2nd Intermissions

In which a text is received

I found myself unable to hate the position I woke up in.
The light streaming in his windows had turned into the yellow glow of a street light and I looked down to see Adam gazing up at me.
"I don't think I like you looking at me like that from that angle." I laughed and his head moved slightly with the movement of my body while I laughed.
He twisted himself up so he sat normally on the couch and I scooted closer to him, putting my head on his shoulder.
"I'm glad the circus trip is over."
I knew why, but I asked him anyway, afraid to break the stillness of the night we were cloaked in in his front room. "Why?"
He looked over at me and smiled, saying, "So I can have someone to complain to, and cater to my every need."
"You ass." I drew out the sound on the 's' and shoved him a little.
Silence enveloped us again, drawing around us like the darkness in the room.
I felt his body move and he switched his position so he was sitting up on the arm of the couch, his legs stretched out and I lay next to him, my head resting on his chest.
He sighed and wrapped his arms around me, squeezing just slightly.
I let out my own breath and breathed him in.

When I woke up the next morning to noises coming from Adam's kitchen, I stretched out on the empty couch. Yawning, I made my way into his bathroom, finding the small toothbrush I stashed underneath his sink. As I finished brushing my teeth, I noticed the noises stopped. Upon entering the small kitchen, I saw Adam feasting on a particularly large bowl of apple jacks. I laughed and alerted him to my presence. He tried to speak with his mouth full and found it much more efficient to jerk his head towards the counter. I looked over and saw the coffee maker running.
Smiling I said to him, "Thank you!" and practically attacked the amazing liquid.
It was his turn to laugh when I savored a steaming cup of coffee.
"Ha ha ha, Adam." I said, taking a careful sip of the scalding cafe con leche.
The morning was much more amusing than it should have been, but watching Adam scarf down two bowls of apple jacks was beyond hilarious.

Today I had to be at the rink around noon for the practice before tomorrow night's game.
Adam decided to pop in and irritate the guys, so for the first time in our relationship, I got to drive us.
While that doesn't sound extremely exhilarating, it was. I not only got to drive, at my own speed, but I controlled the radio. Fortunately for him, I didn't have my ipod with me, instead, I settled for the 80's on 8 channel.

"Why do you insist that I listen to this crap?" Adam complained from the passenger seat, anxiously flipping the visor up and down. \
"Because I had to sit through all of your music. My turn." I smiled over at him when I pulled out in front of the U.C.
"Why aren't you gonna park in the garage?" He inquired, shifting in the seat.
"I am, but its easier on your knee to drop you off here. Stop whining." I laughed and unlocked the doors.
He grumbled and got out, using his crutch to make his way towards the bank of doors. I directed my car into the employee lot and entered through the players/employee door, scanning my ID.
I ran into Antti on the way to the locker room, making him drop his goalie bag. I apologized and tried to pick it up for him and struggled to raise it above my shins.
"I got that." He smiled, taking it from me like it weighed nothing.
Walking with him, I asked, "What is in that bag?!" while laughing.
"Pads." He answered, not bothering to find more words in Finnish to translate into English.
We approached the steel door and he held it open for me and I thanked him, walking into my office, Antti following me. Dropping his bags on the floor, he knocked on Pawel's door and when hearing no reply, I told him, "Pawel usually is late when you guys practice at noon." Niemi laughed, his lank hair falling around his face while he nodded his head, taking his bags into the locker room.

I smiled at him when he waved a 'bye' to me and sat in my chair, spinning once or twice.
I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it out of my casual jeans, reading the text that was sent to me.
Not recognizing the number, I replied back with a simple, "who is this?"
The answer made me drop my phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god. This chapter is a total filler, I am so sorry. I rewrote it three times before this was spawned. The first two were in completely different directions, but finally I pumped this out.
I'm going to start replying to comments IN the comments section, so let's talk!
I had the craziest dream last night. Ben Eager, the mob, Adam Burish, Patrick Sharp, and Antti Niemi were in it. Wanna hear about it?