Status: Started 12//09

Once a Fragile Design

Diez.

As soon as Roxii walked off to go talk to John, I turned to Kennedy. “Hey, Kenny, wanna explore the venue with me?”

He nodded his head and we bid our farewells to Sierra and walked off, heading towards the back of the building.

“So, I’m surprised you’re actually talking to me,” he said.

I looked at him, my brows furrowed in confusion, as if I had no clue as to what he was talking about. “What do you mean? Of course I’m talking to you.”

He laughed. “Acey, you’ve been glaring daggers at me for the past few days.” He looked at me with a grave look in his eyes. “Did I do something to you?”

We both stopped walking and I looked down at my feet. Of course Kenny hadn’t done anything to me – intentionally, at least. But, he had broken my heart without even realizing it. “No, you haven’t done anything, Kenny.”

“Then why the mean looks?” he pressed.

I sighed. “I don’t know. It’s just the way I look at people?”

He chuckled. “You don’t look at Pat, Jared or Garrett that way.”

I was growing frustrated; mainly, because I didn’t have a good lie for Kennedy. “Well, I’m sorry. I’ll try to look at you with kindness, from now on, okay?”

We both laughed. “Fine with me.”

We continued walking and entered a long hallway that held the dressing rooms for the bands. We stumbled upon the door that had a sign with ‘The Maine’ written in black Sharpie on it.

“Should we go check it out?”I asked Kenny.

“Yeah, why not? The rest will eventually find it,” he said.

I laughed and he opened the door. There were bright vanity lights and chairs set up, as well as a clothing rack off to the side. “Pretty nice.”

“It’s the glamorous life,” Kenny joked and took a seat in one of the chairs. “So, was there something you wanted to talk about?” He linked his fingers together and set them in his lap.

I shrugged and took a seat in the chair next to him. Well, there was one question burning in my head, but I was almost afraid to hear his answer. His answer could very well break me inside. “I guess I do have a question.”

“Ask away.”

I looked at him. “Wh – why do you like Roxii?” I cleared my throat. “I’m asking because she’s my best friend, and I want to know that you’re being sincere with wanting to date her.”

His eyes seem to light up when I mentioned Roxii’s name and a wide smile spread across his face. It almost sickened me to my stomach. “She’s beautiful, genuine and we have a lot in common. I mean, this is probably going to sound really cheesy, but when we’re together – alone – there’s no place else I’d rather be.”

I felt my spit becoming lodged in my throat and tears welled in my eyes. It took everything I had in me not to allow the tears to fall. “That’s great, Kenny. I’m ha – happy for you.”

He gave me a smile back and nodded his head. “Thanks, Acey. And I want you to know, I’m really happy for you and John. I mean, he’s changed ever since you gave him that kiss. This is the happiest I’ve ever seen JohnO.”

But John isn’t you. “Thanks,” I mumbled.

Just then a tall, brunette, brown-eyed girl wearing a dark pair of skinny jeans and a white v-neck with a purple hoodie came running into the dressing room. “ACEY! THERE YOU ARE!” she yelled and ran over to me.

I laughed and stood up, hugging her. I was glad that this awkward moment between Kennedy and I had been disrupted. And moreover, I was glad that it was interrupted before I could start bawling my eyes out.

“Becca, you’re just going to ignore me?” Kennedy asked, pretending to be mad.

She laughed and gave him a hug. “Long time, no see.”

“I know. It seems you’d rather be hanging out with Versa instead of us. It’s cool, though. Just don’t expect free merch anymore.” She pouted and he laughed. “I’m only kidding, loser.”

She flicked his arm and he pinched her side. That’s how it always was between them; they acted like brother and sister. I pulled on Becca’s hand and began to make my way out of the room.

“Let’s go find Vicky, Sierra and Roxii for some girl time,” I told her.

“Sounds good to me,” Becca obliged.

Kennedy groaned. “Girl time means talking about Twilight and Robert Pattinson.”

Becca and I stopped and stared at Kennedy.

“I’m not even . . .” Becca said.

I laughed. “Yeah, me either.”

We walked off in search of Roxii, Vicky and Sierra. Girl time was what I needed to take my mind off of this whole Kennedy-John mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of like this chapter. Don't know why! Hahaa.
Thanks for the comments and for subscribing! (: