Control Yourself

S.O.S.

Forrest was rarely around any more on account of training. His fight was coming up fast, which only reminded Shae that her interview was approaching just as fast. She was having a terrible time trying to decide between modeling and the first guy she actually was in love with.

It was a tough call.

Shae started looking into yoga instructors who could take her place at her studio while she was gone. She skimmed through the resumes and applications, and listened half-heartedly during the interviews. Was she really just going to leave?

Though they both hated to admit it, Shae's leaving was driving a wedge between them. They had hardly talked, and they hadn't had sex in what felt like forever. They were both stressed and anxious, wanting to get Saturday over with already.

The first normal couple thing they had done since Shae had broke the news of her flight to Forrest was going out for brunch at a cute cafe.

Forrest plowed through his food without saying much, however, Shae gingerly arranged her omelet on her plate.

"Forrest," She finally sighed.

Apprehensively, Forrest looked up. He looked stiff, as if he was holding his breath.

"This is stupid," Shae snapped.

"What?"

Shae rolled her eyes.

"Look, I can't control what the agency wants from me," She ranted. "And I can't just pick and choose a date that's convenient for me - y'know, you're being really selfish in making me feel guilty for having to fly out the night of your fight..."

Forrest was speechless.

"Shae, I..." He started, releasing a long sigh. "I just wanted you to be there."

"Well, congrats Forrest - you made my final moments here horrible!"

"What do you want from me?" Forrest grumbled. "I'm only human..."

"I wanted to actually enjoy myself before I had to leave," Shae blubbered, feeling her eyes prickling. "I didn't want you to ignore me, or avoid me, or to fight! I just wanted to spend time with you, and make the best of things..."

"Shae, I..." He trailed off, staring back down into his nearly empty plate.

"I leave tomorrow," She said coolly, wiping the few stray tears that rolled down her cheeks away.

The rest of the meal was silent. They climbed back into Forrest's truck and headed back to the apartment. Shae followed along with Forrest to his place, just wanting the company, too distressed to nit-pick about whom would be with her. She unzipped her track jacket, slipping it off her shoulders, dropping it onto the couch. Forrest plopped down onto the couch, watching her.

Shae pulled her hair back into a high ponytail, gathering up all the hair off her neck.
Forrest shifted into the cushion, chewing on his lip.

Shae sat down next to him, rubbing her fingertips along her collar bone, releasing a sigh. It was a soothing feeling that usually helped her to ease her nerves. It wasn't really helping.

Forrest was eying her smooth hand run back and forth along her chest. It was so seducing. He gently grabbed her chin, tilting her face towards his, pressing his lips to hers. At first, Shae wasn't very responsive, but after a short moment, she warmed up, placing her hands against Forrest's chest. His hands scaled her flawless body as they used to.

Everything was bliss.

Forrest managed to sweep Shae up into his arms and carted her off into the bedroom, slamming the door behind them. Shae giggled, looping her fingers through the loops of Forrest's jeans.

"You are gorgeous," He said. Shae rolled her eyes.

Forrest gently set her down on the bed.

"That's cool,"

He lowered himself closer against her, their bodies brushing but never touching as he remained in a sturdy plank position over her.

"And I think it's great you're doing this, for you," He added.

"I don't care," Shae waved it off. "I care about you, not modeling."

Forrest let himself go, pressing gently against Shae. She wiggled from under him, finding a comfortable position to have his muscular body atop hers.

"But you want to," He insisted.

"But I want you," Shae giggled, pecking Forrest's lips. "Let's not talk about it; not tonight,"

And so, they didn't.

*

Shae stirred until finally, she was awake. It was somewhere between two and three in the morning. She was restless.

Forrest slept silently beside her, shifting now and then, otherwise completely still.

She wanted to wake him; she wanted to spend her last moments with him while they were available. Sleep was just wasting time at this point. Shae groaned, curling up under Forrest's arm, tight to his chest.

Forrest made a noise.

"Shae?"

Shae perked up, hoping she had woken him up.

He seemed to still be asleep, a goofy grin on his face.

"You have the best..." He mumbled.

Shae chewed on her lip to keep from laughing.

"I love your sauce."

She pressed her forehead against Forrest's chest, giggling.

"I love you,"

Suddenly, it wasn't as funny anymore.

"I love you."

Shae hardly slept. All she could think about was Forrest. Did she love him? He loved her. Did it scare her? He seemed okay. Why couldn't she just say those three little words, and mean it? Why?

The countdown triggering Shae's breakdown had officially begun.