The One

Cocky

Khloe was waiting up for Quil to get home. She needed to know if they had got the vampire or not. She was so worried that something would happen to her boyfriend. Even though she and Paul hadn't been together long, she had already developed strong feelings towards him. She knew it was probably the imprint part of their relationship talking, but she didn't care. She had never cared about anyone like this in her entire life, and she liked it.

She heard some noise coming from Quil's bedroom and made her way down the hallway. She pushed open the door and saw her cousin climbing in the window quietly. Trying his best not to wake anyone up. As he turned around, he grabbed to his heart.

"You scared the shit out of me." Quil hissed.

"Sorry. Is Paul okay?"

"He's fine. We didn't get the leech though. They got away."

She frowned, and then walked out of Quil's room and into her own. She laid down on her bed and starred up at the ceiling for awhile. She couldn't believe she had come to La Push and found herself a boyfriend. She couldn't believe her boyfriend was a shape shifter. She couldn't believe she had managed to live without shopping malls or excessive amounts of money. She was doing just fine away from New York, which is something she didn't ever think was possible. Her eyes closed as she thought about how much her life had changed over the past couple of weeks.

Khloe woke up to a noise on her window. She tossed the covers off her legs and walked over and starred out the glass. She smiled when she saw Paul standing there. She fumbled with the window, and eventually pushed it up. Before she could even say anything, Paul was sticking his head through and placing a soft kiss on her lips. She giggled softly.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"I'm upset you think a leech could hurt me." He said.

She rolled her eyes, "Don't be cocky."

He smirked, "Meet me out front."

"What? I haven't showered. . . I just woke up!"

"Who cares?" He laughed, "I haven't sleep but two hours. Now get your cute ass out front now."

She smiled and then walked out front to meet up with him. She was wearing a tank top and a pair of sweat pants and felt very self conscious. She didn't like Paul to see her unless she was dressed up, and now he was seeing her at her very worse.

"You look amazing." He said, leaning down and kissing her softly.

"I have on no make-up. My hair is a wreck, and my clothes are hideous. I don't look amazing."

He rolled his eyes, "You do too. You wanna walk down to the beach?"

"Can I go back in and change clothes?" She pouted.

"Hurry up!" He smirked.

She quickly changed into some jeans and a new shirt and then walked outside. She was happy to see Paul still standing there waiting for her. He held out his hand for her and she placed hers in his and they walked down to the beach in silence.

He sighed, "I think we're gonna have to deal with a lot of vampires soon."

"Why?"

"Because there was more than just one. We caught two different scents in the forest. Sam went to talk to the Cullens this morning, to see if they know something. It might be the redhead that was here awhile back, or it could be some new ones."

"What do you thinks going to happen?" She asked.

"I don't know, but if it's the red head, then we know she's after Bella."

"Don't let her hurt Bella, Paul. She's innocent."

He huffed, "Bella's not innocent."

"Why don't you like her?"

"Because she's put Jacob through hell for a bloodsucker."

"She loves her boyfriend."

"But Jacob loves her."

"You can't help who you love."

He smiled down at her and nodded his head. It's true you can't help who you love. You can't help who you're destined to love. He leaned down and pressed his mouth against hers.

"Let's just enjoy this day together and not worry about any blood suckers, okay?"

She nodded her head, and Paul pulled out a blanket for the two of them. He laid down on it and motioned for her to do the same. He wrapped his arms around her and she leaned back into the warmth of his body. It was a nice feeling to have someone who you loved, arms wrapped around you. Her eyes widened when the reality of what she had just admitted to herself hit her.

She loved Paul? She knew it was soon to toss that word around, but she couldn't think of another way to explain how she felt about him.

"What are you thinking about?" Paul asked.

"Just. . . us." She replied.

He smirked, "Good or bad?"

"Good."

He wrapped his arms tighter around her, and breathed in her intoxicating scent. He had never felt this way about a woman before in his entire life. He now knew what it was like for Sam and Emily.

"I've never felt this way about anyone before." He whispered.

She smiled, "Neither have I."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image