Status: Active

Two Souls Collide

Two Souls Collide Bill Kaulitz 06

It's been a week since the whole coffee incident. I haven't heard from William or Thomas since then. Did they not find us interesting? What am I talking about? I'm just their dog's babysitter. Am I even important to be considered that to them? I don't know why I'm bugged by it, maybe because I've been stuck inside the house, or because it's hard for me to make friends in school. Everyone thinks I dress strange and my accent is strange and that my sister is really strange (or maybe it's just my sister.) But just because I dress and speak weirdly doesn't mean I am weird… does it? Even my teachers treat me like I'm either a punk or a freak.
Smoke comes out in puffs from the cherry cigarette hanging on my lips. I tap my anti-eyebrow piercing thinking about this. It's nine o'clock Friday night and I'm sitting alone in my bedroom. The only lights are from my butterfly glow lights and the streetlamps' light coming through my open window. My door is closed and locked, and Passion Pit 'Swimming in the Flood' is playing at medium volume. A bowl with a few uneaten raspberries lay on the nightstand next to a glass of cold tea. I look down at some photos I took around school. My grandparents want to know what it's like in Germany, so I'm putting together a photo book for them. I've been working on it since I got home from school around six. I stayed after to get help in German language. Our grammar teacher says we're progressing very well.
I stick the lone photos I haven't found a place for randomly in the book and close it. So far I have twelve pages of buildings, nature, and strangers walking around. There are a few of Lacey and Papa around the house…but other than that nothing really sentimental. Would my grandparents notice I don't have any pictures of friends? I wish I had friends to take pictures of…
I flick excess ash off my cigarette into my heart shaped ashtray before I fall back on my pillows. I stare at my ceiling wondering why I'm so pathetic.
Monster…how should I feel? Creatures right here…looking through the window- It's restricted.
I immediately answer my cell phone.
"Hallo?"
"Miss me?" Thomas's voice comes through the other end.
"Hey Thomas." I sit up putting out my cigarette. "What's up?"
"Got off from work."
"Where do you work?"
"Uh-um…a strip club." I raise an eyebrow.
"A strip club, eh?" I know he was joking.
"Yea, I get more tips than B-William."
"What are your stripper names?" I ask going along.
"Going to request us?"
"I don't do the whole stripper deal. I'm more into cheap sex."
"We'd give you a discount." I laugh. "So William and I were wondering what you and Lacey are up to."
"Wellllll we were[/i[ extremely busy..."
"Oh?"
"But then school ended."
"Oh! How late do you guys stay up?"
"About eight… am on weekends."
"Want us to come over?" He asks.
"Sure!"
"Be over in five minutes." I hang up and rush out my bedroom to Lacey's room. I pound on the door until she opens it.
"William and Thomas are coming over!"
"…Okay?" She says holding a Gameboy in her hands. "They want you to babysit their dog again?"
"No. They're coming over to hang out."
"Have fun."
"You have to come out and play too!" I stick my foot out stopping her from closing the door.
"I'm playing…just not with others." She beats my foot with the door.
"You can beat their asses in Wii!" I offer. She rubs her chin before tossing the Gameboy on her bed.
I changed my clothes, not to look pretty! I was just wearing one of papa's old KISS shirts and ripped jeans. Since I was changing though I decide to wear something nice. Nothing too special so I look like I want to look pretty. A Hello Kitty tee shirt and my favorite pair of jeans should do though. I couldn't find matching socks, so I slip on a purple one, and a blue one. My hair was in a messy bun; I take it down and put it in low pigtails. I didn't straighten it today so it was curly at the ends. I take off my purple glasses and put on contacts.
As I check my lip gloss I notice Lacey standing against the doorway.
"Hi…" I check my mascara.
"So you like William, eh?" She asks playing with my lip gloss tube on the counter.
"Huh? Yea they're cool guys." I finish, and turn to face my sister. She stands up straight; she's an inch taller than me.
"Let me rephrase this in a way you'll understand my assumption. So you liiiiike Williaaaaam, eeeeh?"
"Not like that!"
"Thomas? I didn't know he was your type…"
"He's not!"
"So William?"
"Why do you-oh." I look at the make up on the counter and my new clothes. I understand why she would assume I like one of them more as a friend. I know my sister well enough. "Look, I haven't hung out with anyone in a long time. I'm just excited that we made friends. Besides I don't even know William enough to like him."
"So you admit you could like William?" I open my mouth to argue. "Besides you don't know Adam Lah-whatever his name is and you like him."
"Liked. I liked him. Why is it that whenever I like a guy he comes out gay?" I change the subject.
"We went over this. You like girly boys and boyish girls." She sighs rolling her eyes. "Duuuh."

"So you like Alice?" Tom asks Bill.
"She's a nice girl."
"Niiiiice or just nice." Tom plays with each word to put more meaning on them. Bill raises an eyebrow at his brother.
"She's just a potential friend."
"Oh…that's good. Better to start off as friends with you." Tom smirks. Bill smacks his brother's arm.
"Shut up."
"Ooo, sensitive."
"Don't make me hit you again."
"Yea, 'cause those hurt so much." Tom smirks. "Remind me to teach you how to properly hit a person." Bill crosses his arms and looks out the window pouting. He stays like that for only a minute before turning back to Tom.
"What about Lacey?" He asks.
"What about her?" Tom asks.
"You were into her." Bill could see by his reaction that Tom genuinely didn't care for her.
"Eh, I'm not into her kind." Bill blinks at his brother.
"What the hell is []her
kind? We barely know those girls and you already have them classified?"
"Yea. Lacey she's one of those strange original girls. You know the kind that tries not to be like other chicks. She respects herself. Probably is a bitch without sometimes. She doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone but herself, and maybe Alice."
"What do you think of Alice?" Bill asks mildly curious, but he didn't let it show.
"The cute, good girl."
"And?"
"That's it. She's one of those good girls that don't want to hurt anyone; she's sensitive and a little weak. No doubt Lacey's style rubbed off on Alice, but she's still more normal than Lacey."
"How the fuck do you have so much insight to girls?!" Bill is flabbergasted.
"Because I'm Tom Kaulitz. I've been with girls since I was eleven." He gives his brother a look. Bill just smiles and rolls his eyes.
"How stupid of me to ask."

"MWUAHA!" Lacey laughs evilly.
"How the fuck do you keep doing that?!" Thomas growls. Lacey has been kicking all our asses in some racing game. Thomas is the only one who is really into it. The order of winners goes Lacey, me, Thomas, and then William. Occasionally Thomas beats me and it's Lacey, Thomas, me and William, but not too occasionally. I still haven’t decided if it's good that I have a gamer sister who forces me to play with her, or bad because I never had a choice. At least I wasn't William…
I turn to my left to see him leaning against the couch bored. He was into it for the first few games, but slowly sunk out of it. His knees were up away from his chest and his delicate fingers had a white dread intertwined in them. He stares intently at it, more interested in that then the game. His dark eyes rise up and meet mine. Instinctively I look away, and then realize how foolish I looked, so I look back. His eyebrow is raised and I hear a faint clicking sound coming near his face, like metal clicking against something hard.
"Are you hungry?" I ask. We have been playing for a few hours and I know I'm hungry.
"A little..." I hear a deep rumble as his stomach betrays him. William smiles sheepishly. "Starving." He changes his answer. I stand up and motion him to follow me into the kitchen. We pass Lacey and Thomas who are arguing about who the better gamer is in World of Warcraft.
From the kitchen we can still hear them, but not as loudly. I turn on the kitchen light and walk to the fridge.
"We have…milk, orange juice, raspberries, celery…whoa…"
"Huh?" He asks. I jump noticing he is right behind me peering over my shoulder.
"We need food." That was about it...next to a few leftovers.
"Your mom hasn't gone shopping in awhile?"
"What mom? We have a papa, who works a lot. Lacey and I go food shopping."
"I'm sor-"
"Don't be sorry, we're a happy family without a mom, lacey and I are very independent too." I sniff pulling out some leftovers in a plastic container.
"We're not use to food shopping though. Our older brother Lucas was the mom of the house, but he's going to college in America now." I open the lid and take a sniff. "Blah." I gag snapping it shut and stuffing it back in the fridge. I never eat leftovers, it's disgusting.
"So who cooks?"
"Lacey buys the food and I cook, I'm not a top chef, but I'm better than her and papa." I close the fridge and open the freezer. I smell something really good, and I almost blush realizing it's William's cologne…perfume? It was faint, sweet, slightly masculine, and very fresh. I inhale some more while looking into the freezer.
"Want a popsicle?" I ask.
"Yea!" He chirps. I pull out the box.
"What flavor?"
"Hmm…surprise me." I pull out two packages before stuffing the box back and shutting the door. I hand him the one that's red, which I'm sure is cherry flavor. I keep the one I know is banana. William leans against the dining table licking the Popsicle happily. I notice a flash on his tongue.
"Whoa!" He looks up, his eyes wide making him look innocent. "Your tongue!" His eyes hit recognition, obviously in this situation before, he sticks out his tongue. I lean in and see the barbell. "Cool, I kinda want one." I whisper inspecting it.
"Huh?" His tongue slides back in. I was speaking in French.
"Sorry, just tell me if I slip into French," I suck on my Popsicle.
"No problem." A moment of silence before I couldn't contain myself.
"How much did it hurt?" I ask.
"Honestly, not at all." He doesn't seem to mind talking about it. Which is good because I didn't want to annoy him with it. "It feels like a light pinch. Koko got her tongue pierced, and she said her helix piercings hurt more than her tongue. But she took her tongue piercing out."
"How much does it swell?"
"Mine didn't swell that much…Koko's swelled for three days. You can't eat any solids for a good week." He adds the last piece.
"Do you think I could get one?" I stick my tongue out. William looks down at my tongue.
"I think anyone can." He laughs. I stick my tongue back in blushing. "Do you want one?" He's grinning now. I feel all fluttery inside, I'm making William smile. Before I bet he hated me.
"Kinda, but I'd probably chicken out."
"I bet that one hurts more than a tongue." He points to my anti-eyebrow.
"It hurt…but not as badly as this one." I point to my tragus.
"It's cute, not many people can pull off an anti-eyebrow that good." I grin.
"Thanks." Another moment of silence as we eat our Popsicles.
"Do you really want a tongue piercing?" He asks. I look up at him, staring at his facial features. His eyes were gentler than I've ever seen them. His high cheekbones and round black eyes give him a handsomely dark innocence. He's more open with me then he was before. He's a beautiful person......
I didn't intend to get lost looking at him, but he was really attractive. At some point I realize I needed to reply so I shrug.
"Well, if you really want to, I can take you to my piercer. He did my tattoos and other piercing." I look up trying to find another piercing.
"Where?" He grins. "I wanna see." He sets his Popsicle down on the wrapper and lifts up his shirt on the left holding his arm out next to it. I see a delicately designed tattoo and a pierced nipple on his ribcage, and the tattoo on his arm.
"Ooh la, la." I lean in. "Freedom 89, yes?" I ask looking up. From this angle his eyes are shadowed and a small grin on his face. He was proud of his tattoo and piercing.
"Yup, that’s the year Tom and I were born." I touched the other one,
"Cool." I touch it lightly. His skin is warm and baby soft. He shudders back and I jerk back blushing. "Sorry."
"It's just; your hands are like ice cubes." He grins to let me know it's okay.
"Poor blood circulation." I wave my free hand before sucking on my Popsicle.
"Mittens?"
"I hate mittens…they are like fuzzy traps that kidnap your fingers away from your thumb." He raises an eyebrow at me.
"You're…weird."
"Does that disturb you?" I ask tapping the banana Popsicle on my bottom lip. William smiles down at me, not one of his fake ones, a genuine smile.
"Nope."