Status: Ongoing

Frankie

The common sense and confidence

Hovering over the doors to the Pittsburgh Penguins' locker room, Gwen bit the bottom of her lip. She tried to prepare the right apology to give Jordan after being so accusing and harsh towards him the last few days.

The night before, she went to visit Francesca, Francesca admitted that Ryan had kissed her at the restaurant and she didn't feel anything. Everything clicked in Gwen's head that maybe Jordan did show up, but saw Frankie and Ryan kissing.

Guys like Jordan, Gwen understood very well. They were the types of guys that, though seemed experienced, were in truth very inexperienced when it came to relationships. They put up this façade about being a womanizer, but really they were sweethearts, that want a steady relationship. But when they get hurt, they revert back to being that womanizer as a sort of self preservation.

Entering the locker room with a huff, Gwen went directly to where Jordan was at his stall talking to Tyler. She stood in front of him; she could see the black and blue bruise that formed over night resulting in his brotherly bonding fight with Marc.

"Can I talk to you?" she asked civilly and shot Tyler a look.

"I'm going to go talk to Sid," Tyler said, understanding what Gwen wanted and left Jordan, giving him no choice but to allow her to speak.

Gwen sat on the empty stall beside Jordan and took a deep breath. She was not used to any of this apology stuff. "I wanted to apologize for the way I've been acting. I didn't give you the benefit of the doubt and jumped to conclusions."

Jordan nodded and kept on listening to her. "How did you find out?" he asked, referring to how she knew that he went to go see Francesca.

"I was talking to Fran, and she mentioned that Ryan kissed her after dinner and she felt nothing for him."

A small bubble of hope appeared in Jordan's chest as he heard that Frankie had no romantic feelings for the guy she'd been in love with for a long time. "I never meant what I said, about Frankie not being worth the trouble."

Gwen smiled and covered Jordan's hand with hers. "I know, but I don't want to hear that anymore. I need to know if you're really interested in her and if she actually means something to you. You have to know that Fran's like a sister to me, and I love her too much to see her get hurt," she explained genuinely.

"I like her. She's different, her awkwardness is really cute," he stated firmly, so sure of himself.

The two sat in a comfortable silence as the rest of the team talked loudly. Gwen was glad that all the bad air was cleared up and that she and Jordan were on good terms again. She didn't expect Jordan to be the guy that Frankie would end up liking, but he was a good guy and at least he was interested in her.

"But seriously though, it isn't going to happen if I don't find a babysitter soon," Kris said frustratingly and threw his things into his stall.

"I wish I could offer my help, but Vero's mom is here. If it was any night but tonight, I'm sure Vero would love to take care of her Godson."

Gwen furrowed her eyebrows as she listened in on Kris and Marc-Andre converse. A smirk appeared on her lips, a plan formulating in her head. Jordan sighed, knowing that look on his friend's face.

"Gwen, I know what you're thinking, and I don't like it already," he warned her.

She got up, ignoring Jordan's protest and went right up to Kris. "You need a babysitter?" she asked him.

Both men looked at Gwen and Kris nodded. "Yeah, I was going to propose to Adrienne tonight, but I'm not going to be unless I find a babysitter for Lucas last minute," he said dejectedly.

Gwen covered her mouth in shock. "You're finally asking Adrienne to marry your sorry ass? Congrats!" she said excitedly and threw herself at Kris. "It's about time!"

Kris smiled and accepted the excited blonde's hug. "Thank you, but its not going to happen unless I get a babysitter."

"Jordan can baby-sit Lucas for you!" she said volunteering Jordan without his consent.

"What?" Jordan asked shocked and ran over to them.

Kris looked at Gwen uneasily, he wasn't too fond of leaving his son in the hands of Jordan. He wasn't even fond of leaving his son with a babysitter, let alone Jordan. "No offence to you Jordan, but he doesn't seem very capable."

Jordan nodded vigorously but stopped when Gwen narrowed her eyes at him. "I wouldn't either, but Frankie's going to be there! Jordan invited her to his place so they have a date, I'm sure that they won't mind. Frankie loves kids!" she exclaimed and clapped her hands happily.

*

Francesca stood awkwardly in front of Jordan's apartment. She didn't know why she agreed to help Jordan baby-sit, but Gwen seemed hell bent on making sure she agreed. Frankie was, at first, hesitant to agree, seeing as she and Jordan hadn't spoken since she told him to leave her alone.

The moment she rang the door, the door swung open to reveal Jordan looking flustered and the pretty blonde woman she met when she went to her first game behind him. He opened the door wider for her and she gratefully stepped in.

"Hello again," Adrienne hugged her, with a smile on her beautiful face. "I can't thank you enough for volunteering to baby-sit Lucas while you guys are on a date."

"It's really no problem, I love kids," Frankie reassured the young mother.

"Adrienne, you ready?" Kris asked, coming out of the living room with a tiny baby in his arms. "He's getting fussy."

Adrienne took her son from Kris' arms and handed him to Francesca. "Bye-bye, baby!" Adrienne cooed in a baby voice. "Thank you again," she said and kissed her soon in the forehead. She stepped aside and let Kris say goodbye to the tiny baby.

Frankie looked at the baby as if it was an alien. She could kill Gwen for making her do this. She had no experience what so ever with children, she could barely keep a hamster alive, let alone a baby.

"Bye, Lu," Kris said in a baby voice and said something in French to his son. "Don't let mean old Jordan scare you," he joked and patted Frankie on the arm. "Thank you for doing this," he said to both Francesca and Jordan.

"It's no problem," Jordan reassured him and kissed Adrienne on the cheek. "Lucas is safe with us," he said and squeezed Adrienne's arm. Frankie and Jordan both waved goodbye to the couple as the walked out of the apartment. "You don't really know much about babies do you?" he muttered and looked at Frankie.

"Nope," she answered him and chuckled nervously.

"We're screwed."

"Oh yeah," she agreed and as if on cue, Lucas started to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone that commented!
You guys are amazing and I love you all.
I'm really loving where Frankie is going.
Nothing Left and He stole you is still being worked on.
If you guys want to know what happens to Marc read the spin-off: 17 Nights
By the way, in case you guys are curious about the whole Adrienne, Kris and Baby Lucas thing, its all in the story Nothing Left.
You guys are going to love the next chapter for sure!