The One

A Chance

Khloe sat on her bed crossed legged, doing her home work. It had been an interesting first day at school. She finished doing the questions for the History chapter and then placed all the books down on the floor. She leaned back in her bed and starred up at the ceiling. She heard a loud noise coming from outside her window and she burrowed her brows together. She got up and walked over. She looked out the glass and saw most of the pack in her back yard, wrestling around. She smiled as she watched Jared and Paul go back and forth.

Quil saw her and smiled at his cousin and motioned her to come out. She shook her head no, and that's when she noticed Paul smiling at her. He was already starting to walk towards her window. She nibbled slightly on her bottom lip as she used every ounce of force she had to lift the window. By the time she pushed it up, he was standing by it.

"You're not going to come out?" He asked.

"Why should I? I can't roll around in the mud with you guys." She giggled.

He smiled, "You want to take a walk with me instead?"

She nodded her head, and closed her window. She placed a light jacket over her bare arms and walked outside of the house, meeting Paul in the back yard. He looked back at the pack, and waved them goodbye as he and Khloe began walking down to the beach in silence.

Paul took in a deep breath, "So. I really need to thank you for today, Khloe."

"You already thanked me." She reminded him.

He smiled, "Yeah, but I need to again. I really do lose my temper. I'm hot headed. I can be a bit forceful and controlling at times as well. Not to mention I'm a cocky asshole."

She laughed, "You sound so amazing." She joked.

He smirked, "Really though. I would have lost it today if you wouldn't have calmed me down."

"I told you. That's what I'm here for."

"I think you're here for more than just calming me down." He whispered.

She looked over at him and could swear she saw a light hint of a blush in his cheeks. Paul would never be the type of guy to admit it though, so she just continued walking. Soon they had arrived at the end of the beach.

"I don't want to go out with all of these different girls anymore." He admitted, "I. . . I know I might sound insane, but I want to give us a try, Khloe. I want to see if we could have what Sam and Emily have. I know you hardly know me, and what you do know about me is probably not good, but. . . are you willing to give me a chance?" Paul asked.

Khloe's mouth was open in shock as she starred at him. He was asking her to be in a relationship with him. She hadn't even got used to living in La Push. She was still missing New York and all of it's luxuries.

"I'm not sure if I'm the type of girl you're used to." She blurted out.

"I know you're not. That's whats so good about you."

She breathed in deeply, "Okay. We can give it a try." She said, unable to say no.

He smiled as he pulled her into a hug. She laid her head against his chest, and the heat from his body nearly burned her cheeks. She smiled as she looked up at him. He seemed extremely happy.

"Can we take things slow?" She asked in a whisper. She knew he got around, and she wasn't the type of girl who would just sleep with a guy on the first date.

Paul nodded, "Slow." He agreed, kissing her forehead. "Let's go tell the pack."

She giggled and placed her hand in his as they walked back to the pack. She could feel butterflies swarming around in her stomach as she kept stealing glances at him.

As they approached the pack, neither of them had to say a word. Everyone immediately began congratulating them. She wondered if they could communicate through their minds as they were in human form as well.

"So, you're dating a wolf now." Sam laughed, "I guess you're a little tougher than we thought New York." He said, using a little nick name for her.

"I guess I am." She smiled.

"She'll have her first bonfire this weekend." Quil informed them, "Well, not her first." He took his statement back, "But her first since she was like five."

"What happens at the bonfires?" She asked.

"The elders tell stories, and then we just sit around and stuff." Jared said.

She nodded her head, and Sam assigned duties for patrolling. Sadly, and much to Paul's disappointment, he was on patrol tonight. He sighed, and told the boys he would be in the forest as soon as he walked Khloe home.

She smiled up at him as they neared her home. He didn't look happy.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's the third night in a row for me." He groaned, "Embry and Quil can't patrol because families wont let them out, so the rest of us have to pull more weight during nights."

"I'm sorry."

He half smiled, leaning down and pressing his lips against her forehead. "It's fine. I'll see you at school tomorrow, okay?"

She nodded, "Will you get any rest?" She asked.

He shrugged, "I'll get home and get a shower. That's about it."

"You don't sleep?" She asked.

"Hardly." He replied, kissing her once again on the forehead, "I got to go. I'll see you tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image