Status: Complete.

Fake

Joni.

My eyes crack open and the first thing I see is Lucas’s chest. I blush just thinking about what happened last night.

I pull myself out of his arms carefully and make my way to the kitchen. Chase is running around my feet barking loudly and I try to hush him so no one, especially Lucas will hear. I don’t want to wake him up, let him have his sleep.

I pull out the things needed to make bacon, eggs, and toast. As I’m cooking I hear the soft sound of foot steps heading my way. I smile and wait and my waiting is worth it because moments later Lucas has his arms around me.

“Good morning,” he yawns, kissing my neck afterwards.

I hum to show that I heard him. He sighs and buries his face in the crock of my neck. “Last night was great.”

I blush and whisper, “Y-Yeah…it was.”

Breakfast is finished and I’m sitting on Lucas’s lap while eating. Chase is lying next to his feet and every few moments I hear Lucas chuckle because he keeps licking his toes. I smile and kiss his cheek. “I’m glad you came back for me…”

“Me too,” he sighs and smiles. “Me too…”

I guess, we’ve always loved each other, huh? We just always faked it.

“I love you,” he says to me.

It immediately brings a smile to my face and I can’t help but to respond, “I love you too.”

And that’s the truth. I’m not faking it anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!