2nd Intermissions

In which a game is won

The first intermission came quicker than I would have thought, and I raced into the locker room again, leaving James lounging in his chair.
Once back my quiet and clean work space, I had little time to enjoy it as the players banged and clashed into the locker room. I could hear Coach Q encouraging them for their 3-0 lead in the first period. As I continued to catch my breath, I said to my blank computer screen at my desk, "Why must I always run places?"

"Who are you talking to?" Brent Seabrook asked as he walked in.
I turned around quickly and said, "No one, what are you doing in here?"
He chuckled and reached into the refrigerator in the corner for one of their horrid green protein...drinks. If you could call the slush a 'drink'.
After he left, I huffed and settled into my desk chair, mumbling to myself about rude hockey players.
I was surprised when Coach Q walked in with an air of importance surrounding him.
He placed his large hands on my desk and leaned over, asking in a confidential tone of voice, "Can Troy play?"

I breathed a sigh of relief when he asked such a mundane question. Standing up, I retrieved a file from one of my cabinets. Throwing it onto the desk in front of Q, I answered him in an equally secretive tone. "Brouwer can play, but he can't be pushing himself hard. There's no way you can increase his ice time without seriously injuring him. He's still trying to adapt to the NHL, and his ankle is taking the toll."

It was the Coach's turn to let a breath of air out of his lungs. "Good. Good." I could see the gears turning in his mind. At the moment, he had probably come up with twelve new lines.
As he walked out of my office with a more relaxed look in his shoulders, I stood up and walked around my desk to peek out into the hallway.
The twenty minutes of intermission were up and when they left the locker room, I made my way back to the comfortable lounge chair Wiz was saving for me.

The game ended with the 2nd intermission passing without a whisper of injury and I couldn't even hear myself think as the team shouted congratulations to each other a room over. Then the music came on and all hope was lost for my paperwork. Sighing and then becoming irritated when I couldn't even find solace in the sound of my own sigh, I began to place files into my bag when Bolland entered the room.

"Hey doc, I need some ibuprofen, my head is killing me." Dave spoke loudly to be heard over the music.
I smiled at him and tossed the bottle sitting on the counter at him. He caught it, took two of the tablets and tossed it back.

After he left, the locker room got quiet and I assumed they were showering now, and it gave me some time to quickly fill out another order form for more gauze and antiseptic spray. We seemed to be running very low lately. The noise soon came back and Adam appeared at the doorway and said, "Your carriage awaits, my lady." I chuckled and grabbed my bag before locking the cabinets and exiting the room in front of him.

Once we arrived back at my house, I invited Adam and his gorgeous suit-clad self to come up and share a pot of coffee with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a horrible filler chapter, but I need to work on my homework and wake up early- and I just want to get in the habit of writing more.