But You're Worth It

Nine

"Uh.. hi." Frank said and walked to his locker awkwardly and scratched his head.
The other boy didn't move, so Frank had to stop, 'cause the boy was still occupying the space in front of his locker.
Frank looked at the boy and demanded some action with his eyes.
"Gerard, I gotta be home soon, or mom'll be worried." He said, placing his hands on his hips.
Gerard almost couldn't hold in the laugh that was close to bursting out of his mouth. He sighed to cover it.
"You were staring at me." he said with a stern look on his features.
"Yeah? Is that illegal or something? And could you seriously move your butt a little so I can get my books!" Frank said back at him.
They changed fierce looks for a while but then Gerard moved aside unwillingly and continued staring at Frank angrily.
Frank shoved his tongue out of his mouth and made a face at the boy childishly before opening the locker and flinging the door open as a barrier between the two of them.
"Frank?" Gerard asked.
"Yes, darling?" Frank answered with a hint of anger still in his voice.
Gerard sighed again.
"It's not that I don't like you.. I.. I don't even know you! I just think it's better this way."
"What way?" Frank mumbled from the other side of the locker-door.
"That we're.. not friends." Gerard said.
"Why?" Frank asked.
"Because." He was answered.
"That's not a reason, I wanna know why!" Frank demanded.
"It's not your business!" Gerard growled.
"Hah!" Frank said and slammed the door closed. "How is it not my business if it's about me being or not being friends with someone?!" he yelled.
"Just stay away from me!" Gerard shouted.
"Fine!" Frank shouted back.
They stared at each other angrily and then turned to walk away, both to the same direction.

"Don't follow me!" Frank said from the other side of the corridor.
"I live this way too.." Gerard mumbled.
Frank 'hmphed' and sped up his steps. When he was met with the door in the end of the corridor, he rushed out and ran all the way home, angry tears falling from his eyes.

When Frank got to his house, he sunk to his knees at the gate and screamed. He was so fucking frustrated. Why did he feel like this? As much as Frank wanted to disagree, the reason was Gerard. Gerard made Frank feel funny. Kinda tingly inside. When Gerard was near, Frank didn't know what would happen.
Frank was the boy who still liked to wake up on weekends to watch the cartoons, the boy who baked with mommy and wanted to be tucked up in bed at night.
Gerard made Frank someone else.
Frank never really got angry at anyone, so he was surprised at his own behaviour with Gerard earlier. Frank felt bad for yelling at Gerard and decided to apologize the first thing tomorrow.
Actually, Frank was beginning to feel very bad about himself, and he got up and padded to the door, yelling for his mother. He needed a hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you had to wait too long, but I had my reasons.. Kinda. Anyway, I hope you can get something out of that, 'cause it's kinda messy. I'm gonna try to straighten it up!
COMMENTS ARE PURE LOVE!