The One

Butterflies

Khloe smiled as she chatted with Kim at the lunch table. It had been about a week or so since she and Paul had went down to the beach. A week or so since she was sure she was either already in love with him, or falling in love with them. As each day passed, she found herself falling deeper and deeper for him. She smiled as he grabbed her hand under the table, but continued to talk to Jared and Quil. Something big was happening with vampires soon. Khloe didn't like to think about it, but Paul kept reminding her that he would be fine. He was made to destroy them.

"You gonna come over this afternoon?" He asked, "My mom is out of town and I figured you and I could watch some movies and spend some quality time together." He smiled.

"I would like that."

He smirked as he leaned over and pressed his lips against her cheek softly. Khloe blushed softly, and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. Once the bell rang everyone began spreading out in opposite directions. Khloe was so glad that she and Paul had a similar schedule. They held hands as they walked to class together.

Khloe noticed many of the girls that sat around Paul in class attempted to pass him notes. He just looked at them like they were stupid and passed the note back to them without saying a word. She felt her heart swell with joy when she realized he wasn't going to flirt with any other girl. She had remembered what he had told her about his ways before they got together. He had been with a different girl every week. They were merely flavors of the week to him. Now though, he seemed to be devoted only to her and that made her smile.

The day seemed to drag by, but finally the last class was over. Khloe was happy because she was spending the evening with Paul. She placed her books in her locker, and then took off down the hallway to find him. He was standing against his locker waiting for her.

"You wanna go straight over or home first?" He asked.

"I can go straight over. Let me find Quil and let him know to tell my mom."

She found Quil and Jacob and told him to tell her mom about her hanging at Paul's for the afternoon. He told her he would, and then they departed ways. She climbed inside Paul's truck, and he drove the mile to his house. She climbed out of his truck and walked inside the small house that he and his mother shared. She had never heard him talk about his dad, and she didn't want to bring him up.

"You better know how to cook woman." He smirked, as he pulled her into the kitchen.

"I hope you're joking." She giggled.

"Oh come on, baby!" Paul whined, "You don't know how to cook?"

"Not really." She smiled, "I never was a girl who just lounged around in the kitchen. I was more of the mall kind of girl."

He rolled his eyes playfully, "Well baby, you're in La Push now. We don't have malls."

She laughed, "I'm aware of that."

"Well then. Miss aware, let me teach you how to cook some dinner."

He taught her how to cook tacos. It wasn't really all that hard, but she knew it would take her awhile to catch onto the concept of cooking. She never had the urge to learn how before. There was always a fast food joint just a few minutes away if she got hungry and needed a quick fix. But now that she lived on La Push, and was dating Paul she knew that wasn't a big possibility. She was going to need to learn how to run a house hold and take care of a man.

They ate the tacos and decided to watch a few movies on the couch. Paul picked some action movie that Khloe really wasn't interested in. She didn't tell him that because he seemed so pumped up to watch it. She cuddled up close to him, and he pulled a blanket up over them. She didn't know why there was any need for the blanket. He kept her warm enough with his excessive body heat.

"You're not watching this movie, are you?" Paul asked after about thirty minutes.

She giggled, "Is it obvious?" She asked.

He reached over and grabbed the remote and turned the television off. He flicked on the light and starred at his girlfriend. He smirked softly, and then leaned over and brushed his lips against hers lightly. He couldn't believe he was actually this close to her without trying to take things to the next level. He had normally already slept with a girl, and here he was barely taking their relationship to a kiss. For the first time in his life, he felt nervous around a girl. Khloe gave him butterflies.

She pouted when his lips left hers, and scooted closer to him and kissed him again. She didn't know why he didn't seem to make a move on her. He was apparently a man whore before she came along, and now he would barely kiss her.

"Do you find me attractive?" She asked.

"What?" He asked confused, "Are you crazy? Of course I find you attractive. You're fucking beautiful."

"Oh, okay." She replied.

"Why?" He questioned.

"I dunno. . . it's just. . . you haven't tried to do anything with me besides kiss, and I know you're the type of guy to take it further. . . and I just thought you weren't attracted to me or something." She rambled on.

He shook his head, "It's because I'm nervous with you." He admitted, "You're the only girl who has ever managed to give me butterflies."

She smiled, "I give you butterflies?" She asked.

He chuckled, "Every single day!"

He leaned over and closed the distance between them. He kissed her softly, and then moved in for a more passionate kiss. He wasn't quite ready to take their relationship to the next level right now, but he knew that it was probably an option soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image