The One

Moving

Khloe Ateara mumbled something about hating life as she packed away her designer jeans, and placed them into a box. She ran a hand through her long dark hair and almost cried as she looked around her almost empty bedroom. She couldn't believe the card life was dealing her at the moment. Her mother Norah was divorcing her husband of ten years. He was a wealthy lawyer from New York, the place where Khloe had spent the last eleven or so years of her life.

"Khloe, are you almost ready?" Her mother Norah asked, "Our flight to Seattle leaves in a couple of hours. The stuff will arrive in a few days. Don't pack anything on the plane that you won't be needing. One purse, Khloe!" Her mother scolded from the hallway.

She crossed her arms over her chest as she rolled her eyes to the back of her head. Khloe loved her life in New York. She loved the house they lived in. She loved the shopping centers around. But most of all, she loved the plastic credit cards that Jordan, her soon to be ex step father, had provided her with.

She sighed, as she walked down the fancy staircase for the last time. Her mother was standing there with big red puffy eyes. She had found out Jordan had been cheating on her, and asked him for a divorce immediately, which meant she and Khloe were now moving back to the place where Khloe's father was born, and where Khloe had spent the first six years of her life. La Push, Washington. Khloe thought it was the most boring place in the world.

"Mom," Khloe whined, "Why do we have to go back to La Push? It's so boring there."

"Khloe, it's where your father was born. The only family we have left is in La Push. It's a beautiful place which is rich in history', I don't see why you dislike it."

"But not rich in money which is what really matters."

Norah shook her head. She had been raised in a home where money was tight, therefore she never really cared if she had it or not. As long as she had a home over her head, and food in her stomach she was fine. However, her daughter Khloe was the complete opposite. Khloe, who had been taken to New York and given a life of luxury at only six years old had not yet developed respect for a dollar.

"You'll be seeing your cousins again. You and Quil used to be really close."

"When we were like six." Khloe muttered, "I'm sure we have nothing in common now. Unless he's gay. I wouldn't mind having a shopping partner. There are shopping malls there. . . right?"

"Not on the reservation or in Forks. You'll have to travel to Port Angeles for that. Khloe, you are aware we're not going to have as much money, right? Hunny, Jordan and I are getting divorced. You know I don't make much money as a teacher."

"Mom! I have certain standards that I must live up to." Khloe replied selfishly.

"Well, starting this month you have an allowance. I'm only giving you fifty dollars a month. If your standards go over that, then I suggest getting a job."

Khloe's mouth dropped upon hearing this news. She had never worked for anything in her life. Or at least she couldn't remember working for anything. She couldn't believe her once perfect life was now crumbling before her very eyes.

The pack of La Push were patrolling through the woods. Sam had everyone running extra shifts since The Cullen's had came back. Each of the wolves disliked the return of the vampires. Jacob mostly because it meant Bella was no longer in his reach.

"Okay, Quil, Embry, Jacob, and Paul. Your shifts are over." Sam said.

The four boys returned to where their shorts were hanging and phased back, changing into the clothing quickly. Quil looked over at Embry and chuckled as Jacob pushed him towards a tree as he attempted to pull his shorts up.

"Oh shit. I've got to get home." Quil said.

"Why?" Jacob asked.

"My aunt and cousin are moving back to La Push. I've got to help mom fix up the guest rooms."

"Which aunt and cousin?"

"Norah and Khloe. The ones who have been living in New York for the last ten or so years. My aunt caught her asshole of a husband cheating on her. She's divorcing him, and her and Khloe are moving back."

"Isn't Khloe like a year older than us?"

"Yeah."

"So, Is Norah your dad's sister?" Embry asked.

"No. My dad had a younger brother named Rex. Norah and he married right after high school, but he passed away when he was sort of young. Khloe was only like two when he passed."

"That sucks." Jacob commented.

"What are you fucking pups talking about?" Paul asked, walking over.

"Just about my cousin coming back to La Push." Quil answered his question.

"Your cousin? Don't tell me he'll be another fucking shape shifter. We don't need anymore little pups who don't know what their doing running around here." Paul replied bitterly. He hated teaching new kids the ropes of being a shape shifter.

"Actually, I don't think we'll be having to deal with that. My cousin isn't full Quilette, only half. Not to mention, Khloe is a girl."

"A girl, huh?" Paul smirked, "I might just have to meet her then. When does she arrive?"

"Tomorrow morning." Quil said, "Paul, you're not going after my cousin. I will seriously break your face."

"Whatever kid, I wouldn't hook up with an Ateara anyways." Paul chuckled, "Well boys, I'm off to go see Carissa. Have fun playing with yourselves, and Quil, have fun day dreaming about the day when Claire finally reaches puberty."

Quil could feel himself getting angry when Paul commented about his imprint, but Jacob patted him on the shoulder and calmed things down. Quil hated being teased about his imprint. She was a two year old girl. He only wished Paul would feel that way about someone so he would know what it was like.