Status: Ongoing

Frankie

So dance around the crashes to survive

A week had passed and despite everything that had happened, Frankie still refused to talk to Drew. She was still mad at him for breaking his promise to stay sober and for hurting Gwen the way he did. Despite the numerous calls and messages Drew left her, apologizing for what he had done, Frankie still refused to talk to him.

Her insecurities about Jordan still hadn't faded. Jordan was constantly walking on egg shells whenever he was with her. He knew that whatever Rachel said to her was still bothering Frankie and that she was insecure about their relationship.

He tried to reassure her that their relationship was stronger than that. That his feelings for her were genuine, that she was beautiful inside and out and that he had eyes only for her. But she would only nod her head mindlessly.

"I'll be back before you know it," Jordan reassured her as he stood inside Frankie's dorm. He was going on a week long road trip and as much as he didn't want to leave Frankie, especially with everything that was going on, he had obligations.

Frankie just nodded her arms across her chest as if to protect herself.

"Just win some games and come home safe."

Jordan nodded. "I will, and I'll call you everyday," he said and went to kiss her on her lips when she moved her head so he kissed her on her cheek. He sighed frustratingly. "Sooner or later, we're going to have to talk about this."

She nodded. "But not right now. You need to be one hundred percent focused on your game and just come back to me safely."

Jordan gave her a worried glance. He wanted to say more to her, to sort things out with her, but he knew she wouldn't want to talk. Frankie was as stubborn girl much like he was. It was a wonder how they ever got along, but they do.

"I'll see you later. Take care of yourself," said Jordan and left, giving her another kiss on the cheek.

*

After Edith heard about what had happened with Drew getting drunk and landing in jail, Edith immediately called her daughter and persuaded her to talk to Drew about it.

Frankie swore to herself, it was obvious that Drew had told Edith after Frankie refused to talk to him. He was always a momma's boy. Did and said everything his mother told him to do, that's what Drew was like.

Following through with her mother's orders, although she was tempted to ignore it but the fear of Edith Ryan's wrath was encouragement enough to go, Frankie called Ryan to find out where her brother was. She stopped by his apartment and he wasn't there, then she went to Bob's and he wasn't there.

Ryan was hesitant to tell her where was because he knew about Drew and Frankie's fight, but after awhile, he eventually told her.

She sighed disappointedly. Drew was at another bar, probably getting shit faced. Drew was always like that. Whenever he couldn't deal with his problems he drinks to forget them. She immediately went into the bar that Ryan told her he would be and very well he was.

In a drunken stupor, Drew kept ordering shots after shots, and then ordered people shots resulting in cheers or claps. Shaking her head, Frankie bravely walked to the bar where her brother sat and took the empty seat beside him.

"Hey there baby sis," he said and motion for the bartender to give him another shot.

"No, I think he's had enough," she told the bartender, who followed her orders and went back to cleaning glasses.

"Aw, come on baby sis. Why do you always ruin my fun?" he said, his words slurred.

"Because your idea of fun is destroying your liver and making it a living hell for those who love you."

"Aw come on don't get with the mushy stuff, I'm not hurtin' anyone." Drew got off the stool, took his beer and started walked.

Getting up from her stool, Frankie looked at her brother angrily. "Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Mom's at home wondering every night if her son's alright. If he made it home okay, or if he's dead in a ditch? Or if I'm in my dorm pacing, thinking if I should call you just to see if you're okay, instead of studying? What's wrong with you?" Frankie's voice started to become desperate, as tears started to overwhelm her. "You said you would get better."

A flash of guilt passed through Drew's face and eyes. He stumbled over to his sister, his beer spilling all over the floor and his hands. "Don't cry baby sis. Don't cry, big brothers aren't supposed to make their sisters cry," he tried to comfort her, opening his arms to hug her.

Frankie moved to the side and scoffed. "Big brothers aren't supposed to hurt their sisters either, but guess what? You've already done that. I'm sick of this."

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I'm sorry."

Sighing in a frustrated and tired manner, Frankie turned away from her brother so she could think. She didn't know what would get through to him. She tried guilt tripping him, getting angry at him, screaming at him, and ignoring him, but he still picked up a bottle. He still drank, he still got drunk.

She turned back to him, but he was gone. Frantically looking around, she only managed to catch the back of his head making his way out the door. As fast as she could, she tried squeezing through the throngs of people all at the bar.

"Drew!" she yelled, pushing past a tall man. She was scared that Drew was going to do something stupid. He always did something stupid when he was intoxicated or when he wasn't thinking. "Drew! Excuse me."

Finally she got out of the bar, but it was too late, she already lost sight of him. Going by instincts, Frankie went to the parking lot behind the bar. Luckily for her, he was there trying to start his car.

Getting into the passenger seat, she heard Drew swear and then look at her. "Frankie, get out of the car," he ordered her, his voice full of anger.

"No, if you want to kill yourself then I'll be right here beside you," she said defiantly. "I don't want you to go through this alone," she begged, tears starting to spill. "You were always protecting me when we were younger, f-from boys to bullies to everyone. You were always there when I needed you the most, so I'm not leaving you when you need me."

"Frankie, get out of the car!"

"No!" she yelled back. "You've already hurt me once, I'm sure a second time won't matter. If you want to kill yourself, let's see you try while I'm in the car," she threatened. She knew her brother wouldn't. No matter how drunk he was, Drew wouldn't risk Frankie's safety.

"Suit yourself," he said nonchalantly and hit the gas, zooming out of the parking lot, almost hitting a car.

Frankie's eyes widened. He must have been extremely drunk and irrational to not be thinking about her safety. She closed her eyes and tried telling herself that he wasn't thinking that this person wasn't her brother. No, her brother would never put her in danger.

"Drew, please stop the car," she begged, looking at him hoping that he would go back to his senses.

"I told you to get out of the car," he said angrily. Drew jerked the car to the right, making Frankie slam her head into the window hard.

She slammed her eyes shut because of the pain. She was in so much pain, Frankie was seeing white. Finally being able to stand the pain, she opened her eyes and touched her head gingerly when she felt something cold trickle down the side of her face. Her eyes widened when she saw blood.

"I told you to get out of the car," he muttered, looking straight at the road.

Despite Drew looking at the road, Frankie knew that he wasn't really looking at the road or paying any attention to anything else. Drew began to mutter something incoherent and looked at her, expecting an answer.

"Drew, look out!"
♠ ♠ ♠
So what did you think?
There was a lot of emotions passed around between Frankie and her brother. I struggled to write this chapter because it wasn't going the way I had it in my head, but I think this version was the closest it got to.
Thank you to everyone that commented.
5 new comments, or else I won't update the next chapter.
Thank you.