Status: Started 12//09

Once a Fragile Design

Cuatro

By the time we arrived at Denny's, Kennedy was already there, posted against the door of his car. I couldn't help but to notice that his hair was somewhat damp and that his bangs fell slightly over his eyes, making him look completely and utterly adorable. I had to turn away from his beautiful face in order to keep my composure. Roxii was quick to get out of the car and run into his open arms; clearly, he had been waiting to see her. I tried my hardest not to roll my eyes at them, because in all fairness, they were both my best friends and it wasn't their fault that I was keeping this secret from them.

"Acey?" John's voice broke me away from my thoughts.

I looked over at him just as a smile lit up his face. "Yeah?"

"Uh, we should probably head inside."

I let out a light laugh and nodded my head. We both walked into the restaurant and Kennedy and Roxii waved at us happily, looking like children. John and I laughed as we reached the table and took our seats across from them.

"Hi, I'm Doris and I'll be serving you four this morning. Can I start you all off with something to drink?" Our waitress asked as she approached our table.

I bit down on my lip, trying my best not to laugh at the lady's name. Doris. It was just so odd.

"Coffee, please," Roxii and John both spoke at once.

"Two coffees it is. And for you two?' she asked, glancing back and forth between Kennedy and myself.

"Uh, orange juice," I said.

Kennedy nodded his head in agreement, "I'll have the same."

"Alright. I'll be back in a few minutes." She walked away and the four of us sat there awkwardly for a moment.

"So, are you boys nervous?" I asked, deciding to break the silence.

Kennedy shrugged, "Eh, not really. I'm actually fucking pumped for this."

John let out a light laugh. "I'm excited that you're coming, Ace." He looked at me with those green eyes of his and I felt bad for the poor boy.

Sure, I had let him kiss me last night, but I was paying the price for it now. He had it in his little head that I was slowly, but surely, giving into him. If only he knew the truth.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Right."

Roxii was being quiet and she stared at her hands, playing with sugar packets.

"Are those interesting?" I asked her.

Her eyes glanced up at me and her cheeks turned pink. "Shut up."

I laughed just as our waitress returned with our drinks. She took each of our orders before disappearing again.

"So, Roxii . . ."

"So, Kennedy . . ." she smiled.

His face flushed and I could tell that he was nervous just sitting next to her. My heart sunk a little. Why couldn't he feel that way about me? Just . . . why?

John's hand rested on top of mine and he laced our fingers together. As much as I wanted to pull my hand away, I didn't have the heart too. Especially since Kennedy now had his arm around Roxii's shoulders. My body stiffened and I knew John noticed because he brought his mouth to my ear.

"You okay?" he whispered.

I nodded my head and looked at him. "Why wouldn't I be, Johnny Boy?"

He smirked, "Just making sure. I can't stand to see you upset."

I felt someone staring intensely at me and I looked to see it was Roxii. "What?"

She shook her head. "Nothing."

Something weird was going on with her and I made a mental note to ask her about it later. Our food came and small talk was all that was made as we ate. When we finished, we all stood up and began to leave. Two machines stood next to the doors and one caught my eye. It held stuffed animals inside of it and an adorable stuffed teddy bear was just screaming my name.

"John, loan me a quarter will you?"

"A quarter? For what?"

I jabbed my thumb in the direction of the toy machine and he laughed, before shaking his head.

"Well, are you gunna give me one or not?"

"Not."

I raised my eyebrows. "Seriously?"

"Seriously. Instead, I'm going to win you one," he told me and stepped in front of the machine.

I shrugged my shoulders and watched as he slowly lowered the crane.

"Now which one of these ugly things is your beautiful heart set on?"

I chuckled, "They're not ugly, John. And I want that light brown teddy, right there." I pointed my finger at the stuffed animal.

"That's easy." He lowered the crane and I held my breath as the claw opened and grabbed the bear.

"YOU GOT IT! YOU GOT IT!" I yelled and hopped up and down.

He laughed and reached down into the slot and grabbed the toy. I reached to grab it, but he held it above his head. Fuck me, for being so short.

"John, you know I can't reach that. Give it here!"

He shook his head. "Not until you give me a kiss."

"John! Come on!" I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Just one measly little kiss, Ace. Please?"

"Just give him the damn kiss so we can go, Acey."

Both of us turned and looked at Roxii, who's face look flushed with anger or annoyance. Or maybe, a mixture of both. I shrugged it off.

"Fine." I sighed and stood on my tippy toes. My lips briefly met John's for a moment before I pulled away and held my hand out. "Teddy bear. Now."

He rolled his eyes. "That was barely a kiss!"

I shrugged and he handed me the bear. Roxii and Kennedy led us out into the parking lot and I watched as he pulled her into a hug.

"I'm really glad you're coming with us, Rox," he told her.

She smiled, "Yeah, me too."

"You just told me you weren't excited this morning," John scoffed.

"You're not excited?" I looked at her.

"I said I wasn't excited to see you. There's a difference, O'Callaghan." She glared at him.

"Am I missing something?" Kennedy asked.

"No. You're not missing anything." Roxii eyed John and I once more before pressing her lips against Kennedy's.

This time, my heart fell to my feet. Just the sight of Kennedy kissing another girl was enough to bring me to tears. Well, nearly. I couldn't cry. Not right now. Not in front of John, Roxii or Kennedy. It would be too suspicious.

"I'll be in the car." I hurriedly got into the passenger seat of John's car and he followed behind me.

"Acey, baby, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, John."

He placed his hand under my chin and gently turned my head to face him. "Whatever it is, you can tell me, babe. I hate to see you upset."

Dammit. Why did John have to be so amazingly sweet?

"I'm fine." I poked my head out of my window. "ROXII! LET'S GO! WE'VE GOT A SCHEDULE TO FOLLOW! CHOP! CHOP!"

My yelling earned a few laughs from the three of them. I was thankful for being able to mask my true feelings so well. I just wondered; if things are going rough this early, what would the rest of tour be like?
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama-rama.
Thank you guys for the comments and subscribing!
Acey and I love to hear from y'all! (: