Status: active

Show Me Your Teeth

mad world.

Golden sunshine streamed through my window, warming my skin. I had absolutely no motivation to get up. My bed felt more comfortable then ever, I’d taken care of my reaps early, and Eric was coming back which meant no work for me.

Well, stressful work that is. I had a design consultation and some pieces to order from catalogues, but that wasn’t nearly as stressful as running a nightclub.

Hours later I had ordered so much animal print designs I was sure the next time I saw zebra stripes I would go insane. Before I retired inside, I took a moment to admire the scenery. The sun was just beginning to set and it gave the trees on the horizon a golden halo. Birds were singing their goodnight songs sweetly in trees and a few fireflies began to dance in a glow above the grass. It had been a long time since I had the chance to enjoy such the profound and wonderful beauty of nature. Even though some of the residents here were bothersome, I was growing to love this place, and maybe this would become my permanent home. Having a permanent residence wasn’t Reaper protocol, but with age comes perks and if I was careful no one would catch on.

The only appropriate way to end this day was a relaxing bubble bath. Retreating inside I immediately headed into the master bath, turning the faucets so the water ran nice and hot inside the claw footed tub. After choosing a bubble bar that would create pretty pink bubbles and crumbling it under the water, I decided a glass of wine was in order.

By the time I came back with the bottle and a glass (which was really a goblet but whatever), the tub had reached capacity and was filled with pink bubbles. What I had failed to notice was ancient vampire sitting in my tub.

“Why,” I groaned. “Why are you in my bathtub. Why can’t you just knock on the door like a normal person?”

Eric opened one eye and smirked. “Because normal is so boring,” he chuckled.

“Seriously Eric,” I sighed and rubbed my temples, “what do you need? Because I need to seriously relax.”

Without a word or any shame, he exited the tub and stood before me in all of his sudsy glory.

“I need your advice.”

“Mhmm,” I nodded and sipped my wine, doing everything in my power to keep my eyes on his.

“It is...not easy to ask for help,” he offered.

“Oh, oh yeah of course. But there is one thing I need…”

Eric and I stood in front of my destroyed car. It wasn’t bad enough that they had smashed my windows, ruined the exterior, and slashed my tired. Before I could have it towed the culprits returned and tore my fine leather interior to shreds.

I tucked my chin into my had and cooed sadly. “He was such a nice car. Decent mileage, handled excellent on the highway.”

“So you want me to buy you a new car?” Eric quirked an eyebrow.

“A nice one,” I grinned.

Image


He shrugged and turned towards the driveway, where Sookie and a taller dark hair man emerged from the woods. Quickly they closed the gap, and soon after Pam appeared in a sleek black sedan. I was rapidly becoming uncomfortable with the amount of vampires around my house.
Sookie decided that a simple ‘hello’ wouldn’t do, and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I must have looked awkward and uncomfortable, because the dark hair vampire gave me an apologetic smile.

Suddenly four heads swiveled in the direction of the backyard. A low guttural growl, too low for Sookie to hear, had spooked all of us. Slowly, the stench of sulfur came creeping out of the woods. This isn’t good, this isn’t good at all. The demon was getting bolder, almost challenging even with three vampires around it.

I began fidgeting, discretely placing my hands over my mouth, and blinking continuously in a vain effort to keep my eyes normal. Eric nodded curtly at Pam, who ushered Sookie into the house, leaving the unknown vampire standing on the porch. Another growl, this time louder and more predatory, had Eric placing himself in front of me.

“Get inside.”
♠ ♠ ♠
eh short. but hockey playoffs are on!