The One

Prissy

Khloe looked around the room that was now her bedroom. Her things had finally arrived, and now they were scattered around the room, however it still didn't feel like home to it. It was so tiny, and she really hated being away from New York. It had been a week since she and her mother had left the city, and she didn't know it would possible to miss somewhere so much. She sighed, as she looked at the calender hanging on the back of her door. School in La Push was about to start. She couldn't believe she was enrolled to attend school on the reservation. She had begged and pleaded with her mom to at least allow her to attend the school in Forks, but Norah refused.

She walked out of her bedroom and into the living room where her aunt and uncle sat. Her mom was out trying to find a job before the new school year started. She had a job interview with someone at Forks. Khloe didn't understand why her mom could work at Forks, but she couldn't attend. It made no sense to her at all.

"You've not been out of this house since you arrived, Khloe." Her uncle Quil pointed out.

"Just not really interested in going, I guess."

"You should go out with Quil and his friends today, sweetie. Have some fun." Her aunt Hope suggested.

She groaned. Hanging out with her cousin and his steroid built friends was not how she wanted to spend her day. She would much rather spend it on her laptop searching the latest fashion trends. However, internet connection in La Push was so slow that it took at least twenty minutes to load up one web page.

"I'm going out with the boys." Quil said, walking into the room.

He wasn't wearing a shirt, just a pair of shorts. It was really the only thing Khloe ever saw him in. It seemed like he and his friends were trying to start a trend on La Push.

"Wait for Khloe. I think she's going to go with you, Quil." Sr. Quil said.

"We're going cliff diving. Are you sure you want to?" Quil asked, turning around to face her.

Her eyebrows met in the middle, and before she had time to open her mouth and say she had other plans. Her aunt Hope had spoke up and said she was tagging along. She didn't really know what to say, so she mumbled she'd be right back and walked into her room and changed into something more suitable. She slipped on a pair of jeans and a t shirt.

She walked up to the cliffs with Quil in silence. She hadn't really spent much time with him since she had returned to La Push. She hadn't spent much time out of her room.

"We tend to get a little crazy," Quil explained to her, "But we're only horsing around."

She nodded her head, and still didn't speak a word as she followed him up the hill. She saw Embry,and Jacob along with an older guy sitting on a log talking. The three of them stood when they saw Quil approach.

"You brought Miss New York." Embry stated.

"Yeah, about time she got out of the house. Khloe, this is Sam. I don't think the two of you have met yet."

Sam smiled, and extended his hand to Khloe. She shook it, and walked over to the edge of the cliffs and looked down. Her eyes widened a tad when she saw how far the boys would be jumping. She couldn't believe they would actually do this. Who in their right mind would jump off a cliff this high?

"Jared and Paul are on their way." Jacob said.

"Yeah, they are just changing." Embry said with a half smile.

Khloe didn't know why, but for some reason she felt like Embry's sentence had a hidden meaning. He made a weird face towards the other guys who just seemed to smirk and brush it off. She sighed, as she walked over and sat down on the same log that the boys had been earlier. She watched as a Embry and Quil started shoving each other back and forth.

"Are you liking La Push so far?" Jacob asked, sitting down next to her.

"Honestly?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"I'm used to New York, I can't. . . this isn't home to me."

"But you were born here. Wasn't your dad Quilette?"

"Yeah, but. . . I don't know, I guess it's where I left when I was so young. I miss the malls, the phone service, the internet, the. . . everything. New York City was my home, not La Push, Washington."

Jacob laughed, "You're one of those prissy girls."

"I am not!" She protested, "I am not prissy at all."

"Are too. You're the type who can't leave the house unless she's all dolled up."

"I'm not dolled up right now."

Jacob looked down and surveyed her. She had on a light dusting of make-up, and her hair was curled to perfection hanging loosely down her body. Over her torso was a shirt with some sort of graphic designs on it. He recognized it to be expensive though. Her jeans had rippings in places, but he could tell that she had probably paid big money for those rips.

"Let me guess, the outfit you have on right now probably cost more than a hundred dollars."

She surveyed her outfit and realized it did probably cost way over a hundred dollars. Her jeans alone were eighty due to the brand. She looked at him and nodded her head, he shook his in return.

"You're in La Push now, Khloe. Little bit of information, people around here could care less who the most popular designer is now." Jacob laughed.

He was going to say something else but the loud laughter of Jared and Paul caught his attention. He looked towards the two of them and smiled as he got up and ran over to join them. They were going to be pushing Jared off the cliff in just a matter of moments, and he wanted to be in on the fun.

Paul joined the group and noticed Sam had a look on his face that told him he needed to say something. He and Jared both walked over to him.

"Quil brought his cousin today, so keep the wolf talk low profile."

"The chick from New York?" Jared asked.

"Yeah, she's sitting on the log."

Paul adverted his eyes to the log, and that's when his world began to shift. Her dark skin seemed to be glowing, as his dark eyes burned into hers. She looked like an angel, and he wondered if God had placed her on this earth for just him. He swallowed hard as he studied every detail of her perfect flawless face. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever saw.

"Paul?" Sam asked, and then looked to where Paul was starring and laughed. "Congratulations." Sam smirked.