Nicolette said.

The volume on the TV went down and I set my phone on my knee cap. I sat back in the couch again with my hands behind my head. Nicolette sat next to me. “All right, so we believe someone is creating an army of newborn vampires. We also believe they are telling them that the blood that smells absolutely delicious is the blood they need to drink.”

“Reports have said that there might be a mass murderer here in Paris. About twenty people have died and their bodies found in parks all drained of blood-”

Nicolette and I stared wide eyed at the telly screen. I swear both our jaws hung open, Dimitir kept trying to get our attention but we stared at the telly screen. They showed pictures of paramedics caring people out of parks on stretchers in body bags.

“Jacoby! Nicolette!” Dimitir shouted on the other end of the phone.

“Yeah sorry bout that Dimitir. Looks like whoever is doing this is causing a huge scare here. Turn on the news in Paris right now.” I said.

I heard Dimitir grunt while trying to grab his remote. “Shit.” I heard him say.

If this was any other situations, I would of cracked a joke but now is not the time. “Tomorrow Nicolette Jacoby, head up to Northern Paris to those woods and scope things out. See if you can find any newborn and capture them. Bring them in for questioning. We need to bring this to a stop, they will take out this whole city and worse expose our secret.” Dimitir said, he switched into boss mode now.

“Right away sir. We will get to bed and then wake up early tomorrow morning.” Nicolette said.

Cocking an eyebrow I looked at her, she gave me the look again and I kept my mouth shut. She knows I hate waking up early, I would rather sleep in until like noon or something. “All right you two, I will keep in touch. Take care.”

“Goodbye Dimitir.” Nicolette said.

The line went dead and I pressed end, turning my iTouch phone off speaker. We sat there for another ten minutes staring at the TV screen some more. This was just horrifying. Whoever was doing this, did not want to be a vampire anymore. “This is bullshit.” I said getting up and throwing the remote at the wall, causing the wall to break.

I heard Nicolette sigh and I walked into the bedroom. I grabbed some plaid pajama pants and headed to the bathroom. I need a shower, it was the only thing that would calm me down. Besides one of Nicolette’s famous back rubs. I had such a short fuse that she had to keep coming up with ways to keep me calm. She seriously has the longest fuse out there that I know of. It takes a lot to get Nicolette mad.

I hopped in the shower and washed up, getting out and towel drying myself. I pulled on my boxers and pajama bottoms. I towel dried my hair, not caring how it looked right now. I didn’t like wearing shirts to bed, I found it very uncomfortable. Tossing the towel on the ground I walked out.

Nicolette was laying in bed reading a magazine. The only light was from her bedside lamp, she looked up when I walked in. I honestly don’t think Nicolette has ever saw me without my shirt on, oh well.

I walked over to my bedside, I dug in my bag pulling out my charger. I plugged that in and plugged my phone in. “How early are we getting up?” I asked. Wondering what time I needed to set my alarm.

When Nicolette didn’t answer I looked over at her, she was staring at me. “Nic.”

She shook her head. “Huh?”

I shook my head and laid down under the covers, still not entirely relaxed or clam. “Nevermind.” I mumbled.

“Okay.” she whispered and went back to reading her magazine.

I laid there staring out the window, the sun was already down and it was dark out. The city of Paris was lit up. I sighed then closed my eyes, I had a feeling I was not going to get much sleep tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment&Subscribe please?
-Jaymee