Dear Black Goodbye

Dear Black Goodbye - Five

*Hey,* I said blushing a bit.

*Hey what are you skipping?* He asked.

*Gym,* I replied.

*Cool. I’m going to skip the rest of fourth period with some friends. Wanna come?* He asked.

*Uh sure,* I replied shyly. We started walking deeper into the parking lot. There was a group of people standing around some of the cars. Some of which I knew and some I didn’t. they looked like cool people. Which made me sort of nervous. I hated how nervous I got around people. They all probably thought I was really weird. Gerard stepped into the group. They all turned to greet him.

*Hey Gee!* One of the guys said. He had the craziest hair. It was a huge afro.

*Hey guys. This is Maura Acosta,* He said introducing me.

*Can I pat your hair? * I asked turning to the kid with the afro. Then I mentally slapped myself. Time to make a good impression and I say that? To my surprise he laughed.

*Yeah sure,* He said. I stood up on tip toe and patted his hair. It was surprisingly soft. Then the bell rang in the distance. Great another class. Some of the kids put out their cigarettes and separated. Gerard and I made our way back up to the school.

*Maura I have a question,* Gerard said.

*Yeah,* I said,

*Do you want to hang out today?* He asked.

*Sure. I’ll give you my phone number and we can meet up after school or something,* I said. He laughed.

*I meant now. We can just leave. I have a car,* He said. I nodded my head. We walked into the school. I went to my locker and grabbed my stuff. Also getting a note my mom wrote up. It had her signature and everything. All I have to do is put the reason why I left. There only supposed to be used for emergency’s, but who really cares? I know I don’t. I went to the office and gave them the small slip of paper. They let me leave when I said Gerard’s car was my moms. His car wasn’t that bad. I got into the passenger seat. Gerard smiled at me and blasted the music as we pulled out of the school and drove away.

*So where are we going?* I asked five minutes later. Gerard turned to me and smiled.

*Right now I have no clue,* He said. Well that was okay. As long as we weren’t in school. Still this was a little weird. Didn’t I just meet this guy yesterday? Oh well. Commen sense was never really my thing. Finally we reached a stop. We were back at the carnival grounds. No one was there. The carnival was being packed up. Gerard and I went to the clearing that we first hung out in. I sat down on the ground. Then my cell started ringing. Confused I picked it up.

*Hello?* I asked.

*Where the hell are you?* It was Mio. Now I really was confused. Wasn’t she in school?

*How do you know I left school?* I asked.

*Well I was skipping and I saw you get into a strange car,* She explained.

*Oh I’m skipping right now too. I used one of my moms notes,* I said.

*Who are you skipping with?* She asked.

*Gerard,* I replied simply. He looked over to me. I rolled my eyes.

*Bring him over!* She said excitedly.

*Do you want to meet my friend MiO?* I asked him.

*Sure why not,* He answered.

*Okay well we’ll be there soon. Bye,* I said hanging up. We left the clearing. I was slightly regretting this already. Mio would tear Gerard apart. With questions that is. Its just the way Mio is. You could call it deathly curious. We climbed into the car and started to drive. I didn’t even have to give Gerard directions. He knew Mio’s street.

He said he lived real close to Mio. Which was strange since I had never seen him before. And I only live one street away from Mio. We reached the house and I opened the front door. Mio was in the kitchen. I walked in. There she was, looking at me. With the most evil grin. What the hell did she have planned?