Tainted Love

Eyes Like the Skies

Her stormy grey eyes... the hair that plastered to her thin pale face...

"Tre, get out of the fucking car before I have to do it for you."

Tre jerked his head up suddenly, only to hit the window. He could feel the cold patch on his forehead where he had leant against the icy glass, watching the rain slowly slide down it. Of course, his thoughts were full of that woman. He was so desperate to remember who she was, from her delicate face right down to the shoes she was wearing. Every little piece of that mysterious girl mattered -

"TRE!"

"Alright, alright... jeez..."

He watched the lead singer run a calloused hand over his tired face. Feeling slightly guilty, Tre knew that Billie's terrible mood couldn't have improved after dropping his coffee.

Mike turned to where Tre sat in the backseat. "Tre, do you think you could get to the studio by yourself tomorrow?" His eyes quickly flitted toward Billie beside him. "I... I don't think it'd be a good idea for all of us to be so - er - confined. Together." He raised his eyebrows apologetically.

Giving a mock sigh, Tre reluctantly nodded before dragging himself out of the warm car. The rain was still coming down as relentlessly as before - but now he felt no need to run for shelter. It was oddly satisfying, feeling sheets of icy rain slowly trickle down his back without a care in the world.

As Billie's car did a quick u-turn away from his gate, it was with a heavy heart that the drummer made his way down the gravelled driveway toward his needlessly large house. The house that could accomodate so many people, but only housed one. A lonely rockstar, divorced twice and a father of two, living all alone. So oten he helped write songs about lost love - but he had honestly felt the feeling for too long.

He let our a mournful sigh. Maybe he did want to settle down, once and for all. And yet the expectation was for him to act like a typical rockstar; stupid, abusive of various substances and likely to have a one night stand more often than what was considered normal.

He unlocked the front door and revealed the ever familiar interior of his home. Dropping the keys on the small table beside him, he made his way across the tiled entrance hall floor and into the kitchen. His answering machine remained uselessly blank, as always.

Maybe a bit of alcohol would take the loneliness away...

Tre poured himself a glass of gin and took a seat by his mostly windowed kitchen wall. Still in his wet clothes, he stared blankly across his manicured lawn while the rain gushed from the heavens above.

But again his thoughts were interrupted by that mystifying question: Who was she? The girl with the eyes that perfectly matched the skies?