The One

Kicking IN

Khloe looked through all of her clothes, trying to find something suitable enough to wear for her night out with Bella. She was looking forward to getting off the reservation. She hadn't really been in Forks yet, and she was excited to see the town. School started for her in two days, and she wanted to have some fun before then.

She changed into a pair of designer jeans that hugged her body perfectly, and a black tank top, that showed a little cleavage. She placed a small white jacket over it, and then pulled her hair down from the clip and allowed it to fall down over her shoulders. Her make-up had already been done to perfection, and she was wearing her favorite necklace and bracelet. She slipped on a pair of heels, and then grabbed her designer Coach bag and walked into the living room to wait for Bella.

Bella had phoned her earlier and told her she may be a few minutes late. She was going to once again try to take to Jacob and make him understand things. Khloe really didn't know the entire story about what was going on between the two of them. It wasn't any of her business.

There was a knocking on the door and she answered it, smiling as she saw Bella standing in front of her, in all her plaid glory. She didn't say a word as they walked over and climbed inside her ancient truck.

"My boyfriend wanted to know if he could tag along. Would you mind?"

"I don't mind." Khloe stated.

"He has a friend of the family in from Alaska too. His name is Brandon. Is it okay if he comes as well?"

Khloe smiled, "The more the merrier."

Jacob walked into Sam's house and saw all of the pack sitting there. He was angry and needed to calm down before he phased. Bella had come and tried to make him understand how she couldn't pick him over the blood sucker. He didn't understand her reasons, and he never would. He probably would have phased and ran off in the woods, if he didn't think he needed to inform the pack on what was going on.

"What's wrong with you?" Jared asked, noticing his anger.

"Fucking Bella-- but that's not what I came to bitch about. Did you guys know Khloe's going out with Bella tonight?"

"She mentioned going out with a friend." Quil said.

"Well, Bella stopped by and told me Edward and some other punk vampire from Alaska is joining them. So, Quil your cousin is going to be hanging with leeches tonight."

Paul looked at Jacob with disgust. His hands were clutched tightly into fist, and he could feel himself growing angrier with every minute that passed. He would not allow her to be around an vampire. He wouldn't dare allow her to befriend those leeches.

"Khloe isn't the type of girl whose going to listen if we just walk in there and tell her she needs to leave. She'll demand an explanation or she isn't going to move from her seat." Quil stated.

"She sure the fuck isn't going to sit there with a fucking table of leeches." Paul hissed, as he stormed out of the house.

Sam groaned loudly. The imprint affect was kicking in, and kicking in hard core.

"Everyone needs to go with him. He'll lose his temper." Sam demanded, and everyone followed.

Paul was already in his truck and speeding towards the location where Khloe and the leeches were. He couldn't believe she was so close to them. So close, and so unprotected.

Khloe was sitting beside some guy that she didn't even know. He talked like he was from a different time, and he and Edward shared the same pale skin and topaz colored eyes. She really didn't find him that interesting. He looked at her like she was something to eat, rather than a person.

"So, how old are you?" Brandon asked her.

"Seventeen. You're eighteen right?"

He smirked, and looked like he was hiding something, "Yeah, eighteen."

Before any more questions could be asked, the front door of the diner swung open and Khloe looked up and saw the asshole from the cliffs walk in without a shirt on, and looking very angry. She could practically see the veins getting ready to pop. Both Brandon and Edward tensed up, and she could feel the tension between them. Soon, Quil, Embry, Jacob, Jared, and Sam were all standing behind him.

"Paul, calm down." She heard Sam tell him.

"Khloe, move." Paul hissed.

She burrowed her brows together. Why would she listen to him?

"Excuse me?" She asked.

"Go outside." He spat.

"I'm not moving."

"Khloe, listen to him." Quil instructed, "He'll explain everything later."

"I'm not explaining shit. Get the fuck outside." He spat.

She could see how angry he was, and looked at Bella and the guys. She then moved out of the booth and walked out of the diner. Jacob and Quil followed her out. She didn't know what was going on.

Paul starred at the vampires in the booth, "If either of you fucking come near her again. I will kill you. You stupid fucking leeches." He hissed.

He shoved past his pack members and walked outside. He saw Quil and Jacob standing there talking to Khloe. She had her arms crossed over her chest, and a look of confusion across her face. She turned around and looked him dead in the eyes, and that's when he knew he couldn't keep this from her. She needed to know.

"I'll give Khloe a ride home." Paul said, and motioned for her to come to his truck.

She slowly walked over to his truck, not knowing why she was even doing it. He had done nothing but be an asshole to her. She climbed inside the large black truck, and he buckled his seat belt, and told her to do the same as he drove out of the parking lot. She didn't know what was going on, but she had a feeling that she was going to know everything soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image