Status: Started 12//09

Once a Fragile Design

Dieciocho.

“Alright, Acey, you and John are in charge of getting the drinks for tonight,” Tim told me, while throwing a piece of white paper at me.

I rolled my eyes as I exited out of the PhotoShop window I had open on my laptop, and picked up the paper from the table. “What’s this?”

“A list of drinks to buy. Make sure and get what’s on there, or everyone will flip shit.”

I sighed and stood up, pulling on my red zip-up hoodie over my grey tank top. “Where’s John?”

“I think he’s playing football with the guys in the lot. He should have the money for the drinks,” he told me.

I nodded my head. “Have you seen Roxie?”

He chuckled and opened the mini fridge. “Last I saw, she was watching Kenny without his shirt on.”

“Kennedy took his shirt off?!” I asked in disbelief. Tim nodded his head. “Wow. I’ve got to see this.” I began making my way off the bus.

“Don’t forget the Skyy Blue!” he yelled after me.

I laughed and dug my hands into the pockets of my sweater, before making my way out to opposite side of the lot, where the boys from each band were busy playing football. Sure enough, as I got closer, I saw Roxie, Becca, and Sierra sitting near a light pole, chatting away.

“Nice to see you guys are having fun without me!” I joked, walking up to them.

Becca laughed. “Hey, we’re off duty. We can’t help it that you actually have work to do.”

I stuck my tongue out at her before reaching for a cigarette in my pocket. “John and I have alcohol buying duty. Anything special you guys want?”

Sierra shrugged. “Whatever’s fine with me.”

“Becca?”

“Are you really asking me that?” she questioned, cocking her head to the side.

I laughed. “Right, forget I asked.”

Roxie smirked. “You know who my best friend is.”

“Cuervo?” I laughed.

She nodded her head. “That’d be him.”

“Alright. I’m gonna go get John, then.” I began walking away, but stopped, turning around. “What time is this party supposed to start, anyway?”

“I think Garrett said eight,” Becca answered.

“Two hours. Sounds good to me!” I began walking away again, watching as John ran for the pig skin that had been thrown by Blake. “John!” I yelled.

He caught the ball and turned to me, smiling. “Did you finish those pictures, babe?”

I shook my head. “Not yet, but Tim has designated you and I to buy the alcohol for tonight.”

“Oh, yeah, he mentioned that to me earlier. I think the money is in my wallet on the table,” he said.

I arched my brows. “Go get it?”

“Can’t you go? I want to finish the game, babe!” I gave him a look, and he sighed before throwing the football back to Jared. “I’ve got to run to the store!”

“C’mon, man! We have to finish the game!” Kennedy yelled.

John shrugged. “Sorry, bro, but I can’t!” He grabbed my hand, and we walked back over to the bus, where he ran inside to grab his wallet. Once he returned, he reached for my hand again. “Do you have a list?”

“Yeah, Tim so kindly threw it at me on the bus,” I said.

He laughed. “I hope two hundred is enough to buy everything.”

My eyes widened. “Two hundred better be enough.”

He shrugged. “So, how are the pictures coming along?”

“Pretty good. You’re pretty photogenic, you know,” I smiled.

He smirked and pulled his hand away, wrapping it around my shoulders. “I am, aren’t I?”

I scoffed and pushed him away. “Conceited much?”

“It’s called confidence, baby.”

I laughed. “Whatever you say, John. Where are we going anyway?”

He looked around. “Wherever the nearest liquor store is, I guess.”

“There’s a store over there,” I said, pointing to a sign that read ‘Party Store’.

He nodded his head. “Party Store it is.”

Once we were inside the small store, I pulled the list from my pocket and began reading them off to John, who grabbed each bottle.

I began cracking up. “Who the fuck asked for Seagram’s Wine Coolers?”

John began laughing, too. “Are you serious?”

I nodded my head, showing him the paper. “How much do you wanna bet it’s Pat?”

“Twenty bucks?”

“You’re on, O’Callaghan,” I said, putting my hand out for him to shake.

"You’re going down, Acey,” he told me, shaking my hand.

“Ha. We shall see.”

After getting everything on the list, the total came to one hundred and fifty dollars. John gave the man behind the counter the correct change, along with his ID, and we made our way out of the store.

“Holy shit, these bags are heavy,” I mumbled, trying not to drop the fragile bags.

John laughed. “Here, give them to me.”

I scoffed. “You already have three yourself, John.”

“So? I can carry more.”

“You don’t have to try and impress me. I’m not dating you for your big muscles.”

He pouted. “That hurts.”

I laughed. “I’m only joking, babe.”

He quickened his pace, walking ahead of me. “Whatever.”

“Awe, John, come here.” I quickened my pace as well, catching up to him. “Give me a kiss.”

“No.”

“Please?” I reached my hand out, stopping him.

He smirked. “Fine.”

I stood on my tippy toes, while he stood straight. “You have to lean down.”

“Do I?”

This time, I pouted. “John,” I said, dragging out the ‘o’ in his name.

He laughed and bent down, pressing his lips against mine. “Happy?”

“Very.”

I smiled and we continued walking back to the parking lot of the venue the boys had performed at earlier.

______________________________________________________________

After getting all of the bottles into coolers, Becca, Roxie and Sierra agreed that it was time to start getting ready for the party.

“So, how’re you and Garrett progressing, Beccs?” Sierra asked, applying mascara to her eyelashes.

She sighed and held the shirt in her hands to her chest. “I don’t know. I mean, it’s going good, but I want him to just fucking take the jump and ask me out already, you know?”

I nodded my head. “Garrett can be shy at times. Maybe you should just drop a big hint, and let him know that you want something to happen.”

“But what if I make a complete fool of myself?” she asked.

Roxie laughed. “Becca, he likes you, you like him. There’s no way you can make a fool of yourself.”

She bit down on her lip. “I guess you guys are right.” She gave a shrug. “I’m gonna go change real quick.”

“What’re you wearing tonight, Sierra?” Roxie asked while digging through her suitcase.

“I was thinking of this,” she smiled, holding up a pair of black leggings with a white tank top with fake suspenders, “with these,” she added, holding up a pair of black ankle boots.

“How the fuck do you wear those heels?” Roxie questioned, her eyes widening at the length of Sierra’s heels.

I nodded my head. “I agree. If I ever wore something like that, I’d just be asking for an accident to happen.”

Sierra laughed and shrugged. “I’m just used to wearing them.” She stared at me for a moment before smiling wide.

“What?”

“I have an idea,” she said, looking at Roxie, who suddenly began to smile.

“Why are you both smiling like idiots?”

Sierra dropped her outfit, and walked over to me. “You trust me, right?”

I arched my brows. “Yes, bu-“ before I could finish my sentence, she pushed me down on the lounge chair and began rummaging through her suitcase, which Roxie began doing as well.

“What do you think of this?” she asked, showing Roxie something that I couldn’t see, due to the flap of the suitcase.

“That’d be perfect with these!” she said.

Sierra grinned and stood up. “What do you think of this?” She held up a short, black bandage dress.

“It’s cute. Who’s wearing it?” She smiled at me, and that’s when it clicked. I began laughing hysterically. “No fucking way! Sierra, that thing probably can’t even fit me!”

She rolled her eyes and threw the dress at me. “As soon as Becca comes out of the bathroom, you go change in that.”

Roxie stood up and held up a pair of black heels. “And you’ll need these.”

My eyes grew wide. “Those heels are fucking huge!”

Sierra scoffed. “They’re not that big, Ace! Just go change! I head the door open!”

I groaned loudly before exiting the back lounge, passing Becca on the way, who was wearing a short, one shoulder red dress. I whistled. “Look who’s trying to impress Garrett!”

She blushed and rolled her eyes. “I just like to look good.”

I laughed. “Whatever you say, Becca.” I shut the bathroom door and unbuttoned my jeans, pulling them down before taking off my tank top.

I held the dress up to the mirror and sighed, cursing Sierra for even making me put the damned thing on. I placed my legs inside first, pulling the dress up to my waist, over my stomach, and finally over my boobs. Once it was in place, the dress came down to my knees, and hugged my curves nicely; something I didn’t expect. I grabbed my clothes from the floor before walking to the back lounge.

Roxie began whistling. “Look at you, hot mama!”

I laughed. “Shut up. Does it look okay?”

“Okay?! Acey, you look amazing!” Sierra cheered.

Becca grinned. “Look who’s trying to impress John!” she mocked.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. “Someone has to help me with the heels, though.”

Sierra pointed to the chair. “Sit and I’ll get them on for you.”

“What’re you wearing, Roxie?”

She held up a black romper. “This, and my all black Converse,” she said, shrugging.

“Awe, that’s cute,” Becca told her.

She smiled. “Thanks. Let’s hope Kennedy thinks it’s cute, too.”

I laughed and looked down at Sierra, as she finished putting on my left shoe. “If I get drunk and fall tonight, I’m blaming you.”

She rolled her eyes. “You would get drunk and fall anyway. Why blame me?” I playfully flicked her and she laughed. “I’m gonna go change and then I’ll help with your makeup.”

________________________________________________________________

I felt butterflies in my stomach as I stepped off the bus. The guys had all gotten ready on Boys Like Girls’ bus, claiming that girls were impossible to be around while getting ready. I smoothed out my dress and pulled it down, trying to make it longer.

“Guys, I’m nervous,” Becca said.

“You have nothing to be nervous about, Becca. Garrett is going to have a heart attack when he sees you,” Roxie told her.

“And John’s going to drop dead when he sees Acey,” Sierra added, causing us to laugh.

“I need a cigarette, bro,” I said, feeling my nerves act up.

Roxie reached into her purse and handed me one before grabbing one for herself. Once we reached the main area where the guys were, we noticed that there were more people who had joined the party. This only made my nervousness grow, as I puffed on my cigarette.

“Whoa! Acey, is that you?!” Eric questioned, his mouth open.

I ashed my cigarette. “It is I, Halvo.”

He laughed. “Damn. Now I see why John is so hung up on you!”

I rolled my eyes. “Where is he, anyway?”

“Over there,” he said, pointing to a group of guys talking.

“Thanks.” He nodded his head and I noticed that Roxie, Becca and Sierra had already left me. I sighed and made my way over to where John was. Once his green eyes locked with mine, his jaw, much like Eric’s, dropped. “Hey to you, too,” I joked.

His eyes looked me up and down and he shook his head, wrapping his arms around my waist. “I can’t even … Holy shit, babe. You look fucking gorgeous!”

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. “I’m glad you think so.”

He smirked and pressed his lips to mine. “Want me to get you a drink?”

I nodded my head. “Please?”

“I’ll be right back.” He gave me another peck on the lips. “Don’t let anyone steal you away from me.”

I laughed. “Just get me a drink, O’Callaghan.”

He walked off, and Martin from Boys Like Girls began talking to me. “How’re you, Acey?”

“Pretty good. How’re you?”

“Same. Glad to have a night to kick back and drink.”

I laughed. “Same here.”

He smiled. “I haven’t seen the finished photos yet, but from what I hear, they’re looking amazing.”

I smiled coyly. “Who’d you hear that from?”

“Tim,” he told me.

I nodded my head. “I’m not sure about amazing, but I am proud of them.”

John returned, holding a blue Solo cup in his hand. “I got you a rum and coke.”

I smiled. “Thanks, babe.”

“No problem.” He wrapped his arms around my waist. “Hey, Martin.”

He laughed. “Relax, JohnO, I’m not trying to steal your girl away.”

John smirked. “You better not be.”

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my drink – it was strong, but nothing I couldn’t handle.

________________________________________________________________

Time had gone by, and I had lost track of where John and the rest of my friends were. I clutched the half-empty beer bottle in my hand to my chest, and walked through a group of people, spotting Garrett and Becca sitting at a square table, laughing.

“Hey, guys,” I slurred.

Becca laughed and looked at me. “How much have you had to drink, Ace?”

I shrugged. “Enough to feel good!” I smiled.

Garrett shook his head and chuckled. “Where’s John?”

“I have no clue. I think I came to ask you guys that same question.” I let out a burp and Garrett’s face scrunched up.

“Want us to help you find him?” Becca asked.

I shook my head, waving my hands at them. “No, no, you two go on and keep macking! Garrett, stop being a pussy and ask her out already!” I stumbled away from them, and began meandering through more people.

Finally, I spotted John’s tall self near the table of alcohol. I ran behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

He spun around, and when he saw me, he frowned. “You’re not Eric!”

I rolled my eyes and pinched his side. “You’re mean!”

He grinned and grabbed my beer from me, chugging it down. “Sorry, babe,” he burped.

I pouted. “Give me a kiss!”

“What if I don’t want to?”

“I’m telling you to!”

“Demanding a kiss? I like it!” He set the bottle down on the table and leaned down, connecting his lips with mine. The kiss grew more passionate, and I found myself not wanting to stop. John pulled away. “Bus?” he breathed heavily. I only nodded my head, and we began running for the bus.

Once we were inside, John locked the door and we staggered to the back lounge. I fell back on my side of the couch, and John straddled himself on top of me. Our lips reconnected and I could taste the alcohol on John’s tongue, making me want to kiss him more. I could feel his body heat radiating against mine, and I pulled at the hem of his grey Henley, trying to get it over his head.

Once it was gone, John reached for the hemline of my dress, and I nodded my head, letting him know that it was okay for him to take it off. As soon as my dress was off, John attacked my neck and I let out a pleasurable moan, while tugging at his jeans. I unbuttoned them and he wiggled them off, leaving him in boxers, where I could clearly feel him against my thigh.

I felt my heartbeat increase and the alcohol rush to my head as John unhooked my bra and I felt myself growing hotter. John’s hands reached for my underwear before he stopped and looked at me. “Are you sure you want to do this?”

I nodded my head. “I’m positive.”

He smiled and gave me on last kiss before slipping my underwear off. I slipped off his boxers, and he reached for the pockets of his jeans, grabbing a condom. He sucked on my neck while sliding the condom on, and a moment later, he entered me, causing me to arch my back and my breath to get caught in my throat.

“I love you, Acey,” he whispered in my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
- The girls' outfits

I'm sorry for taking nearly a month or so to get this out! I've been busy and just haven't had time to sit down and write. Hopefully this long update makes up for it! AND I HOPE YOU LIKE IT, ACEY! (: