2nd Intermissions

In which something is stolen

"The Stars seem to have lost their shine." I heard Pat Foley's voice from the television in the corner. I had just turned my back on the small screen to greet the players as the came into the locker room. The Dallas Stars had a strange visitors locker room layout. The only thing that separated the actual locker room from the small medical office was a low half wall that I was now looking over.

"Hey doc!" Versteeg yelled, tossing his helmet into his cubbie. I laughed when it missed and bounced, nearly missing the captain's head.
"Watch out, Toews!" I shouted and he ducked, obviously used to this behavior.
The guys milled around taking off equipment, walking around in their underarmour. I chuckled and sat on the gurney that was placed in the room. Swinging my legs back and forth, I realized it actually was more quiet in the locker room after the games without Adam riling the guys up. I jumped down and walked over to my purse, where it was sitting on the half wall. Pulling out my phone, I checked to see if I had reception, then sent a text to Adam, telling him my thoughts. Before I could receive his reply, I took a twizzler out of the side pocket, where I had hidden them from Torch earlier.
"Whoa whoa whoa whoa...whoa." Someone said, and I whipped around.
"You do realize that sharing is caring, correct?" Colin Fraser said, as he advanced into the room, going over to the cooler we had set up on one of the tables. Taking out a bottle of water, he closed the cooler and walked over to me, holding his hand out.
I took a bite of the twizzler and felt my phone vibrate once in my hand.
"If you don't give me a twizzler, I'll steal your phone." He threatened with a smile on his face.
I quickly replied, "No." and put my phone behind my back.
I felt it slip out of my grip and I turned around to see Tazer holding my cell phone with two fingers, his other hand out, palm up.

"YOU JERKS." I laughed and turned around to grab the bag out of my purse. Throwing it at Fraser, Toews opened my phone and quickly read through the text.
"You BUTTHEAD!" I lunged for my phone and grabbed it when he tossed it at me.
I looked down to read a text from Angelina. Thank god.

"Who is Angelina?" Toews inquired as Brouwer walked into the room, wearing only his underarmour pants.
"DEAR LORD, PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!" I shouted at Troy Brouwer.
He said, "Huh?" Before asking, "Is Angelina cute?"
I walked up to Fraser and Toews, eating all my twizzlers and snatched the bag from them.
"Go get dressed! All of you! Get out unless you need something...Other than my candy!"
Laughing, they left to shower and change. Sitting with my back to the rest of the room, I opened my phone again, reading the text from Angelina that read, "Heard Burish was injured. Are we still going to that concert when you get back?"
I sighed and replied with, "I honestly don't know. We'll figure it out when I get back."
Then one came in from Adam.
"Really? I always knew I was the life in that clubhouse."
I giggled and was asked quickly by Kris Versteeg, "What's so funny?"
I turned and said, "What is with you guys tonight? Nosy as hell." I mumbled the last.
"I heard that." He walked over to the cooler, his dress shoes tapping on the floor.
"Blah blah blah, are we done here? Is anyone injured? Can we go back to the hotel- I'm tired."

My complaints were soon silenced as we loaded everything onto the team bus, still feeling the fresh win in our bones.
I sat next to Troy Parchman and we wondered who was going down to Rockford and who was coming up. I had overhead Q saying he wanted one less forward and one more defense man. Now that Adam was injured, Coach Q had the chance to get the one extra d man.
I thought that Mike Brennen might be the next one up, but Troy strongly believed that it was Niklas Hjalmarsson would be meeting us in L.A. to play the Kings.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its horribly short, but I need to go to bed and I really wanted to write.
Plus, I didn't get three comments. I loveeee you all!

HELLOOO NEW SUBSCRIBERS! Comments are love and fuel for the fire.

ALSO: I noticed chapter one has 37 readers. Irony is amazing. 8D