The One

Roses

Khloe walked into school the next morning, and headed straight to her locker. She grabbed her books and then headed off to the first period class. Quil had told her Sam had called for a pack meeting, so she knew they would probably be late coming to class. This saddened her, because for some odd reason, she just couldn't wait to see Paul.

The door opened up and in walked Jared and Paul. They apologized briefly to the teacher and then walked to their seats. Paul flashed Khloe a smile as he sat down in front of her. She could tell by the bags forming under his eyes that he was running low on energy. He was in desperate need of sleep.

He kept yawning throughout the entire class, and it shattered her heart to know that he was that tired, but couldn't do anything about it. She frowned as the bell rang, and he raised from his seat. He turned around and picked up her books.

"You look tired." She whispered.

"I am, but at least I have tonight off. Quil and Embry are saying their gonna spend the night at Jake's house, so I can catch up on sleep then."

"You need to go home and get some sleep as soon as schools over."

"No way. I'm spending some time with my girlfriend first."

She giggled, and they walked to their next class. It was English, and they were watching some sort of film. Paul and Jared both slept through the hour long class, while Khloe tried to pay attention and jolt down notes in case they had a quiz over it later. She figured the two of them could read her notes, and possibly then pass the test.

At lunch, all of the pack seemed tired, and then she remembered the pack meeting this morning. She wanted to question them on what happened, but she figured she should wait until later. She heard them talking about something among themselves, and it was obvious that they were trying to keep it from the imprints.

At the end of the day, Paul asked if she wanted to come over to his house for a bit. His mom was working in town, and his father had left them along time ago, so they would have the house to themselves. She nodded her head, and Quil was going to let her mom know she wouldn't be back until later.

As she walked inside Paul's house, she immediately took in the scent of roses. It seemed to be the general theme of his living room, and there was many rose scented candles that were spread across the living room.

"Mom loves the scent of roses."

"It's a nice scent."

He yawned and she frowned. The two of them walked over to the couch and sat down. She felt so nervous around him. Butterflies were swarming all around in her stomach. She had never felt like this about anyone before.

"You should really get some sleep, Paul."

"I will later. Is it a crime that I want to spend some time with my girlfriend?" He asked.

She giggled, "No, I guess not."

They sat there in silence for awhile. Paul really didn't even know what to say or do. He had never had trouble with talking to a girl before, but when Khloe was around he couldn't even form one witty sentence. He was crazy over a girl he hadn't even kissed yet!

"So, what was the meeting about?" She asked.

He groaned, "Just stupid stuff."

"Like what?"

He sighed. he honestly didn't want to tell her about the vampires who could possibly be coming near La Push. He didn't want to scare her. It was bad enough with the Cullen's living so close, but just the thought of another vampire, let alone, an army of vampires being near Khloe made him angry.

"Tell me, Paul. Please."

He sighed, unable to tell her no. The power of the imprint sucked sometimes. "There might possibly be more vampires coming to Forks."

"Why?"

"The leeches. . . Cullens, believe that they are trying to get revenge. They killed on of theirs a year or so ago, and now the female mate of him is going to try to kill Bella."

"Bella Swan?"

"Yeah."

"My God! You guys can't let anyone hurt her."

Khloe felt bad for Bella. It must be really scary to have vampires chasing after you.

"We're going to protect La Push, and every human we can. Bella has vampires protecting her as well. We just need to make sure they don't hurt any humans."

"When are they coming?"

"Not sure. One of the Cullen's can see the future and is suppose to let us know." He said with a slight yawn.

She frowned, "It'll be okay. You need your rest."

"No. Don't go now, stay."

"Paul, you can hardly keep your eyes open."

He groaned, "But. . . I have tomorrow off from Patrolling. I can come see you then, right?"

"Yeah."

"I'll take you out. I promise." He smiled.

She hugged him goodbye, and felt butterflies swarm in her stomach as he pressed his hot lips against her forehead. She couldn't wait until tomorrow!
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
I'm sorry to say, but this story isn't very long (18 chapters). I think I'm losing my twilight mojo right now. I may come back later and do some more. But I think once this story, and Jasper (ends on 30) is over, then I may not do twilight for awhile. I just need to come up with more ideas and such for them. I'm really disappointed in the outcome of both of the stories, but I didn't want to put anything on hold for ages and leave you all hanging.