The One

Calming Down

Khloe sighed as she sat down on the edge of the bed. She was suppose to leave for school any minute, but Quil hadn't came and knocked on her door yet. She sighed, as she heard the knocking, and stood up and made an exit from her bedroom. She smiled softly at her cousin, and then they walked out of the house and began down the road to the school.

"Paul wants to talk to you." Quil informed her.

"I don't want to talk to him." Khloe said.

She hadn't talked to him since that night in his truck. She thought it would be better if they didn't talk. He didn't have to worry about her, and he could go out with every woman he wanted. As she and Quil walked into the small parking lot of the school she noticed Paul leaned up against the hood of his truck. His eyes were glued on hers as she walked in through the front entrance. She could hear him groan loudly behind her.

She had to deal with a few things in the office so she went and done that. Expecting Paul to be in class by the time she came out. Once she finished everything and got her schedule, and locker number and combination, she exited the office. She was surprised to see Paul waiting by the door for her.

"What are you doing?" She asked, "Shouldn't you be in class."

"I wanted to talk to you." He said, in a calm tone. A tone she hadn't heard before.

"I need to get to class." She muttered.

"You're already late. What's five more minutes?"

"We have nothing to talk about." She said, walking down the hallway.

He was walking beside her and she knew she wouldn't be able to go in class without at least talking to him first. It was appearance that he wasn't going to give up. She turned to face him and starred deep into his coffee colored eyes.

"What?"

"I'm sorry for whatever I said the other night that pissed you off. . . I just don't. . . This imprint stuff is new to me. I didn't know how to take it."

"You think it's not new to me?"

"I know. . . just, can. . . could we start over?" He asked.

She sighed, and ran a hand through her long hair. She felt a certain pull towards him. A pull she could not ignore no matter how much she wanted to hate this guy. She nodded her head, and a smirk began to appear across his lips, as he extended his hand.

"Paul Parker."

She giggled, "Khloe Ateara."

They stood there for a few minutes with their hands connected, starring into each others eyes. They probably would have stayed in that position all day if the principal hadn't came down the hallway, broke them up, and told them to get to their scheduled class.

Her classes were split up between most of the pack. Jared had introduced her to his girlfriend Kim, and she was thankful to know another girl. The best thing was Kim knew about the pack, therefore she knew about how weird this all was. Khloe could see herself and Kim getting really close.

At lunch she sat with her cousin and the pack. Paul sat across from her, though he seemed aggravated about something.

"Paul, calm down man." Jared said to him.

"What's he mad about?" Khloe asked Quil.

"Paul and this guy named Brandon have never got along. They've been in like six fights since grade school. He started trash talking Paul again this morning."

"Paul, you need to go outside man. You're way too worked up." Jacob said.

Paul punched the lunch room table, and then got up and quickly stormed out of the cafeteria. Khloe looked over at her cousin and sighed.

"Shouldn't someone go check on him?" She asked.

"He just needs to calm down." Quil said.

"No one can calm Paul down." Jared said, shaking his head.

"I'll try." Khloe said.

Quil grabbed her arm and shook his head.

"He's dangerous right now, Khloe."

"He won't hurt me." She said, getting up and going out the same door as he had minutes prior.

She found him leaned up against a tree breathing heavily.

"Paul?"

He turned around and she could tell he was probably on the verge of shifting.

"Stay back." He muttered.

"Calm down." She sighed, "People are around."

"Khloe, seriously, stay back."

She shook her head and walked closer. He tensed up. She did something she never thought she would do, and she was positive he was surprised as well. She wrapped her arms around him, and placed her head down on his chest. She listened to the quick beating of his heart.

He swallowed hard trying to compose himself. He wouldn't hurt her. He slowly calmed down, and returned her hug.

"Thank you." He said.

She moved away from him and smiled. "I guess that's what I'm here for. Keep your ass in line." She giggled.

He chuckled, "I guess so."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image