The One

Vampire

Khloe was soon standing in a beautiful meadow. Paul had left to go shift back into his human form. She stood there in amazement as she glanced around. It was the most beautiful sight her eyes had ever saw. It was fall, and all the trees were turning such an amazing color.

"You like it?" He asked.

She spun around and saw him standing there shirtless in front of her. A pair of simple ripped jean shorts were the only thing on his body as he walked forward to her. She smiled softly and nodded her head. He reach for her hand, and pulled her into a hug that she wasn't expecting. She giggled softly as she laid her head against his bare warm chest.

In that moment she realized how much things had changed for her. She used to be a snobby little rich girl who didn't care about anyone. The only thing she cared about was what she was wearing, and the latest designer bag. She was now a girl who could care less about that. Her biggest worry now was the boy she was hugging. She knew it was probably the power of the imprint which made her fall for him this quickly, but there was no denying her feelings for Paul. They were growing by the second, and her heart was feeling complete for the first time in a long time.

She had always thought she felt empty because she didn't have enough material items. She always bought things that she thought would make her happy. They made her happy, but only for a short matter of time. Material items became old and worn, and lost a place in her heart.

Paul though was different. When she was around him she felt like the missing void in her heart was filled. That was something she hadn't felt since her father had passed away.

"How did you find this place?" She managed to ask after awhile.

"We killed a blood sucker here not too long ago. I always liked it, and thought about coming back one day. I just had to wait for a special person to bring."

She smiled, "I'm the special person?" She asked.

"Of course. I'm sorry I was a dick to you when we first met." He sighed.

"You've apologized for that a million times."

"I know, but I still want to do it again. I'm just so thankful you're giving me a chance."

She looked up into his chocolate eyes and smiled brightly. She was actually glad he was giving her a chance. She had came to the reservation and disrespected everything they stood for. She was surprised they hadn't kicked her out yet.

Paul smiled down at her, and tried fighting off the urge to lean down and press his lips against hers. He knew she wanted to take things slow, but this was painfully slow. He wanted to taste her. He couldn't help himself from leaning down and pressing his lips against hers. She didn't pull away, and he was happy with this.

She wrapped her small hands around his neck and brought his lips down on hers harder. She had kissed many guys in her life, not none of them made her feel so alive. Paul groaned into the kiss, and nibbled slightly on her bottom lip with his teeth. She pulled away from the kiss, and placed her lips against his throat, and began sucking lightly. She didn't care about taking things slow now. This all felt way too right to take slow.

Paul growled lowly, and then attached his lips to hers once again. She tasted so sweet. It was like coconut and strawberries mixed together. He couldn't stop himself from deepening the kiss. He slowly pushed his tongue through the middle of her lips and began exploring every inch of her mouth.

The kiss, which was going amazing was soon interrupted. Paul caught scent of something burning, and knew immediately they were in danger. He pulled away from her and then allowed his eyes to scan around the meadow. He was praying it was a Cullen, but had a gut wrenching feeling that it wasn't.

He held Khloe to him closely as he starred deep into the forests. He could see a blur moving around and knew he needed to prepare himself.

"Khloe. There's a vampire in the forest. I'm going to phase really quick. Don't be scared okay? Nothing is going to happen to you."

She nodded her head and he walked a bit away from her and then phased into his huge wolf form. He quickly stood by Khloe's side as he surveyed the moving blur. It seemed like they were fucking with him. Moving from one side of the forest to the other, tempting him to come. He wasn't going to leave Khloe. He wasn't stupid.

He could hear Quil and Jacob in his thoughts and knew they were also phased.

"Get to the meadow NOW!" Paul screamed in his thoughts, "I've got Khloe here, and there's a vampire running around in circles."

He heard the guys tell him they were on his way and he kept his eyes on guard. He would rip any leech apart if they came anywhere near Khloe.

Khloe watched as two other large wolves appeared in the meadow. They howled loudly, and then ran off into the forest. Paul hadn't left her side. He was still in his wolf form, and she felt safe even though she knew there were a lurking vampire around.

"We're chasing her towards Canada. Get Khloe home." Jacob said.

The large Grey wolf moved it's heard, and she knew what he wanted. She slowly climbed on it's back, and then she felt the wind blowing through her hair as she raced through the forest.

Before she knew it she was in Jacob Black's back yard. She climbed off the Paul's back, and then he walked back into the woods and transferred back into his human form.

"I'm taking you home, and then I need to go back out, okay?"

"But. . ."

"I've got to."

"Paul. . ." She whined, "What if you get hurt?"

"I'm not going to get hurt." He said, kissing her forehead.

She frowned as she watched him run back into the forest after dropping her off. She could see how involved her heart was getting. She was actually horrified that something would happen to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image