Status: Ongoing

Frankie

My little daydream

"There, there," Frankie cooed as she rocked the baby in her arms. She had been cradling the crying baby for the last ten minutes, but he still refused to stop crying. Francesca was tempted to call Adrienne, but Gwen explained that Kris was planning on proposing to Adrienne, and she didn't want to disrupt them.

"Maybe he wants his bottle?" Jordan asked and handed Lucas the bottle, but he refused it and kept on crying even more.

Frankie shot Jordan an 'are you kidding me?' look and cooed the baby some more. "Why won't he stop?" she asked in distress. Then, as if a flashbulb went of in her head, she snapped her fingers happily. "Maybe he needs a dipper change!" she exclaimed happily.

Jordan nodded and told Frankie to wait. He ran over to a corner of the living room where Kris and Adrienne brought all the necessary things that Lucas might need for the night. One of them included a changing pad. Unfolding it, Jordan brought it over to where Frankie was, along with Lucas' diaper bag.

Placing Lucas carefully on the changing pad, Francesca furrowed her eyebrows, wondering how she was going to approach this. She didn't know where to start as she had never been near a baby before.

Jordan watched her carefully as she encircled the changing table. "Why are you circling him like you're trying to figure out what part of him you should eat first? It's scaring me," he asked in all seriousness.

Francesca gave Jordan a blank look. "I don't know where to start. Do you know how to change a baby?"

Jordan scoffed. "No."

"I thought so. I've never changed a baby before. I know!" said Francesca. "Jordan, go get my laptop from my bag, I'm sure there's something on the internet on how to change a baby's diaper."

Obediently, Jordan did what Francesca ordered him to do and went to get her bag, which was laid out on his couch. Taking out her laptop, he noticed that she brought along a few of her textbooks. "Here," he said and opened up the laptop for her.

"Hold, Lucas for me," she told him and handed the baby over to Jordan to watch while she went to her laptop to search up on how to change a baby's diaper. As she waited for the page to load, she watched as Jordan cradled the little baby boy in his arms.

Francesca smiled when she heard Jordan cooing and talking to Lucas in a baby voice, who continued to cry, only this time a little softer. He continued to cradle the baby, his attention solely on Lucas.

"Okay, I got a video," she informed him and pressed play. Both of them watched intently, trying to commit it to memory and trying to understand every single step the woman was performing.

Jordan placed baby Lucas back on the changing pad and looked at Frankie. "I think you should do this," he said and stepped aside.

Francesca exhaled and kneeled so she was close to Lucas. "Okay, so the woman said to open the clean diaper and put it under the baby," Francesca recited to herself and executed it perfectly. "Then she said to open the dirty diaper."

Opening the diaper, Francesca lifted Lucas slightly by the ankle and removed the dirty diaper. She then ordered Jordan to watch Lucas while she folded the dirty diaper and threw it in the garbage can.

Seconds later, Francesca heard Jordan scream and then she was instantly in the living room almost bumping into Jordan as he made his way out. "What happened?" she asked as he headed to the bathroom and Frankie looked from the bathroom and Lucas, who was happily lying on the changing pad.

"He peed in my mouth," Jordan mumbled, his voice muffled as he washed his mouth.

"What?"

"He peed in my mouth!" Jordan yelled sounding distraught and embarrassed.

Snorting, Frankie looked at an innocent, Lucas and started laughing loudly. "Are you serious?" she struggled to say in between breaths.

"It's not funny," he muttered walking back into the living room, wiping his mouth with his sleeve and gave Lucas the stink eye.

Francesca finished changing Lucas and picked him up. "I think he's a very smart little baby. Aren't you, Lukey?" she asked in a baby voice and all of a sudden, he started to cry, surprising both Jordan and Francesca.

"Good job, Frankie. You scared him with your scary face," Jordan joked.

Scrunching her face at Jordan, Francesca stuck out her tongue at him and went to grab the bottle from the baby bag that Adrienne left. "He's probably hungry." Frankie then gave Lucas his bottle and sat down on the couch, Jordan following not long after.

Jordan smiled when he saw Francesca staring at Lucas lovingly. She seemed like she adapted well despite not having any knowledge on how to take care of a baby. He noticed that whenever she was thinking seriously, her eyebrows would furrow. "What are you thinking about?"

Breaking out of her trance, Frankie looked at Jordan. "I was just thinking about Lucas. He looks nothing like Kris, that's all."

"That's 'cause he's not Kris' son. Kris adopted him when he was born."

Francesca tilted her head cutely in confusion. "What do you mean?" she asked curiously.

Sighing, Jordan ran his hand though his hair. "Adrienne was engaged to Kris' best friend, but then he died when before Adrienne found out that she was pregnant. I don't know the exact details, but all I know is that Adrienne, Kris and Luc, Lucas' dad, knew each other back when Kris and Luc was playing for Val-d'Or Foreurs," he explained.

Her eyes widened and then softened when Frankie looked at Lucas. Even though her relationship with her father was more formal and tense, she couldn't imagine not knowing her father or not having a father figure. She held Lucas tighter, subconsciously. She was glad though, that Kris was there for Adrienne and Lucas.

"Adrienne was pretty beaten up about it. I couldn't imagine being pregnant and alone," he continued and rested his hand on Lucas' forehead. He noticed that the baby's eyes started to get heavy. "He's falling asleep. We should read him a story!" Jordan exclaimed excitedly, trying to lighten up the mood.

Francesca silently nodded and asked Jordan to set up Lucas' portable crib so that she could lay him on it. She caressed his head and then went to get one of her textbooks from her bag. Cracking it open, Frankie cleared her throat and began to read. "A robotic paradigm can be described by the relationship between the three primitives of robotics: Sense, Plan, and Act. It can also be described by how sensory data is processed and distributed through the system, and where decisions…" she began but then was interrupted by Jordan.

"Uh, Frankie, I don't think that a class about Robotics is a suitable story," he said and scratched the back of his neck.

Shooting him a blank stare, Francesca closed the book. "Oh? And what do you supposed is a suitable reading material? You're Sports Illustrated?" she asked sarcastically. Jordan nodded his head silently. "Are you serious?" Francesca asked dumbstruck. "You're kidding right?"

"He's a boy, boys like manly things," Jordan reasoned and blushed.

"You hockey players took too much hits to the head."

Jordan was about to retaliate when Lucas yawning and closing his eyes caught his eye. "Doesn't matter, Lucas is asleep anyways."

Frankie moved to the edge of the seat and watched the little baby in awe. He was so tiny and innocent looking. He had such a tiny body; Francesca wondered how such lungs came from such a small thing.

Jordan smiled seeing Francesca's eyes dance happily as she watched the small baby sleeping. He missed being able to comfortable talk and joke with Francesca. At that moment, he realized that in a small amount of time, Francesca's presence had become so important to him. It was like; his everyday routine would be boring knowing that there wasn't going to be a Francesca to talk to.

"Francesca," he whispered intimately and moved closer to her.

Taking her eyes away from the baby, a smile graced her face as she faced Jordan. "Yeah?" she too whispered.

Lifting her chin, his face grew closer to her, his eyes challenging hers to even try to look away, a challenge Francesca denied. Jordan lightly pressed his lips on hers, giving her a small peck on the lips. Everything was silent; it was just the two of them and nothing else.

"Thank you," he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys, for commenting!
Frankie and Jordan finally have some development going on!
Ten new comments would be nice before the next update.
Let me know what you guys think.
Comment.