Status: Slowly but surely

Lady Adiena

5

As soon as my skin touched the steely liquid like substance I was consumed with the desire to stop and examine it. To define the way it felt on my skin cool, slippery, yet as if it did not exist at all, like some sort of nothingness. I sighed and made myself keep walking. Trying to discern how it felt to me was like trying to catch an moonbeam, A wonderful imagery but when all was said and done absolutely pointless.

Then that is when I emerged from the portal. A whispered poem came to my lips dripping from them as sweet as honey as I gazed at the sun for what felt like the first time, and which in a sense it was.

“It rays upon my face”

“The gentile sweep of love first grace”

“My heart a blank space without thy shining in thine place”

“A race against time”

“Darkness gives chase but your face will be back come morn”

“Your light, like lace caressing my face”

“I wish you never be torn away again”

“This is your place your formless touch upon my face”

Again I had this feeling that it would be useless to try to describe the wonder and feelings I had. The suns beams hit around me on the dust covered floor filtering in through a half shattered skylight and wafting down through the rafter beams that supported the ceiling.

The lightness I felt was unbelievable as I stood there basking in the golden glow of the sun. My sight had never been so clear it felt like I could see everything every crack in the wood grain every flaw and imperfection of everything. Something caught my eye as it twirled out away from where my body had appeared ,when I came out through the portal, a tiny little dust mote.

I reached for it lightning fast but my hand came away empty as it swirled up more dust motes around me. I stared as the dust motes danced in the air never seeming to fall as they twirled back upward with even the slightest current of air, even my light breathing affected them.

I then did something I had never done before, something extremely girly. But I wanted to be as free as the dust motes so I lightly twirled on the dust covered floorboards with my arms flung away from my body.

My simple action was totally different from what I had expected. The movement was to fast, but I saw it all as clearly as if I had taken decades to watch it all play out before me.

The dust motes sped away from me in all direction like combusting star. That slight sweep of my arms had caused the air to clear of dust for a moment before it swirled back down like a cyclone dying around my still form till it had settled back to its normal pattern or twirling along the air currents as they blew them.

I could feel the shock, surprise and wonderment glowing out of my purple eyes that must be as large a tennis balls about now. I knew that my jaw must be hanging all the way to the floor as I gaped at the motes continuing on as if nothing had happened, it made me wonder if it actually had. Scratch that I knew it happened I was just having a hard time believing that it had. I tried to close my mouth, I didn’t want it to drag, as I turned with exaggerated slowness ,so I wouldn’t scare myself with any sudden movements, to face my cousin.

He was trying to hide his wide grin behind a hand that just didn’t quite cover it. My expression must have put him over the edge because he started howling with laughter slapping his knee. He shook out his head of sandy blonde and silver curls as tears streamed down his face with the force of his laughter. I glared as he looked up but that only made him laugh more as he clutched his side.

“Don’t hurt yourself, now”

I told him sarcastically.

I personally did not see the humor. In fact I found nothing about the situation even remotely funny.

When he finally got over his laughing fit, which I swear must have lasted at least ten minutes, he looked up at me and said wiping the tears from his eyes.

“You’re actually quite fast but some of the people here might be faster than you.”

I couldn’t believe that he just said that, Id never seen anyone move as fast as I just had. As if reading my mind he told me more, to explain.

“Our World’s density is so thick that compared to here our fastest runner might as well be walking.”

I shook my head in confusion so he went on to explain even further.

“Look in our world we only perceive our selves as moving fast because we are used to it and have never been anywhere the weight of the atmosphere is lifted”

Oh ok. I get it but damn it’s a let down. I had thought I would be oh so fast and strong and awesome but turns out I was just like everyone else. So much for my superhero fantasy I thought to myself disappointed. No superpowers no nothing.

Seeing the letdown on my face Evan told me something that did cheer me up slightly.

“You’ve been fighting under so much weight that now it’s off you’ll be faster than the ordinary person, you’ll have more stamina and strength too. So cheer up and don’t worry your still the greatest fighter of your generation.”

He told me it’s so kindly that I wanted to hug him. It was the nicest thing that anyone had ever said to me but my Tam. I tiptoed and gave his grizzled cheek a kiss, he was like the caring father I had never had.

He chuckled and looked down at me.

“Everything will seem to be moving really fast to you until you get used to it, don’t worry you will but till then just stick close ok.” He checked his watch, he was wearing a watch? Where did he get that? “Its time we get going” He grinned. “We have to get you off to your first shopping experience.”

I nodded my head excitedly and followed him up of the building that we were in. He led us over to a sleek black limo that was waiting for us. A limo pshh whatever that was looked more like some kind of beetle and it seemed to be purring like a wild animal. Derevan…..err….. Evan pulled open the door for me with a mock bow. I looked from him to the dark interior of the limo and back.

I shrugged and got in and concentrated on figuring out exactly what a limo was. God I got a lot of information, but by the time we pulled to a stop I knew all about cars, engines, planes, which led me to learn about electricity. I was a little on overload if you can’t tell.

The limo had taken us to the mall 0.o I liked it immediately. I almost ran for the cloths, there where just soooo many. All different colors and styles!

“Go ahead get whatever you like then you can try it on.”

Evan nudged me towards the cloth’s racks. I didn’t need any more prompting, I attacked the project head on. I threw the things I liked at Evan. He made for a very convenient hanger till I took all my findings to the dressing room and tried it all on. I had a talent everything I had chosen fit prefect and I personally thought it looked great.

We bought it all; Tops, bottoms, socks, shoes, hats, scarves, bras, underwear, and even some lingerie managed to get in there. I don’t know why I got it but I did. Mwahahha I mean whoops how did that get there?

Then we went to a place called Hot Topic, I liked it even more than I’d liked the cloths store. There were more cloths here but they where different. That is were I got all my wonderful accessories including a Twilight backpack with Edward Cullen on it. I knew who he was immediately apparently being in love with him was common ‘knowledge’.

Then we went and got some fun stuff (stuff for school, right ;) stuff like an iPod touch, a cell phone, a laptop, and then school things; textbooks, notebooks, pens, pencils, folders, and just everything. It had to have been one of the most fun things Id ever done.

Then we went somewhere must have been an airport because then we got on a private airplane and flew to California. Flying was the most amazing thing I spent the whole flight trying to download music to my iPod but failing miserably because I couldn’t keep my eyes from the window.