Status: Ongoing

Frankie

Life moves slow

The next day, Francesca tried to keep herself busy by going through her physics homework at the CMU library. She tried not to think about what had happened the previous night, but it was proven to be difficult as Gwen kept pestering her about the date.

"So, you and Jordan huh?" she asked rhetorically and raised her eye brows suggestively.

Francesca, who was staring at her, looked down to her text book, an obvious blush creeping up her rather tanned cheeks. "I don't know what you're talking about," she mumbled trying to study, but just kept re-reading the same live over and over again.

Gwen scoffed. "Oh please, don't lie to me. I'm not that stupid," she countered and took out her phone and started texting someone. "Besides, I have proof," she shrugged and simply said.

The brunette's eyes widened considerably, a thousand excuses ran through her head. 'Proof? Proof of what?' she thought, panicking internally. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh? Than what is this?" she asked rhetorically and showed Francesca her cell phone from across the wooden table.

There in the tiny electronic thing was the source of Francesca's embarrassment. Gwen smirked as she held up her cell phone that showed a clear picture of her best friend and Jordan Staal kissing. His hands were cupping his face, Francesca had her eyes closed and her body leaning to him.

Francesca screwed her shut, and gave out a long sigh. She didn't want to be reminded again about the night before. It wasn't to say she didn't enjoy the date and being kissed by Jordan, just that she didn't like being reminded of it to give Gwen ammo for future teasing.

The 'date' the night before was all she could think about. He was a great guy, sweet as hell and fun to be around. But she never pictured her first kiss to be with someone like Jordan Staal. She always thought it would be with someone more wholesome, like Ryan if not Ryan. A guy she knew her whole life as Francesca was a firm believer in childhood sweethearts.

Laughing bitterly in her head, Francesca realised it took her twenty-one years just to be kissed by a boy. Most girls would have been kissed by the time they graduated high school, hell even lost their virginity, but no, not her. Guys wouldn't even come near her in high school because of three reasons.

One, she was the mayor's only daughter, two, she was Drew, star football player's baby sister and finally three; most guys were intimidated by her studious and smart nature. Not to mention her aloofness and ability to place herself and create awkward situations.

"Where did you get that?"

Gwen smirked and quickly withdrew her phone when Francesca tried to snatch it from her. "Hm… let's just say, Max, Sid and I played spy and coincidentally our playground happened to be the zoo."

Groaning, Francesca slouched on her hair. "I hate you," she glared at her best friend and threw the pen on the maddening text book in front of her. "Let me guess, Max and Sidney also have pictures," she said sarcastically.

Nodding, Gwen laughed. She was glad that Francesca was starting to move on from Ryan. Her love for Ryan was unhealthy and she was certain Ryan would sadly never return Francesca's feelings.

Although, Gwen would admit that she would have preferred it to have been Sidney that asked Francesca out. He was more stable when it came to relationships, especially for someone like Francesca, oppose to Jordan, who was such a womanizer. But she was sure that Jordan had some sort of fondness for Francesca. He would often ask Gwen how Francesca was and even offered to give her a ride even without asking if she needed it and even went as far as helping with her Ryan problems. She was sure that Francesca wasn't just another notch on his bedpost, or at least she hoped.

Gwen wouldn't know what she'd do if Francesca was just another notch. She would probably go after Jordan and castrate him. Then she'd get Tyler and Max to kill Jordan at practice, and then she'd kill him.

The table was silent, Francesca burying herself in her text book and Gwen texted her life away. Gwen mumbled a goodbye to her friend and explained that she would be meeting with a few of her friends. She rolled her eyes when Francesca didn't even bother to look up and just continued to write.

"Be nice," she whispered when she passed a certain tall blonde, blue-eyed hockey player. "Player her and I swear Jordan Staal, you will never look at another woman," Gwen warned him.

Jordan just flashed her a goofy grin and sauntered his way to Francesca. He sat silently on to the chair Gwen once occupied and waited for Francesca to take notice f him. He started to tap his fingers on the table, growing steadily impatient.

Francesca was too engrossed in her studying that she didn't notice Gwen leave or even Jordan sitting in front of her. All she thought about was getting chapter thirteen of her physics done and over with. She wrote furiously.

Watching her amused, Jordan smirked when he saw a nerdy looking kid timidly approach their table, books in hand. The boy pushed up his glasses and eyed Jordan, as if to say that Jordan didn't belong in a library.

The nerdy kid cleared his throat when he stood beside Francesca, but got no response from the girl. He looked at Jordan timidly, who just kept on smirking, and cleared his throat again. "F-Francesca? I w-was wondering if you could help me with physics."

Looking to her left, Francesca looked to her right at the boy, who was unfortunate enough to be named Glenn, and grabbed his test book. "What did you need help in?"

"I-I was wondering if you could help me with this equation," he informed her and pointed to what Francesca thought was such a simple equation.

She nodded her head none the less and began to explain it to Glenn in simpler terms than from the book's explanation. "Is that it?" she asked, looking at him expectantly and pushed her glasses up.

The boy's mouth gaped open and closed his mouth as he tried to make up an excuse just so he could talk to the girl he'd been admiring from a far. He shook is head dejectedly and just thank her.

"Okay," she said simply and went back to studying, not even taking notice of the boy's dejected look as he made his way back to his table.

Jordan chuckled and Francesca looked up surprised. "What are you doing here?" she said placing a hand over her chest. "You scared me."

Shrugging, Jordan smirked. "I've been here for awhile. Took you long enough to notice and I thought I'd have to yell or something. So that nerdy looking kid…" he trailed off and jerked his head over to Glenn. "He seemed to like you and you just shot him down."

Tiling her head, she looked at the handsome blond in front of her oddly. "I don't know what you're talking about. Glenn just needed help with physics."

Jordan rolled his eyes. "Yeah and his equally nerdy friends couldn't help him?" he asked her sarcastically.

Sighing, Francesca became increasingly annoyed with Jordan's behaviour. "You know, your stereotyping is really disheartening. He has a name; it'd be nice if you used it instead of insulting him. It makes me wonder what you really think of a 'nerd' like me," she told him off and began to pack her things.

His eyes widened when Francesca started to walk away from him quickly. He got up as fast as he could and ran to catch up with her. "Hey, look I'm sorry if I insulted your boyfriend, but I never stereotyped you," he tried to explain.

Francesca stopped power walking and glared at him. "Glenn isn't my boyfriend," she snapped. "I just don't think it's fair to be insulting him when you don't even know him."

"Again, I'm sorry if I've insulted you in anyway."

"Why are you here anyways?" she asked as they both began to walk.

He scratched the back of his neck and gave her a goofy smile. "I wanted you to come with Gwen to our next game tomorrow," he replied sheepishly.

She gave him another odd look. "Why?"

"I heard you've never been to a game before and I want you there to see me beat the Rangers and my brother."

"Why would you beat your brother? That doesn't sound nice," she mumbled not even making the connection that Jordan's brother played for the opposite team.

Chuckling, Jordan messed with the top of Francesca's frizzy brown hair. "And they say you're smart," he mumbled lightly. "My brother plays for the opposite team. So will you come or did I just make a retard of myself?" he asked and took out a ticket from his pocket and waved it at her.

Silently, Francesca nodded and took the ticket from him. "Thank you," she said and stared at the alien piece of paper.

Jordan smiled and said goodbye to her. "Oh and, Gwen has my jersey. I'd like you to wear to the game," he winked at her leaving Francesca in a blushing mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes this chapter was a little slow.
It'll pick up, I promise!
Thank you to everyone that commented!
Two new comments before the next update would be nice.
Thank you for reading!