Status: Ongoing

Frankie

On top of the world

Typing furiously on her laptop, Frankie never once looked up as she tried to finish her eight page essay that was due in two days. She groaned when Jordan snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her chair closer to him so he could rest his head on her shoulder. The CMU library was quiet, with only a few people studying and doing their homework.

"Seriously, Jordan stop. I need to finish this and then edit it," she said and moved her chair back to its original position. She brushed him off and continued to type on her laptop, occasionally looking at the thick book on her left.

"Frankie, I'm really bored. Can't we do something more interesting?" he whined and kissed her cheek. "I know! You can do this in my apartment, while I play on my xbox!" he said happily.

The heat started to rise up from her neck to her cheeks when Jordan's lips made contact with her cheek. "I have a better idea! Why don't you go home and play your xbox and I'll stay here and work on my essay."

"Aw come on. Please?" he asked, his face pouting.

"Why do you even want me to go with you?" she asked, taking off her thick black rimmed glasses and looked at her boyfriend. Frankie blushed at the thought of boyfriend, something she wasn't used to.

The idea of boyfriend still made her blush, she never thought that she'd ever have a boyfriend and if she did, not someone like Jordan. She expected herself to end up with someone in the same calibre as Glen not someone that everyone was in love with. Jordan was like the guy that Alyssa, the head cheerleader in her high school, had in her arms.

If only Alyssa could see her now, she would eat her own shit. Jordan was gorgeous and had an amazing career as a hockey player for the Pittsburgh Penguins. Not only was he appealing for the eyes and with a career that was sky rocketing, he was sweet as hell and was down to earth.

The fact that someone like Jordan, who had all the right qualities of a perfect boyfrien, was with someone like Frankie still amazed her. She was just a quiet nerdy little girl who had nothing about her that set her apart from everyone else. In fact, she didn't think she was anything special and was just plain, despite her mother telling her that she was beautiful.

"I want spend time with you. I like knowing that you're with me," he said sweetly.

Frankie couldn't say no. Jordan just knew the right things to say to make her melt inside and made it impossible to say no. She sighed and closed hr laptop. "Alright, but I need to be back at my dorm by nine, I want to be in bed by ten 'cause I have an early class tomorrow," she explained just as she was about to pick up her books and laptop when Jordan took it from her.

"I'll hold it. I've always wanted to hold my girlfriend's books."

"And what happened?" she asked curiously.

"I never had a girlfriend, I had girlfriends," he said with a smirk and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

Francesca shook her head and rolled her eyes. She knew Jordan well enough to know that despite him being a womanizer, he wasn't one to cheat. "You're so funny," she responded sarcastically and punched his ribs.

"Why are you so abusive?"

"Suck it up, little baby."

"Frankie! Jordan!" Gwen called out and waved frantically at them to catch their attention. Both Frankie and Jordan looked across the lawn, Gwen racing up to them. "Are you guys going out on a date?"

Jordan shook his head. "No, we're going back to my apartment.

Gwen's eyebrows shot up. "Oh?" she asked her voice hinting at a tease.

"Not that way!" Francesca said quickly.

Shrugging her shoulders, Gwen flicked her hair. "Well, I have a date with Drew. I should be getting ready," she squealed and left without a goodbye.

Looking blankly at the space Gwen had occupied, Frankie shook her head and took Jordan's hand and led him to his car. Jordan examined his girlfriend carefully, he expected her to blow up and get mad about Gwen going out with her brother.

"Aren't you mad about Gwen dating your brother?" he asked cautiously, unlocking his car and placing all of Frankie's belongings in the back.

Francesca shrugged her shoulders and got in the passenger seat. "Not really, I mean they've been flirting for as long as I've known her. I guess I was kind of expecting it," she said coolly. "Besides, I really have no right to tell her whom not to date, since she did introduce me to you," she pointed out.

"Girls are weird."

"Very mature," Frankie retorted back.

*

Over the next three hours, Frankie had been typing furiously and researching to finish her essay. Finally, she managed to finish the last of her revisions and was finally happy with the end product.

Sighing, Frankie cracked her neck before rubbing it. She was thankful that Jordan kept his promise about not bother her if she agreed to go to his apartment to work on her essay. He had been busy playing on his 360 online with Geno, Kris and Max. Frankie wondered how Adrienne put up with Kris, as the boys were completely into the game that they were playing.

Standing up to stretch her spine, Francesca let out a long moan. "It feels good to be done," she muttered to herself.

Jordan took notice that his girlfriend was done and paused his game. Standing up, he walked over to her, placing his large hands on the side of her hips and pulled her closer to him until their chests were touching. He kissed her forehead, making Frankie blush in shyness.

"You're so cute when you blush," he murmured and felt Francesca's tiny arms wrap around his midsection. "Now that you're done, does that mean I can distract you now?"

Francesca nodded her head against his chest, enjoying their intimate alone time together and groaned when her cell phone rang. "I should get that."

"Don't," he whined, refusing to let go of her, but she lightly pushed him to let go.

Picking up her cell phone, Francesca's brows furrowed when it flashed Gwen's name, she was supposed to be on her date with Drew. "Hello?"

"Fran? F-Fran, c-can you come p-pick me u-up? I'm a-at Dimirti's" her best friend stuttered.

Francesca stiffened when she heard Gwen's frightened voice. "Gwen, what's wrong? Are you alright?" she asked. Different scenarios started to play in Francesca's head, her heart started to beat fast out of fear. Was something wrong with Gwen? What about Drew, was he okay?

When he heard Francesca's worried voice, Jordan was immediately at her side holding her hand. He began to worry about Gwen, he never heard or seen so much worry on Frankie that it must have been serious.

"D-Drew's drunk and I-I'm scared. H-He started hitting people, F-Fran, I'm scared," Gwen said and started to sob.

"I'll be there soon, just stay safe," she instructed her best friend and hung up the phone.

Before she could even ask Jordan to take her to Dimitri's, Jordan was already grabbing his keys and jacket. "You ready to go?" he asked, his eyes and face filled with worry.

Francesca nodded and followed Jordan out the door. "Thank you for helping me," she said once they entered the car.

"Gwen's my friend and you're my girlfriend. I know how much she means to you."

Francesca gave him a small smile and squeezed his hand. "Jordan Staal, have I ever told you how lucky I am to have you?"

Shaking his head, Jordan took his eyes of the road for a moment and squeezed Frankie's tiny hands. "No, but I'm lucky to have you."
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you guys think?
Finally we get to see another side of both Jordan and Frankie.
Thank you for the comments and getting me ten.
You guys are amazing!
Would 11 new comments be possible?