I'm Sorry but the Party's Over

Chapter Four

Jay looked around him after spilling the contents of his stomach and lungs onto the sand. He tried to take in his surroundings only to find sand, the ocean, other people from the party yacht strewn across the island, and exotic plants of some sort. Where am I? he thought to himself.

The helpless boy remembered that someone was calling his name. Rowan. He needed to get to her, and fast. It wasn't long before... he couldn't bring himself to think of the worst that could happen to her. James collected himself enough to the point so he could stand up straight, and he limped down the pale beach to where he saw Rowan. What he saw was heart-wrenching. Rowan's pale body lay still in a mound of now-bloody sand. Jay couldn't believe it; the girl he had just had wonderful sex with, his best friend, was... dead.

"Where the hell are we, James?!" a girl from James' neighborhood yelled from up the beach.

Her name was Tanya. Tanya was a friend of everyone's; she just kept to herself a lot. In fact, the majority of the "popular" crowd were astonished when she got on the yacht at the last minute and cracked cruel jokes to one another about her. James always thought the "popular" dudes were assholes.

"I don't know," he responded, climbing back up the beach to where Tanya was. "Are there other survivors?" James needed to know that he and Tanya weren't the only ones lucky enough to not get killed by those powerful waves. He was still in shock from what happened to Rowan; he couldn't handle it if anyone else he cared deeply about had been killed as well. He scanned the beach and found a few more people who were up walking around. He went to go talk to them.

Meanwhile, Tanya was looking at the very odd-looking, bright plants off to the side. She wondered if they were harmful. She picked a purple flower out of a bunch of rainbow-colored flowers and stuck it behind her ear. Looking down at her drenched clothes and dirty, bloody skin, she decided to go find something to change into. She wandered into an immense forest and found herself picking berries along the way and finding old cloth hanging off branches, most likely left from previous residents on this island.

When Tanya had enough berries to cover the two long pieces of cloth she had found, she walked back to the beach to get to work making her clothes. Being African American, her mother thought that it was wise to teach Tanya survival skills in her early childhood, just in case. Looks like mommy wasn't so unintelligent after all.

The girl returned to the beach and noticed a bonfire going in the distance. She scurried over to it, said hello to the fellow survivors, and began working on her new outfit she was constructing.

In the meantime, James was sitting down at the shoreline, feet pulled up to his chest. He was taking in the past several hours' events. He started crying every time he thought anything about Rowan. He still could not handle the fact that he had lost his best friend. Why couldn't he have gotten to her faster? He could've saved her, if he tried harder! With every second, Jay was growing more and more angry at himself. The only thing that calmed him was Tanya tapping his shoulder.

"James? Are you alright?" she asked him. She had gotten into her new outfit and the flower was, surprisingly, the same color as the berry dye. James turned around and looked at the beautiful girl. He stared in awe at how well she had cleaned up in so little time. Right now, he admired her. She was the only one to take any sort of interest in him. The only one who made him feel... like he was still alive.

In the background of Tanya's gorgeous appearance, there was a puff of smoke.

"OH MY GOD! HELP!"