Status: active(:

Left My Heart

Chapter 3

Mila was stunned silent. I mean, every girl dreams of this moment. Mila had actually seen Nick once before, the closest she had got was watching him walk into his tour bus from 100 feet away, and she didn't even know how she had managed to see that.

"Um, its uh, its really uh, fine." Just like you are, she added in her mind. His diabetes dogtag caught the sunlight and reflected into her eye, causing her to blink and scrunch up her face. Nick immeadiatly looked concerned and asked if she was alright, and she turned her head a bit to the side to get the light out and nodded with a smile.

"Good, cause your eyes are very pretty." Mila giggled and grinned her thanks, too much in shock (or was it love?) to respond. Suddenly she felt a rush of self consiousness because she quickly realized she was only wearing PINK sweatpants and a sweater.

"I uh, I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere. Please. Just...stay. Right there." She giggled at how stupid she sounded, but still she was completely serious. If they all left, she'd either be hallucinating or dreaming, and would spend the day in depression that this didn't actually happen. She ran upstairs as fast as she could and changed into a ruffled tank top, bomber jacket, and hopped into her favorite pair of jeggings, and ran back down the stairs faster than you could say "When You Look Me In The Eyes."

"NICK! Hey! You stayed!" She smiled, still a little out of breath, and knowing she sounded way too excited. He looked up from his phone and she saw Twitter was up, and he had just tweeted "Accidentally ended up with the prettiest girl ever." She blushed and her heart sped up to about 1,000,000 beats per second. She figured she might possibly be ruining the lives of thousands of girls, but at that moment, she didnt care if every girl in the world hated her. Nick laughed.

"Of course I stayed. By the way, you look...nice." Kevin and Joe both turned their heads from the couch and glared disapprovingly at their brother and he fumbled with his belt buckle and mumbled something else.

"...What was that?" Mila asked, slightly amused, and slightly curious.

"I said, I thinkyou'rereallypretty." As Mila was about to respond, Nick's phone buzzed and he answered it, eyes wide.

"Hi. No, I...I know. I know. I agree. Yes, I know. Bye." Nick's face had fallen and he turned toward the door.

"Look, Mila, you're one of the prettiest girls I've ever met. But I need to go. And so do my brothers. Kev, Joe. Come on. MIla, um, goodbye. " He wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in her dark locks. She hugged him back tightly, not wanting to let go or allow the sting of tears in her eyes to evolve into the real thing. He slipped a piece of paper into her pocket, and turned out the door.