The One

Priceless

Paul and the rest of the pack were in the middle of the cleaning, prepared to cut the vampires off. He felt good about tonight, they all did. he just wanted to kick ass and then come back home to his girlfriend. He could then start a life with her without worrying about a stupid leech attacking them.

"I smell them." Sam hissed, "They are close. Prepare yourselves."

The eight wolves hunched down in a defensive position. Paul snarled, he truly couldn't wait to attack the vampires. He wanted to sink his teeth into them as soon as possible, and then get this over with. They had came early and started many fire pits around the clearing to dispose of their bodies.

The vampires emerged one by one and the look on their faces when the wolves were standing there waiting for them were priceless. They all stood dead in their tracks and looked around. Clearly, they weren't expecting the pack to be this big. The pack out numbered them, which meant it was going to be one on one combat.

Paul already knew which one he wanted. It was the guy who had went on the date with Khloe. He wanted to rip him to shreds more so than any other vampire. Just the thought of him being near Khloe made his blood boil.

"Go!" Sam demanded.

The wolves ran forward. The vampires tried to run in opposite directions, but it did no good. They were out numbered. Paul leaped on the back of the young male vampire and began sinking his teeth into his neck. Clearly, this was going to be one battle that was truly a piece of cake.

Khloe sat nervously looking out her window. A million thoughts were running through her head. She didn't want anyone to get hurt, and she honestly felt sort of bad over this all. She knew it was sort of her fault. She shouldn't have even went out with Bella. But how was she to know Bella was dating a vampire and he had a friend? She knew she couldn't have helped it, but it still angered her.

She just couldn't wait to see Paul come through the trees. She needed to see him. Her heart was aching with every minute he was away. She also wanted to see all of the other guys. She had come to love them all as brothers, especially Quil. He was her cousin, but he had also became like a best friend to her.

She thought about how miserable she was when she first came here, and laughed at herself. She was nothing but a stuck up brat. She had let material items rule her life. Now, by coming to La Push she had become a whole new person. She now knew how to love with her entire heart, and know that money wasn't that important. As long as you were surrounded by people you loved, then everything else would fall into place.

She smiled, thinking about spending the rest of her life on La Push. The rest of her life with Paul. She couldn't wait to finish school, possibly go to a local community college, and then start a family with him. That was her new dream.

It had been about an hour since the battle had begun, and only two vampires were standing now. Two females were all that was left, and they knew they would soon join the rest of their family.

"Paul, Jared, finish them off." Sam demanded, while the other wolves laid down and watched the show.

Paul and Jared didn't waste any time in dismembering the two women. They packed their body parts to the fire and placed them inside. They watched as their bodies burned to ash, and became no more.

"Let's go back home." Sam said.

Paul was more than happy to go home. He raced through the woods faster than any other wolf. He was excited to see his girlfriend again. Excited to tell her that no one was harmed, and nothing would ever get in the way of their relationship.

He transformed out of his wolf form and into human right outside her house. He pulled a pair of shorts up over him and then walked over to her bedroom window. It was open. He slowly pushed it up, while Quil snuck into his own bedroom. He climbed through the window and discovered Khloe sleeping on the bed. He smiled as he walked over to where she was sleeping. He kneel down beside her and kissed her cheek. She slowly stirred and when she realized he was there, she squealed out and tossed her arms around his neck.

"You're okay." She breathed.

"Told you I would be."

"And the others?"

"Fine. Everything is fine. It was easiest fight yet." He chuckled.

"I'm so thankful. I was so worried."

"No need to be worried. It's all over."

She pressed her lips against his and knew this is where she would always belong. She had found the one for her, and she never wanted to leave his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

The end. My apologies for being short.