But You're Worth It

Three

After the buss-scene, the day went just normal for Frank.

Until...

Frank was walking to his locker, dangling his French-books in his lap and quietly humming and rocking to the music that occupied his hearings from his massive headphones.
As the song reached it's climax, he closed his eyes and made a pirouette.
Just as he was turning back to the right way and opened his eyes, he bumped into the same boy that demanded to get his lunch-money in the bus.
A wave of fear flashed in Frank's eyes, but he pushed it away and made to pass him and get to his locker.
A hand wrapped around his wrist and pulled him back. Then another hand pushed him down and he fell on the floor.
Terrified, he looked around him and was surprised at how deserted the corridor was.
Oh yeah! It's lunchtime! Frank thought.
He made to stand up, but a foot pushed his chest down.
He looked up the foot and to the grinning face of an evil boy.
"You're not going anywhere Francesca." he said.
"My name's Frank." Frank said.
The other boy's face twisted to a surprised anger.
"Shut up queer!" He said and kicked his foot up from Frank's chest to his jaw.
Frank's head shot back and he felt the taste of blood in his mouth.
Great. He thought.
The hole right under his lip, where his lip-ring was, had ripped.
Just. Great. Frank thought.
He licked the slight blood that was running down his chin and looked up.
He was met with the self-satisfied face of an idiot.
Soon Frank felt a little suffocated, caused by the hand that was now grabbing the collar of his shirt and aggravating Frank's breathing.
Then they heard a door open.
A dark figure walked around the corner and gave them a unconcerned look and while walking past them said "Would you just leave him alone? He's smaller that you. It's just pitiful."
That's when Frank noticed it was the same guy as the one in the bus earlier today.
Anger flamed in the attacker's eyes and he dumped Frank on the floor and turned to the dark boy.
"It's none of your business. You want in too? 'Cause if you do, feel free to join, I can do you too!" He yelled.
The dark boy's head turned sharply to look at the shouting idiot.
Then he slowly turned and walked towards him.
The attacker-boy felt a piercing pain in his stomach but couldn't curl up to a ball on the floor, since he was held up by the strong fist in his stomach.
The hand slowly pulled back and he fell down on the floor, crying.
"I never wanna see you bullying this guy again, okay? If you wanna fight, at least find someone your level. Then I will find it none of my business." The dark boy said and turned sharply to leave.
Frank stumbled up and gathered his belongings, then ran after his saviour.
"Wow.. Merci." Frank said when he reached the boy.
The boy gave him a astonished look and turned his head to look ahead again.
"Tu t'appelles comment?" Frank asked.
"What?" The other boy asked and stopped.
Yeah, the French-lesson had stuck in Frank's head and he was speaking only it now.
When he realized it, he started to look for the right words in English.
"I.. uh.. I asked what's your name. I just had French and it kinda got stuck in my head and so.. but yeah what's your name? I mean, if you wanna tell me or.. -" Frank bubbled 'till he was interrupt.
"It's Gerard." The interrupter said.

"What?"

"My name."

"Huh?"

"..is Gerard."

"Oh.. Ooh! Well Hi Gerard! And thanks for saving me! Twice!" Frank said and smiled.

"And that's all you had to say?" Gerard said, clearly annoyed.

"Uh.. yeah?"

"Then could you please leave me alone?" Gerard said as he gave Frank a sharp, demanding look.

Frank gulped and nodded.
Gerard walked away and Frank turned to go back to his locker, since they had already walked past it.